Jabba and throne, how will you display?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hunky_artist said:
I..... really dont know where this thing is going to be displayed. Maybe nowhere yet, I honestly don't think I have anywhere big enough for it.

But I knew this, and I bought it on the knowledge that at some point in the future I'd probably move to a bigger house, and would have space there. This is just too much of an iconic piece (and part of my childhood... I was 11 when Jedi came out) I had books about ILM and how they made all the stuff, I loved the film.... and it's Jabba for cryin' out loud.

So one day...... somewhere... I'll have is on display! :rotfl

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, though I was born the year Jedi came out so I didn't get on board until I was 4 but I was hooked from that point on, and Jabba was an instant favorite of mine and the highlight of my Christmas morning when I was 5 and tore back the wrapping paper to find the Jabba and Throne set, so without any hesitation I ordered up the whole package knowing I will absolutely love the whole package and I can deal with where to put it / display it later in life.

I had a spot picked out on top of some shelves in our office, but when the correct dimensions were added to the listing I had to come up with something else. Either building a deep shelf above our computer, my dresser (visible from hallway, or on top of a built in dresser in a walkway between two rooms (not visible from hallway). Needless to say my wife picked the more hidden location which is fine. After all she didn't fight me on getting him much so I'll take whatever I can get that keeps the peace. Besides it will not be so tempting to our kids to mess with.

I was born the same year too (1983), and I never saw Star Wars till I was like 6 or something. Still, my favorite scene since then was the Tantive IV hallway. Despite that, my favorite OT character has always been Jedi Luke, and the main attraction I have to the Jabba stuff is seeing Luke in action. If anything, it's a Jedi Luke stage!

I'll have to get a bigger place first, then I'll look into display options. My wife has told me that if we get a three bedroom house one of the rooms will be all mine for a theater and display room!

If I were to ever get a Jabba he'd be displayed in a case like this one:

jabbascene.jpg

Back