Jakks DC Big Fig batman v superman ,Super Powers etc !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone do an armored repaints? Looking to pick one up soon.

I did and posted last week.

2302C53456EF53A80AD056

2719B23B56EF53C414DF7C

2605013B56EF53BF2216C5

For $24 shipped, this thing is a steal.
Repainted the body with lacquer paint mixed with thinner.
repainted gold to the belt, gloves and boots also with lacquer paint then drybrushed black over it.
Added cuts to the bat emblem and the belt.
Still need to replace the cape and repaint the face.

For $24 shipped, this thing is a steal.
Repainted the body with lacquer paint mixed with thinner.
repainted gold to the belt, gloves and boots also with lacquer paint then drybrushed black over it.
Added cuts to the bat emblem and the belt.
Still need to replace the cape and repaint the face.

whered u get it for 24? I checked amazon and its like 40ish

whered u get it for 24? I checked amazon and its like 40ish

ebay. $23.85 shipped. :)

Hmmm...I was gonna give you the link cause I just bought it last week, but I guess cause of the movie being popular, I see the seller who sold me this is sold out and his price is now $35.75.

Hmmm...I was gonna give you the link cause I just bought it last week, but I guess cause of the movie being popular, I see the seller who sold me this is sold out and his price is now $35.75.

damn oh well guess i'll get it from amazon...

Do you guys disagree with me? I'm trying to be fair to CCs ideas here, but I haven't seen many people adopt my methods. Perhaps there is a reason and my mods are not to all your liking? Please do let me know, because I'm wondering if people genuinely think the shoe polish idea is better? Cheers guys.

Edit: I understand a lot of you have already done the shoe polish method. How satisfied are you with it? Did anyone manage to get a matte finish after applying the polish? cheers.

I think any sort of wash-and-wipe method will produce a more polished, professional look. I'm considering drybrushing the suit (or doing so after a light wash to bring out the muscle separation), but I do worry that it will be harder to get it to look good. Might see how it looks after that first wash and whether it needs anything more. If I do stick solely with the polish, I hope to be able to apply a matte varnish afterwards to minimize the shine.

tl;dr: On the one hand, you have to weigh accuracy. On the other hand, the ease of getting a presentable (albeit inaccurate) result without much custom experience. This is my thought process. Not speaking for anyone else here.

or at Aldi's for $14.99!!!

Keep up the great custom work guys! I am toying with the idea of doing a custom Knightmare Batman with the 31" figure. I may use my already customized 31" figure, or just buy a new one (I have a $10 TRU rewards coupon I need to use before it expires next month).

I plan on buying toddler-sized trench coat and olive green cargo pants online. The scarf and gauntlet wraps will be pretty easy. Still figuring out what I would do to fab up custom goggles for him.

Has anyone attempted this yet? I may give it go soon..

I was wondering about a Knightmare custom, but couldn't think of any 1/4 trench coats to get for the 19". Using a toddler one on the 31" is genius!

Keep up the great custom work guys! I am toying with the idea of doing a custom Knightmare Batman with the 31" figure. I may use my already customized 31" figure, or just buy a new one (I have a $10 TRU rewards coupon I need to use before it expires next month).

I plan on buying toddler-sized trench coat and olive green cargo pants online. The scarf and gauntlet wraps will be pretty easy. Still figuring out what I would do to fab up custom goggles for him.

goggles wise you could try kids swim goggles or kids sunglasses lenses and front frame and add a strap instead of the bits that go to your ears ,don't know if that part has a name ,just cant think of it atm lol
great idea on the toddler size clothing

Great Idea

I'm afraid even toddlers trench coats and cargo pants will be too large for the 31" IMO. You might get away with it by de-stitching and trimming, I hope you know how to sew!

For the goggles why don't you make them out of foam? Watch this youtube tutorial- he does it in life size but you could easily downscale it.

Make sure you really dust him up with some brown paint and do some awsome weathering.

Thanks for the input guys! I made a little stop at goodwill today. This is going to be a tough custom (going to involve a bit of fabrication). Still need to figure out the goggles. Here are a few teaser shots:

Back