Statue J Scott Campbell Classic Spiderman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never understand the importance of size! For me if it is a good representation, any statue will catch my attention! So Kotobukiya's Unleashed Spidey can be a good example! There are other companies which you can purchase at a reasonable prices. The main issue here is why do you so consistent to purchase from Sideshow while their QC is so problematic nowadays? If you will continue to shop from them, they will never change their attitude about QC! As a result you can own a Spider Man statue from another company! I have a Bowen and Koto Spider and I am very happy with them. Their poses are very dynamic and no QC issues in terms of paint applications! Sideshow has to wake-up cause they act like ALICE! I know they can do better cause they did in the past but if you advertise your company in a big-budget movie whose director is DEL TORO, then act like a big COMPANY and wake up!

I never understand the importance of size! For me if it is a good representation, any statue will catch my attention! So Kotobukiya's Unleashed Spidey can be a good example! There are other companies which you can purchase at a reasonable prices. The main issue here is why do you so consistent to purchase from Sideshow while their QC is so problematic nowadays? If you will continue to shop from them, they will never change their attitude about QC! As a result you can own a Spider Man statue from another company! I have a Bowen and Koto Spider and I am very happy with them. Their poses are very dynamic and no QC issues in terms of paint applications! Sideshow has to wake-up cause they act like ALICE! I know they can do better cause they did in the past but if you advertise your company in a big-budget movie whose director is DEL TORO, then act like a big COMPANY and wake up!

Koto has had serious QC issues in the past.

Koto has had serious QC issues in the past.

Many of the Spiderman Unleashed pieces had the same muddy lines from the black washes as the Original Com had.:lecture

I had 2 of the Koto Spidey's (I sold one) and both had issues with the webbing. They are still both good looking pieces. However, Spidey is a difficult character to nail paint apps wise because of the webbing on his costume. SSC isn't the only company with this issue.

Well, I think you seem not to understand my point. Then wait for your perfect representation from another company! For example XM could give your dreamy Spider to you! Maybe my English isn't good enough or you don't want to understand me!

Eli I have been throwing as much gas on this fire as anyone, but just wait and see. You may be pleasantly surprised.
Since your name and sig have spidey, I am weighing your comments more. I am getting pretty nervous for this piece. It was actually my very first PO from SSC. It's what got me into collecting statues.

I had 2 of the Koto Spidey's (I sold one) and both had issues with the webbing. They are still both good looking pieces. However, Spidey is a difficult character to nail paint apps wise because of the webbing on his costume. SSC isn't the only company with this issue.

It is the way they put the black in the lines, they give it a black wash and then wipe of the extra paint, but it meets with mixed results.

Well, I think you seem not to understand my point. Then wait for your perfect representation from another company! For example XM could give your dreamy Spider to you! Maybe my English isn't good enough or you don't want to understand me!

Oh I am reading your meaning, XM had Eric Sosa, the sculptor from the Koto Spiderman working for them. It could be a killer piece, but as of right now it doesn't exist.

Hang on, you stated they had no paint issues.
If you are talking about the one you received or as a whole needs to be made clear before jumping on someone who says they did, infact, have issues.

I think that everyone who ordered it should at least see it. This picture looks great

IMG_4940_zps9efa91a6.jpg

It won't look like the proto, but I think that a lot of guys will like it anyway. It is just a different "like" in the end.

Yeah ... it looks like they literally took the entire method of painting they used for the original, and added just a little more contrast.

OOOOO! I missed this pic. That looks great.

Yea, in all fairness, I think a lot of us, including you Jay, are guilty of saying that we'd never order from Sideshow again due to past **** ups, yet here we are back again in the same situation...so we all moan about it but still choose to accept Sideshow for what they are...at the end of the day, I'm sure none of us like to throw our money away so we obviously buy these statues for a good reason. We are collectors :hi5: its in our blood!!! :yess:
I've just looked at how many statues i've had since 2011 and it's 3 :horror. Hulk (waited for in hand pics), Galactus (sent back for refund) This Spiderman. So i do practice what i preach. :lecture

I've just looked at how many statues i've had since 2011 and it's 3 :horror. Hulk (waited for in hand pics), Galactus (sent back for refund) This Spiderman. So i do practice what i preach. :lecture

Was pulling your leg mate ;) if only more of is were as head strong as you...soon as I see a new killer statue by sideshow I start to nose bleed everywhere!!! :lol :lol

Was pulling your leg mate ;) if only more of is were as head strong as you...soon as I see a new killer statue by sideshow I start to nose bleed everywhere!!! :lol :lol

:lol Don't get me wrong, i look at them all and think wow that looks amazing! But i'd just rather wait and see what we really get. I'm waiting to see these new hulks and Iron man statues.

Hang on, you stated they had no paint issues.
If you are talking about the one you received or as a whole needs to be made clear before jumping on someone who says they did, infact, have issues.

Buddy, first I have no personal problem with you, I want you to know that! Second, the main problem with Sideshow's Spider Man is the color difference with the proto and final product! They presented him with a matte color and so many collectors purchased him just for that different coloring then comiquette! The sloppy lines are inevitable result because of his costume design! Sure if Sideshow make a perfect presentation of the proto with perfect lines then the final has to match with it! But I guess we all know it was impossible but we didn't know the colors will be changed! My Koto Spider is same with the proto photos, nothing more,nothing less! I have no issues with my Spidey and my Bowen is also great, no sloppy lines!

It is the way they put the black in the lines, they give it a black wash and then wipe of the extra paint, but it meets with mixed results.

Exactly. No company is going to paint the lines on a mass produced Spidey. It would be too damn expensive, will take forever (if done properly) and it takes a very steady and skilled hand. I know everyone is saying wait for the XM Spidey but unless the lines are hand painted by some seriously skilled factory workers (what's the chance of finding enough to paint all of those Spidey statues), results will always vary on any Spidey statue that uses an ink wash for the webbing.

Back