Jabba Display

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely work, I like glass around/over my pieces though. Not really all that fond of dust! The enemy of all collectors!

I think its pretty brilliant. I can kinda see the point about it being too much, but I don't really agree. It fits in with the museum look of the room. I think an acrylic case would put the cap on it though and remove all doubt.

I applaud this guy for melding his craftmanship with the great collection.

A lot of dedication in this work. However, it looks so much like the real thing that the SS pieces look like little toys on top of them.

Yeah it really would optimize the stand if it was used for a 1:1 piece like Salacious Crumb or Greedo.

Here the same base with Salacious on it:
dsci0052qj9.jpg

I think it works for either, but I think the problem is its out of balance. Its so big that anything on it looks diminished. However, like I said, if it had a acrylic case on top to balance its bulk it would look even more amazing.

Crumb looks great up there but the stand is too wide for him. Maybe a scrap of brown fur like the one Jabba sits on to soften the top edges of the pedestal? If the gargoyle were on the thinner pedestal it might be the best look.

With the wide base, I think the Jabba set up works better as it is also horizontal. The display would be a bit less dominant I think, if there were more characters on top like Luke, 3PO, Leia, etc. and perhaps the stairs and wall behind Jabba to make the display visually heavier and dominant than the pedestal and gargoyle.

Last edited:
Back