James “Bucky” Barnes Premium Format Figure – Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thx, I ordered the regular in the Netherlands for about 80$ less, but with the chance to grab an EX today, I decided to go with the EX.

In for one. I was going to skip it but recently got into Brubaker's Captain America run, which has been very entertaining.

Just found a chip on mine. :(. Didn't even notice it until I went to put it into the display. Returns Department, here I come! :lol

I really want to keep this one. One of the best PFs I've seen from them in a while.

If it is a $140 difference I say no. I prefer mine better with the masked head. The exclusive head ain't too bad either but $140 is just too much.

I think the print is great .... but no way I am paying $140 more .... unless you believe the price will increase later ....

Well, I got mine in today, and it's definitely an impressive piece, but mine unfortunately has some base-related QC issues. Apologies in advance for the cell phone camera pics. Firstly, there's the crooked eagle head that some also have:

IMG_02201.jpg

That's disappointing, but the bigger problem lies with the hole for Bucky's right foot not being deep enough for the peg:

IMG_02211.jpg

I tried the peg itself without needing to line up the left foot, just to test the depth, and the same issue arose. Lastly, there's a little paint slop on the star on his back:

IMG_02261.jpg

I'm not sure if I want to send the body back just for that issue, as the rest seems to be fine.

It's still a great piece, and is definitely worthy of the praise it's been given. For me, it was reading the first three omnibuses of Brubaker's Cap run that made me decided to get this. Great read if you haven't checked it out already.

EDIT: Oh yeah, this also had an "Assured for Quality" sticker on it.

Last edited:
My first one had a painted over/repaired chip on the front. SS sent a replacement body with a painted over/repaired chip on the back.

I can understand the first one arriving with a problem, as SS doesn't open all the boxes, but they sent the replacement in a regular box.

I have no idea why they sent me a defective statue to replace my first defective statue.

Anyway, I complained again and they said they have No More Replacements and offered $35 off to keep one of them or send everything back.

I asked for a full refund and I'm sending everything back.

The QC must be really really bad on these if they are out of replacements.

Pretty sad that I can get a statue in better shape from Ebay then I can from SS.

Anyway if someone gets # 88, you know it was a reject.

The QC from Sideshow has been pretty off as of late. My first Bucky came with several paint flaws (overruns, mispaints, even some chips, the star on the chest wasn't even shaded at all) and of course, the crooked eagle. Sent it back and luckily got a great replacement. Love/Hate game with every released statue it seems, sigh... =/

My first one had a painted over/repaired chip on the front. SS sent a replacement body with a painted over/repaired chip on the back.

I can understand the first one arriving with a problem, as SS doesn't open all the boxes, but they sent the replacement in a regular box.

I have no idea why they sent me a defective statue to replace my first defective statue.

Anyway, I complained again and they said they have No More Replacements and offered $35 off to keep one of them or send everything back.

I asked for a full refund and I'm sending everything back.

The QC must be really really bad on these if they are out of replacements.

Pretty sad that I can get a statue in better shape from Ebay then I can from SS.

Anyway if someone gets # 88, you know it was a reject.

I'm pretty sure that is their nice way of saying "we think you are too picky, we don't want to deal with you anymore." Bucky has only been released for a couple of weeks and they are out of replacements already? Yeah right. I mean the regular is still available on their website.

Really sorry to hear that but I'd do the same thing if I were you.

Back