Jabba set.. Sideshow or Gentle Giant?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SIDESHOW, hands-down one of the best SW collectibles ever made.

And it can be acquired rather cheaply now.

:lecture

Yeah thats true! Whats the story there? I'd of though the SS one would shoot up in value...
SS all the way but with a GG Slave Leia too

I'm sure their will be some bias (as this is a Sideshow board) but I too prefer the Sideshow version. To me he looks perfect and the set-up is great. Also, being primarily a 1/6 collector Sideshow's has that advantage as well.

I wouldn't imagine there's a bias, I think people around here can comment on this matter without a bias.

I think the GG offering, aside from Jabba himself is fantastic, you get the band, Oola, the option to trade for Slave Leia, Bib Fortuna and at a smaller size so you don't have to give up as much space as Sideshow's setup. If you want a more compact, setup and don't care if it looks just like the sceen Jabba, it's the way to go.

If you want the best representation of Jabba made in any scale, Sideshow's is the way to go. Other than the placement of some elements on his hookah pipe, everything else looks spot on.

I would sell mine but the shipping cost could be fatal.

DSCN0164.jpg

I love the Sideshow verison better, but GG isnt to bad as well..You may want to consider how much room you have to display Jabba, the Sideshow verison is alot bigger than GG..also, do you want the accessories that GG offers to complete it (ie. Max Rebo Band, Leia, Rancor, etc.)...I choose the Sideshow verison mainly because I diddnt like the GG version of his eyes...GG Jabba looks way stoned, and his frog stew pot doesnt have a top...

Well..good luck...on what ever decision you make..

If you want a Jabba that actually LOOKS like Jabba, then go with Sideshow. The GG one is very off, especially if it is supposed to represent ROTJ Jabba.

Without a doubt - SS.
I bet, in time SS would offer more creatures to add on to the setup.

If anyone cares, BBTS has the Gentle Giant Jabba and Rebo band statues 18% off until the 18th.

Good sale, Joel put a lot on sale and I already got my order in. As for the set I vote SSC version for sure. I had to put it in storage with almost all of my other starwars while we are in the process of moving and remodeling our new home. But when It's done I will have a Theater room, and Jabba along with all of the characters from the ROTJ scene will have a highly detailed 4' x 3' display area in it with a trap door and lower level set up to display the Rancor pit as viewed through the trap door above and the gate from below. Then I can set up a 33/4" scale Rancor and his keeper and make it look visually to scale.

Sideshow would be the one, they are both good but I think that the sideshow has that little more playability and Jabba realism than the GG..See my jabba pics under show your shelves section.... Just thought you might also like to checkout the different displays that can be created with this SS version..

PS....Well done Cocoboloboy very nice display

:clap:clap:clap

Last edited:
Back