Jakk's Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jakk's 31" Star Wars line

I'm at Star Wars Weekends right now and the Vader is only $39.95 at Disney.

Not bad, you getting one?

I was wondering where the last two articulations were on these, on the 31" 7 articulation points new Superman thats out at the stores its the wrists (rather than the elbows or knees) which kinda sucks. :(
I was hoping the troopers would have the elbows bend for some (however limited) variation of posing with their blasters.

Yeah, for 40 bucks this thing is a no-brainer. It displays awesome.

My only issue is I don't wanna haul this thing around the park all day (it's huge).
So I'll get it on the way out. Also, I flew down so mega Vader will have to be my 2nd carry-on item in the way back. :lol

My only issue is I don't wanna haul this thing around the park all day (it's huge).
So I'll get it on the way out. Also, I flew down so mega Vader will have to be my 2nd carry-on item in the way back. :lol

Strap him on Yoda style. :lol

I always end up trashing stuff I wanted to keep (like our R2 mugs last year) just because I don't wanna pack them up. I wish I could have went to weekends this year, its probably my favorite time along with halloween to be down there.

Nice. :lol

Not bad, you getting one?

I was wondering where the last two articulations were on these, on the 31" 7 articulation points new Superman thats out at the stores its the wrists (rather than the elbows or knees) which kinda sucks. :(
I was hoping the troopers would have the elbows bend for some (however limited) variation of posing with their blasters.

7 points if articulation also, neck, shoulders ( I wished they had used the natural divisions in the armour to place the articulation points) hips, wrists...

Though the figure is molded in separate pieces dome, facemask, billets (tusks) x2, arms x2, fists x2, upper torso (some parts are screwed together front to back like the torso), green button (originally supposed to be functional), belt, pelvis, legs x2, boots x2, cape, cape chain, lightsaber attached to belt...I think the belt boxes were molded w the belt ( trying to remember)...
It's worth every penny...beautiful sculpt, and the helmet is hard sturdy ABS...well made mass produced item...

Just as a comparison, for the about the same price the 1/10 artfx+ vader is created from about 30 plus separately molded components...and accessories
Dome, mask, neck brace, back of head (even ver. 1 without reveal portrait), cape, chest armour, shoulder armour, gauntlets, upper arms, upper body, chest box, belt boxes, belt, lower portion of tunic, legs, boots, shin armour, etc etc...lightsaber pieces, bases...

I'll be at SWW next Friday. You can buy things at Darth Mall and have them hold them and have them ready for you at the front of the park if you give them a couple hours lead time.

I'll be at SWW next Friday. You can buy things at Darth Mall and have them hold them and have them ready for you at the front of the park if you give them a couple hours lead time.

Yeah, I ended up doing that because I had like 2 big bags of stuff (plus the Vader) between the Darth's Mall tent and the Indy Adventure Outpost. :lol

And I broke down and got myself scanned for a 7" statue of me as a Stormtrooper holding the helmet.

I did the Carbonite one last year, and it is pretty cool... worth the 100 bucks, IMHO.

Yeah, I ended up doing that because I had like 2 big bags of stuff (plus the Vader) between the Darth's Mall tent and the Indy Adventure Outpost. :lol

And I broke down and got myself scanned for a 7" statue of me as a Stormtrooper holding the helmet.

I did the Carbonite one last year, and it is pretty cool... worth the 100 bucks, IMHO.

What'd you pick up at the Indy Adventure Outpost?

What'd you pick up at the Indy Adventure Outpost?

A few new shirts, an Indy messenger bag (that is kinda in the style of the MK VII gas mask mag he uses) and a glass beer mug I hadn't seen before. Also picked up an extra 7" TOD Indy figure.

A few new shirts, an Indy messenger bag (that is kinda in the style of the MK VII gas mask mag he uses) and a glass beer mug I hadn't seen before. Also picked up an extra 7" TOD Indy figure.

Nice score. A friend picked up the ROTLA 7" Indy for me a couple of years ago-- same basic body for the TOD one (just ripped shirt)? I bought a bag similar to the Indy bag last year in New Hampshire and I use it for my laptop. I need to get a new one though as one of the straps is going to go.

Always great to bring the best souvenirs back. Congrats.

Nice score. A friend picked up the ROTLA 7" Indy for me a couple of years ago-- same basic body for the TOD one (just ripped shirt)?

Ripped shirt, TOD cuts and scrapes on face, and bandaged hand. And comes with TOD machete, a sankara stone and Indy voodoo doll. The base is the same, but colored differently. Here's a quick iPhone pic:

View attachment 62032

I also got scanned as a stormtrooper! I picked up my 30th anniversary pin too!

I got the new raiders shirt! It was nice to see new Indiana Jones merchandise in the parks too!

I also got scanned as a stormtrooper! I picked up my 30th anniversary pin too!

I got the new raiders shirt! It was nice to see new Indiana Jones merchandise in the parks too!

:monkey2

Is this a this year only thing like the carbonite was last year? So jealous right now.

Ripped shirt, TOD cuts and scrapes on face, and bandaged hand. And comes with TOD machete, a sankara stone and Indy voodoo doll. The base is the same, but colored differently. Here's a quick iPhone pic:

View attachment 62032

Very nice. My ROTLA one is displayed over with my 3 3/4 collection (on top of box), but I used the base for my Henry Sr (Medicom) to sit on. :lol

I'll have to try and get a TOD 7" Indy when I get the chance. Is the 31" Vader strong enough to display with your overall collection? (not too toyish)

Is this a this year only thing like the carbonite was last year? So jealous right now.

Yes. They'll probably have a new one for next year too.

Well, they're doing the Carbonite again this year, too. So maybe they'll introduce a new one each year but do all of them?

I'll have to try and get a TOD 7" Indy when I get the chance. Is the 31" Vader strong enough to display with your overall collection? (not too toyish)

Yeah, I think it's very much cool enough to display in a collection. Just check out Demorathis' pic:

imageqhmt.jpg

Back