Jakks DC Big Fig batman v superman ,Super Powers etc !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, I'm going to be selling my custom 31" batman, gotta say it was Rahmier84 which convinced me to do this. It's because he's done such a great job that I kinda want to start from scratch! :p

Here's the listing if you're curious. Postage will be pretty expensive I know.
CUSTOM 31" INCH BATMAN V SUPERMAN DAWN OF JUSTICE FIGURE JAKKS PACIFIC 1/2 SCALE | eBay

It's mostly for you guys' curiosity so you can see how much your custom can sell for if you do decide to sell it. I know you all probably have your own at home, so I'm not really attempting to sell it to you guys.

I'm not sure of the forum rules though, whether adding an Ebay listing on here is allowed?

Anyways, hopefully we can see how much dosh I can get :p haha

I turned the exacto knife to the side to carve the hairs in diagonally..here's some close ups...zoom in to see the texture
It just adds a bit so it's not a smooth faced sculpt.

3880ff2c42506a171e792c9e29436e6e.jpg

6adb4e91581090841eeed46b37ceda92.jpg

4bcdf3fcc0e3f03103778e218f1392b6.jpg

Best custom on this I've seen- just beautiful. Amazing

Everyone is doing such amazing work in here. Here's my take on it. I added a bit to the neck and made a plug hot toys style for it to be able to rotate side to side as well as up. I used some glass eyes on it, filled the hands with resin and repose a bit more closed. Also made his stance a bit wider and more natural. Then filled in the stomach gap. Thanks to Cosplay Chris and his video for the inspiration to redo it.

7a313ce499733eec1f86285c138754d3.jpg

what IRIS diameter was it again? I wasn't sure whether that 10mm was the eyeball diameter or the iris?

I used 10mm, I think it was measured as the entire eye. So try 8mm and it should be perfect. I waited a month on 3 pairs...12mm...10mm..and 8mm. I think the 8mm were actually 6mm and was too small. 8 should be perfect if they send you the correct ones.

Hey rahmier. Very impressive. Quick question regarding your Grey area dry brush technique. Do you dab away at it or stroke across the raised areas? Also what paint did you use? Starting a 19" bat fleck tonight.

Hey rahmier. Very impressive. Quick question regarding your Grey area dry brush technique. Do you dab away at it or stroke across the raised areas? Also what paint did you use? Starting a 19" bat fleck tonight.
Stroke across the raised areas with very little dark grey acrylic paint on your dry brush to bring out the texture.

Wow. Amazing work poster over the past few weeks. Really inspiring! Making want to go get another one and try some of these different techniques with the facial hair and the eyes!

Here's a new shot of my 31" Knightmare. I made his scarf smaller and also thinner:

It's amazing work n'all, I'm in awe of what all of you are doing to these figures, but 700usd? Do these people realise they are buying a $30 cheap plastic figure with a bit of paint on it? Fair play to whoever sold that.

Wow. Amazing work poster over the past few weeks. Really inspiring! Making want to go get another one and try some of these different techniques with the facial hair and the eyes!

Here's a new shot of my 31" Knightmare. I made his scarf smaller and also thinner:

I think that would look awsome if you did what Sejohn did and use a heatgun to widen his stance. Other than that, looking good rougerunner!

It's amazing work n'all, I'm in awe of what all of you are doing to these figures, but 700usd? Do these people realise they are buying a $30 cheap plastic figure with a bit of paint on it? Fair play to whoever sold that.

Yeah when I seen it I was like Holy ****. The face detail was amazing though.

Man, this thread is really making me want to get one of those armored figures and try painting it up.
What kind of paint do you guys recommend to get that worn/scuffed metal look?

Back