Jakks DC Big Fig batman v superman ,Super Powers etc !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my Wonder Woman that I just finished. Someday I'll make a belt/lasso/sword..., but for now, I just wanted to repaint.

And with my other two, peering over my computer at work:

Acrylic skin tone followed with pastels, then .005 tip pen, and finished with flat clear coat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acrylic skin tone followed with pastels, then .005 tip pen, and finished with flat clear coat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, thanks man.
Great job. I've yet to paint mine, but that's one that I'm concerned about painting cause it can easily look blotchy.
Yours look very natural.

SectionOne, Holden, Remy: Your customs look amazing. Great work!

A couple new pics I took last night:

SectionOne, Holden, Remy: Your customs look amazing. Great work!

A couple new pics I took last night:

Thanks man. Same to you to buddy.
Honestly, when you said you were gonna make an apocalypse version with this...I was like...hmm....Okaaaay.
Cause finding a trench coat and the pants seems such a hard task unless you get a tailor to do it.
But you did it.
Great job man. :hi5:

Thanks man. Same to you to buddy.
Honestly, when you said you were gonna make an apocalypse version with this...I was like...hmm....Okaaaay.
Cause finding a trench coat and the pants seems such a hard task unless you get a tailor to do it.
But you did it.
Great job man. :hi5:

Haha thanks man! It started as an ambitious thought. Then, last week, the pizza place I ordered lunch from is in the same shopping center as Goodwill, so while I was waiting I ventured in to see what I could find. Walked out with the pants and the petite ladies coat lol. It's still a tad large but I have it pinned in the back of the jacket to make it tighter. I'm going to make a better pair of goggles since I have a process for it now. The scarf and wraps were the easiest parts. This is definitely a fun figure to customize!

Cool, thanks man.
Great job. I've yet to paint mine, but that's one that I'm concerned about painting cause it can easily look blotchy.
Yours look very natural.

Thanks! Great work on your customs as well...fun to watch your progress. What really helped me in doing all of these (and Batman is my favorite) was to use photos alongside the painting process. With Affleck, there is a certain pattern to how his stubble grows...with Cavill and Gadot, their eyebrows are distinctive. I've discovered as an artist, that it's the small details that make a difference. Now, my repaints are nowhere near perfect, but I think taking the time to study their faces and find those details is worth the time and effort. It also helps that these sculpts are pretty dang good. Gadot's may be the most 'off', but even then, it's fairly close.

Thanks! Great work on your customs as well...fun to watch your progress. What really helped me in doing all of these (and Batman is my favorite) was to use photos alongside the painting process. With Affleck, there is a certain pattern to how his stubble grows...with Cavill and Gadot, their eyebrows are distinctive. I've discovered as an artist, that it's the small details that make a difference. Now, my repaints are nowhere near perfect, but I think taking the time to study their faces and find those details is worth the time and effort. It also helps that these sculpts are pretty dang good. Gadot's may be the most 'off', but even then, it's fairly close.

Yup, agreed. That's why I think about 95% of my figures have some sort of mods, cause sometimes...adding just a little bit of detail makes a huge difference.
Although sometimes, an extensive detailing is also needed.
I've modded two 19" batman now, but I hesitated on the face touch up cause of trying to figure out how to tackle the stubble.

I also bought the 19" Superman cause I also saw the potential. The sculpt is there, its the paint that gives it a cheap look.
So I'm really glad to see your repaint cause its night and day.
I am very surprised at the quality of these figures cause the likeness is amazing.
I'm wondering if Batman and Superman were made from scans of the actors.
I think Wonderwoman is the weak link which makes me think that she probably wasnt from a scan and just from a sculpt.

Great job all.

Finally finished my batman. I painted up the eyes, removing the fake specular highlight adding some pink in the lids and adding a think dose of gloss coat. I also glossed up some of the black areas to separate them out from the grey, and finally adding a couple more scratches.

IMAG0399.jpg
IMAG0396.jpg
IMAG0440.jpg
IMAG0447.jpg
IMAG0389_1.jpg
IMAG0408.jpg
IMAG0404.jpg
IMAG0405.jpg
IMAG0407.jpg
IMAG0441.jpg
IMAG0443.jpg

Thanks for the input guys! I made a little stop at goodwill today. This is going to be a tough custom (going to involve a bit of fabrication). Still need to figure out the goggles. Here are a few teaser shots:

Did you custom make these clothes? It looks amazing.

Yup, agreed. That's why I think about 95% of my figures have some sort of mods, cause sometimes...adding just a little bit of detail makes a huge difference.
Although sometimes, an extensive detailing is also needed.
I've modded two 19" batman now, but I hesitated on the face touch up cause of trying to figure out how to tackle the stubble.

I also bought the 19" Superman cause I also saw the potential. The sculpt is there, its the paint that gives it a cheap look.
So I'm really glad to see your repaint cause its night and day.
I am very surprised at the quality of these figures cause the likeness is amazing.
I'm wondering if Batman and Superman were made from scans of the actors.
I think Wonderwoman is the weak link which makes me think that she probably wasnt from a scan and just from a sculpt.

I wonder too but I think it looks like Gal let down by bad paint and hair hard to do molded like this.
These are the best figures made on BvS as far as mass market and prices are unbelievable

Great job all.

Finally finished my batman. I painted up the eyes, removing the fake specular highlight adding some pink in the lids and adding a think dose of gloss coat. I also glossed up some of the black areas to separate them out from the grey, and finally adding a couple more scratches.

View attachment 257144
View attachment 257145
View attachment 257146
View attachment 257147
View attachment 257148
View attachment 257149
View attachment 257150
View attachment 257151
View attachment 257152
View attachment 257266
View attachment 257267

Your cape is next level. How did you manage to darken the raised portions of the Grey and miss the valleys? Did you roll it?

Your cape is next level. How did you manage to darken the raised portions of the Grey and miss the valleys? Did you roll it?

I drybrushed mate. :) use your finger instead of a brush, make sure there's hardly any paint on it and it's well spread out nearly dry. Rub on the texture. Works like a charm for the most part.

Sometimes you screw up and there's too much paint on your finger and it goes in the valleys. You have to be very careful and it takes some getting used to . I recommend practicing on his back because it will eventually be hidden by his cape.

I wonder what the changes are that Jakks makes a 48" version of BvS Batman? I guess not great, since the Darth Vader and Stormtrooper ones didn't seem to sell too well (even though $99 for something that big is a good price).

Just picked up the stormtrooper for 79.
I'm hoping they continue the 48" line.
I wish they went all the way and made a 6ft figure lol

Just picked up the stormtrooper for 79.
I'm hoping they continue the 48" line.
I wish they went all the way and made a 6ft figure lol

Unfortunately I bet this line is over......there are too many versions of Bats and Supes in so many scales yet to come. Too bad because these are the best value around for these guys

I wish they were doing a civil war line.

Me too. Dying for a black panther. Nice big 31" iron man would be awesome too. Where it could get dodgy in terms of figures would be cap, winter solder, vision and falcon because of the head-sculpts. Ant man would be cool too.

:)

Back