JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to add reversing lights at the eleventh hour, only because i came up with an elegant solution just recently.

Built a one-way switch into the rear wheel hub. There is a friction collar around the wheel, which is free to rotate around it, but just tight enough to hold position.

lotus144.jpg

Collar positioned without the wheel for clarity. When the car is pushed forward, the arm swings away from the switch. When pushed backwards, the arm pushes toward the switch, activating the lights automatically.

lotus145.jpg

Shown assembled.

lotus146.jpg

LEDs fitted to the rear light clusters. Everything has been built to allow disassembly, in the event of such modifications.

lotus147.jpg

Please update a link in here or via PM if you post about the Trek build - I'd love to see that one develop.

The build is still ongoing and is documented in the Star Trek General Discussion thread. Links below:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179894&page=394
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179894&page=400

I started it when the Lotus build had stalled due to technical difficulties. As those problems were resolved, my focus shifted back to the car. Had Sulu not been delayed, i might have been more inclined to finish it.

Tackled one of the trickier jobs, the tartan cloth inserts. The print did not come out too well on the decal paper (normal paper was fine), bit blurry on the red areas, and came out more magenta than i would have liked, despite attempts to adjust the colour balance. It was too difficult to apply it in one go, due to the ridges in the seats, so had to do it one strip at a time. Cutting it into more manageable strips made the edges prone to chipping, leaving small white areas visible. Overall, i think it came out pretty well.

lotus148.jpg

lotus149.jpg

lotus150.jpg

A layer of Matt varnish to seal them, and then some touch up paint to cover the white bits. Quite pleased with the final result.

lotus151.jpg

lotus152.jpg

lotus153.jpg

Parts still to make: seatbelts and fittings, interior and exterior mirrors, footpedals, handbrake lever, strut for the front lid, pistons for the tailgate and installation of the window glass. Still on course to have it completed within the year.

Finishing touches on the interior. Seatbelts being made.

lotus154.jpg

Buckles have small magnets built in, so they "work".

lotus155.jpg

Carpeting installed. Each piece had to be cut individually.

lotus156.jpg

Seats are not fixed, but held in place by the centre console, and foot pedals attached.

lotus157.jpg

Mostly complete, just some work on the gear lever and a few switches to add.

lotus158.jpg

Happy New Year Bond fans! New Year, New Bond.

This marks 12 (holy **** I got old!) years since I got my first Daniel Craig. And I think this is the pinnacle, we have come a long way since the "dangerous man" Those who have been with this since the beginning know what that means lol.

Sharing the Buffy here... worth the price? You decide. This guy got me into the game, and he's my single quest for perfection so to me, there is no limit to what it takes to get there.

Damn that's nice. Electric blue eyes and all. Just a peek of the watch. Perfect skintone. And great work on the hair. :clap

It must be nice to have this breather -- knowing you have the ultimate Craig Bond figure.

Now should we take over and unders on how long you can sit still before you start seeing the next "upgrades".... such is this hobby :)

This marks 12 (holy **** I got old!) years since I got my first Daniel Craig. And I think this is the pinnacle, we have come a long way since the "dangerous man" Those who have been with this since the beginning know what that means lol.

Sharing the Buffy here... worth the price? You decide. This guy got me into the game, and he's my single quest for perfection so to me, there is no limit to what it takes to get there.

Damn .. the last pic looks like the man himself in a photoshoot

View attachment 475287
View attachment 475288

arggh.. My copy and paste skills suck ;)
Fantastic looking Bonds:clap

Back