JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

My apologies, but I'm going to take a step back now, back to another time, long but not so long ago...

After many years of laying in wait, I finally snagged a reasonable Sideshow Scaramanga -- one of the few key old-school villains I do not have in my ridiculously massive Bond collection.

Did a few tweaks: little repaint, new shoes, new tie, a watch, added pocket flaps on jacket, correct buttons, corrected colors, white socks, and made that damn gun GOLD!

Scaramanga COMP 6-7-14.jpg

I know it still isn't HT quality, but I do have fun with these bashes.

Nice! Gotta have Scaramanga. I got a set of Bond and Scaramanga loose on eBay a few years back. Great figure. Especially for around 2003. Yours looks much nicer, too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Looks fantastic! Did you include his third nipple??

That was part of the factory original!

View attachment 113705

That's the crazy part. :lol Of all the things they missed on this figure, the hidden third nipple is not one of them. Its one of the reasons I really wanted the Sideshow version rather than just bash one from parts.

Much, much better!

Thank you. I'm happy to add him to my villains. Just had to get Christopher Lee. Want to line up Scaramanga, Dooku and Saruman.

True, can't think of a better suit offhand either. He may be scale height though as those old Bucks were pretty tall.

Yes, his height is close -- I extended the neck maybe a 1/4 to 1/3 inch to give him his 6'5" height -- but the Sideshow body is long and lanky enough that it works. He really towers over Roger Moore in that movie.

The suit itself isn't horrible -- its a good material to match the screen suit and the perfect shade of golden cream -- its just the incorrect number of buttons and the lack of pocket flaps that makes it look wrong... and its a bit boxy. In fact I may go back and tighten it up a bit.

Scaramanga always looked like a milk man to me in that cream suit.

Can anyone in the know tell me the pros and cons of a narrow shoulder knock off vs a Coulson body for a Bond custom?

Back