JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

I would disagree about Rocco's Dalton sculpt. I can't really see why you guys don't see Dalton in it. Perhaps I'm in the minority here though? If there really is something off with the sculpt than I'm sure Rocco would at least check into it, but more people on the Dalton list do need to speak up in favor of that first. And so far, barely anybody on the list has expressed any sort of issue with the sculpt.

Last edited:

Well, I'm on the list, and I have to agree. I don't really see Dalton here. The mouth is spot on, and the color mock up certainly enhances the likeness, but I think it looks off though I'll be honest and say I can't pinpoint what's wrong. Probably the nose area I guess.

Well, at first glance I didn't think the Dalton was spot on either. Couldn't put my finger on why though. But then I was comparing it to various pics...and I think it's pretty much right on. Well, I'm willing to take the risk and paint it up and see. Dalton was pretty thin I thought, so I'm not seeing the neck issues. He did have a unique jaw/lower part of his face that I think will come out with paint.

Can anyone please pinpoint where they think the issue may lie for them?

Last edited:

It's hard to say. We're almost there for sure. I think it's either the nose or the forehead. I put my finger on the top part of his head to hide it and suddenly, Dalton was here. But it's really difficult to pinpoint.

Here cropped in parts.Maybe, guys, you can point, where are issues easier(who see them)
6138d2b2529d333bd18ad4f54a430bfe.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1450689625044.JPGuploadfromtaptalk1450689642758.JPG

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Agreed. Not 100% perfect, but it appears to be an excellent stand-in until one does appear. (if ever).

I'm still awaiting for mine to arrive and see it in hand. Hopefully soon.

I think I may have pinpointed (well, to ME, anyway) what's throwing off Rocco's Dalton sculpt, if he chooses to revise it.

Dalton has a rather unique cheek/jaw area. It's very chiseled, with very obvious laugh lines, but it's not sunk in. The sculpt looks good from the front, but from the sides you can see that Rocco "sunk in" the cheeks to achieve that look. I think that with a little more meat on those cheeks, we'll have an amazing Dalton sculpt. The lips, nose, eyes, hairline - they all match up on every image I've tried. But not the cheeks.

Here's two examples I did on the two "3/4" shots. Pic on the left, composite in the middle, original on the right..."fixed" on the bottom. Thoughts?

Dalton1.jpg

Dalton2.jpg

The face looks a little too long and slightly thin. possibly too much space in between the nose and upper lip. Also the chin could be a big wider and longer

The face looks a little too long and slightly thin. possibly too much space in between the nose and upper lip. Also the chin could be a big wider and longer

The long/thinness is because of those sunk-in cheeks I think...plus the chin, same thing. Not sure I agree about the spacing, it looks spot on from every picture overlap I've done.

Filling out the cheeks will help, but I definitely agree with Rob WRT the upper lip as well.

Terrific work with the angles and comps.

Ok, here we go - another Photoshop - filled in the cheeks, made the "laugh line" a little less pronounced, and reduced the size of the upper lip area a tad. Thoughts?

Dalton3.jpg

Here I'll agree

Ok, here we go - another Photoshop - filled in the cheeks, made the "laugh line" a little less pronounced, and reduced the size of the upper lip area a tad. Thoughts?

Dalton3.jpg
That one way looks mutch better, but if we are talking about changes-I think here need also to be bit more space between lover lip and chin.Then will looks bit longer jaw part which, maybe, looks bit squashed.
But as I know sculpt is already payd by some guys, and I'm afraid Rocco will not change work which is in some way sold.

Back