JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This week's work: (as the parts get smaller and the detail work takes over, the progress is less obvious)

Rear windows done and more door trim added. Fuel fillers cut out.

lotus58.jpg

Lots of tweaking around the rear quarters done. The rear bodywork, side windows, roof and rear hatch all converge at this point.

lotus59.jpg

Not updated for a bit, as i have been tackling one of the more difficult and time consuming aspects of the build, the wheels.

Each insert is made from 3 layers of plasticard. The hole spacing is marked out.

lotus60.jpg

One of the rears being shaped.

lotus61.jpg

Holes drilled and cut out.

lotus62.jpg

lotus63.jpg

Using a sharp knife and needle files, each slot usually takes about 20 mins to complete. With 5 per wheel, it's slow work.

lotus64.jpg

One of the front inserts almost complete.

lotus65.jpg

How it will look when inserted. Just the wheel centres to add. That's the easy bit.

lotus66.jpg

Aside from adding wheel bolts and valves, wheels are essentially done. The most tedious part of the entire build, which is why i left it near the end.

lotus67.jpg

Started making the steering wheel. There is an embossed Lotus logo that had to be cut out.

lotus68.jpg

The ring is a circular piece of sprue.

lotus69.jpg

Steering column, the wheel is removable to make it easier to put in figures.

lotus70.jpg

lotus71.jpg

lotus72.jpg

Finally have my Modern Life head, really happy with it:

7daa6405bc99aebd8e594abc23b42e5e.jpg
acf0d8ea4f5acfe46313b780437b20f4.jpg
9c0f43e64aec7c854776ac8313fc6b0e.jpg
a723b077245994a42d3c8ba3f59dc75c.jpg

Enviado desde mi CLT-L09 mediante Tapatalk

Looks like we finally have the official title: No Time to Die.

I really like it, and hopefully we'll see some new sculpts and get some third party outfits out of it so I can finally put together a decent Craig figure.

Interesting,

So, how many times is that that the word die has been in a Bond title!?

Live and Let Die
Tomorrow Never Dies
Die Another Day

Any more!?

There's always been a lot of dying. Nice to see that Modern Life pop up again. I'm quite happy with mine as well.

There's always been a lot of dying. Nice to see that Modern Life pop up again. I'm quite happy with mine as well.
I was undecided between Modern Life and the Balloonman one (found both versions available for purchase).

Both had pros and cons, but liked likeness a little more on ML, and I'm really loving how it turned out with Pop Toys gray suit and ZC muscular body.

Enviado desde mi CLT-L09 mediante Tapatalk

Back