JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

That's harsh.

Yup, it is. As harsh as the likeness.

As anyone with a working set of eyes can see who this is supposed to be.

True, and I've stated the same thing about many other sculpts, including this one when it was first displayed. However, recognizing who it's supposed to be doesn't mean the sculpt is any good in terms of likeness. It's a terrible result for likeness and one would think the artist looked at Craig once or twice in a movie and then made the sculpt from memory. More than likely the changes were made with purpose to make sure it wasn't quite Craig.

It's a high quality piece and the paint makes him look very human, even to a much greater degree than many other sculpts. But just like those other sculpts, it's not Craig.

Hes a lot closer than the majority of the sculpts that have came before.

That's quite subjective. I don't have this one in person, but I have a number of others which are off in very different ways. They all evoke a memory of Craig, but if you put any of them next to a photo of the actor they all look very weak. The DID doesn't score any higher in that test even using the very best photos of it as the reference point.

Last edited:

Personally simpleztoys and not being biased but it's one it's the closest without a shadow of a doubt to DC apart from bbkills, the did one just looks so bad in photos you guys are using with the flash and the suit is just not good it needs to be slim fitting my liking

So a member or two have said that bbkill will do a second run of Craig Bond heads.... so those that missed out (me included) have another opportunity at some point. Hopefully before the end of the year.

I'm satisfied with my DiD for now... but I would love to get a bbkill head to go with that navy tux from verycool. Both seem to be slightly undersized and should match up nicely as a whole on a slim body.

Best Craig likeness out there on this DiD figure. I've seen them all and this is the only one I ever wanted to own. Just got him in and I'm very, very pleased with it.

Best Craig likeness out there on this DiD figure. I've seen them all and this is the only one I ever wanted to own. Just got him in and I'm very, very pleased with it.

Dave have you see the Bbkill sculpt?
hupete9e.jpg

Dave have you see the Bbkill sculpt?
hupete9e.jpg

I think you are both right! Sure, Bbkill is definitely better than the DID, but I think that matching the paint job quality of the DID is going to be near impossible, especially since I'd rate this particular paint job as one of the very best I've ever seen, throwing back HT to hasbro quality in comparison...:lecture

If the BBKill sculpt could be painted as well as the DID then it would certainly be a really nice sculpt. That said, apart from the minions at companies like DID, who do we know that can paint like that!?

The DID is the best to come from a top line manufacturer, and could well be the only one we see from a company like them.

If you think you can do BBKill's sculpt the justice it deserves then go ahead, but, if you can't then you may as well save yourself the money and go for the DID.

Hhm.Maybe is possible to find some companies painter?I'm almoust sure here is some member in sf who work in some companie and can paint heads such way.If I'm right-please p.m. me;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Well, I will try something new with that one. Previously, I'd found the way to make a translucent paint the way HT does. The results can be pretty close, but the black paint I have to use on the mix tends to pool in sone areas and makes the heads look dirty in some cases.

For the Bbkill, I gonna try to use this same mix, but for the first tine, I will try to paint it completely with an airbrush. I think it should spread the paint more evenly.

Plenty of talented painters on the board. Just check the customs sub-forum.

Hhm.Maybe is possible to find some companies painter?I'm almoust sure here is some member in sf who work in some companie and can paint heads such way.If I'm right-please p.m. me;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

PM sent. He should meet your requirements.

Silent Surfer can paint better than anyone on here here's a sheriff he just did...im sure someone will be sending him a bbkill sculpt to paint
yvy2ateh.jpg

There's plenty of painters in the customs section that can paint the hell out of this sculpt....just check out the repaint commission thread Roger.

I have total respect for all on this thread, but the comment about the paint job in the DID making hot toys look like hasbro had me scratching my head, it's nowhere near in the ball park.

Also still struggling to see how anyone can think its a good likeness. I give it 6/10.

However there's no disputing that it's a super high quality head.

Back