JABBA Moves!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are pretty funny.

I agree, not thrilled with the shoulder pads, it's a little too bulbous. I actually would prefer a statue of the guy to stick on the throne. I don't think he is intended to really move anywhere. A star wars version of a beached whale.

There's no difference between this and the prototype we first seen. Actually, I think it's the exact same one.

Sachiel said:
There's no difference between this and the prototype we first seen. Actually, I think it's the exact same one.

Seems to me the colors in the new pics are more vivid and alive... The shoulder issue was always there, I think... Maybe the animated pics just accent it more... Or maybe I am just searching a psychological scape goat for my sadness in having to cancel? :eek:

I'm really looking forward to Jabba more and more... I still have no idea what I'm gonna do with him once he arrives (limited display space) but if Bib is any indication he's gonna rock the house hard!!!

I don't think his shoulds are a big deal, they don't look much off from this to me:

jabba6.jpg

The only thing that may be off is his coloring. He is much more green and darker in the picture above than the figure photos. I saw the proto at SDCC and I must say that there really wasn't anything wrong with it. I got a 360 and 180 degree look at him (around and above). The size of this piece is going to blow everyone away (even us that attended SDCC). At the show, the 12" figures looked tiny compaired to the PF next to them (my first time seeing PF in person).

galactiboy said:
I'm really looking forward to Jabba more and more... I still have no idea what I'm gonna do with him once he arrives (limited display space) but if Bib is any indication he's gonna rock the house hard!!!

Truer words where never spoken.

galactiboy said:

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Jabba is gonna look great sitting on my floor:eek:

He is going right behind my desk in my office. It's all cleared off and ready. I got rid of all my Marvel dioramas to make room--that's how confident I am that he will be awesome.

tomandshell:

Please provide us with pictures when that display happens...sounds cool (also sounds like you'll have office visitors in awe...my Sideshow figures always get a Wow or two when I display 'em at work..:lol )

Love your new sig BTW...

maulfan:
Great Jabba pic...
347426720_2207cf96ba_o.jpg

I added the Sideshow Jabba to show just how well done the figure is in comparision...I'm not seeing that "shoulder" issue.
As for the coloring...be mindful that the movie still features pretty dramatic lighting conditions, right down to the hot spot on Jabba's face.

I think we'll all be blown away with the big guy when he shows up...

Last edited:
I want to say that that movie pic of Jabba is the reference shot for the figure. If the figure's right arm was down the pics would be pratically identical.

Buttmunch said:
I want to say that that movie pic of Jabba is the reference shot for the figure. If the figure's right arm was down the pics would be pratically identical.
I think this is the reference shot:

Buttmunch said:

It wouldn't look identical more so because of the angles. I'm a photo/graphics nut so I notice the smallest details. In the film shot, Jabba is seen at an angle towards his tail, just slightly, and the SSC image is straight on, so in the film shot, the point where Jabba's head rolls over his back is making the right arm's fat rolls look a little lesser than the SSC figure has sculpted, but from the same angle it'd all look right. As for the color of the figure, I'm not picky about what shades they use, so long as the final production piece has the same soft transitions of color that the film and prototype have, no harsh edges like all of the Hasbro figures.

Back