Jakks DC Big Fig batman v superman ,Super Powers etc !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very impressive mods so far! This figure has a lot of potential.

For all the fellow collectors in Switzerland: I got this figure from amazon.it for only EUR 43,30 (shipping included, no import tax). A bargain compared to CHF 99 in a toy store.

Now I'm looking for some pleather to make a custom cape and some paint to make the grey darker and weathered.

I decided to give this a try a little too late, and now I wish I had more time to resculpt joints and repaint the rest. Finished repainting the head first to see if I could do a decent job, and I hope I did! For the armor I hand-painted Mr Hobby steel acrylic paint (steel is the color) over Nippon Pylox silver spraypaint. For the mouth area I used Vallejo paints and a brush :)

13124818_10153564237636592_7302230601479335744_n.jpg

13123217_10153564237606592_4052539191044100063_o.jpg

13151962_10153564237631592_901180717892032215_n.jpg

13139169_10153564237711592_4469056346308241110_n.jpg

I decided to give this a try a little too late, and now I wish I had more time to resculpt joints and repaint the rest. Finished repainting the head first to see if I could do a decent job, and I hope I did! For the armor I hand-painted Mr Hobby steel acrylic paint (steel is the color) over Nippon Pylox silver spraypaint. For the mouth area I used Vallejo paints and a brush :)

13139169_10153564237711592_4469056346308241110_n.jpg

Awsome stuff! I would do a little bit more silver dry-brushing on the bridge of the nose, I mean look at this picture-

lifesizebatman.jpg

Also on the sharp angled corners beneath his eyes. In fact more silver dry-brushing on all the sharp angles will be cool. Look at the scratches too.

You've done your airbrushing well, however, if you can manage get a thin brush and paint each hair individually too :) A bit difficult, but doable with a seady hand and a tiny sized brush.

Just some pointers. Great job and keep modding.

Awsome stuff! I would do a little bit more silver dry-brushing on the bridge of the nose, I mean look at this picture-

View attachment 262321

Also on the sharp angled corners beneath his eyes. In fact more silver dry-brushing on all the sharp angles will be cool. Look at the scratches too.

You've done your airbrushing well, however, if you can manage get a thin brush and paint each hair individually too :) A bit difficult, but doable with a seady hand and a tiny sized brush.

Just some pointers. Great job and keep modding.

Thanks man! While this will be my first time to repaint a full figure, I've been fascinated and have been doing weathering to a few of my HTs and NECAs (I personally love the weathering I did for my HT Arkham City Batman and NECA Arkham Knight Batman). I love weathering metal in particular, and this will have that :) this is still a work in progress, and I just wish I had more time to get back to it soon.

Using high-res photos of HT life-size and Prime1 for reference. BTW, apart from the silver undertone for the armor which I sprayed on from a can, the rest were painted with brushes as I don't have an airbrush :)

the glass eyes used on the batman are a really nice touch. Im thinking of doing that with the superman one also, but i want to something showing his heat vision. where can i find some red glass eyes or any idea of doing it with 2 really bright red leds?

89db8e8fa754cb29f61ea431da11d718.jpg

Here's my attempt at a Knightmare version guys, still working on the goggles and knee pads but almost there!

I learned today that this has been Jakks' most successful line yet. Not in overall numbers (they still produce and ship way more Star Wars product than anything else), but in sell-through rates. Apparently, it was a smashing success in that area. Which makes sense I guess as I don't see this all over stores anymore.

That is beautiful work. :clap:clap:clap
Since you did so much work already, why not fill and paint the articulation seams on the shoulders?

Because just focusing on the head part and not consider so much while processing... :lol
PS. I'm repainting Superman and will share when finished.

Back