Statue J Scott Campbell Classic Spiderman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They aren't gonna say **** about it man. They are gonna offer credit, return(so they can pawn it off on some other person) or neither I suspect. I'm torn between keeping a killer sculpt and then repainting down the road for what, a grand if I'm lucky with the level of paint detail? It would paint me to send it back but pains me to have to repaint this.

Even if you did repaint it Kinger, you'd still have to polyfill all those groove lines :slap would take an eternity not to mention a delicate hand...I know if this was my statue that it would be going straight back for a full refund...it would be more of a hassle for me to keep it and accept it for what it is than to send it back (which Sideshow will take care off in regards to return postage) I feel sorry for those who had ordered all 3 of these statues (MJ, Gwen and Spidey) :( trust Sideshow to **** up the last piece of the puzzle!!! :slap

5eda3uzu.jpg

a4y5evag.jpg

ahevarys.jpg

Thanks for the pics DR. I really need to hold this in hand to see what I am dealing with.

That's the thing he does look great in person, but that's not the point. We ordered the one that was at SDCC not this. So it is like a bait and switch and i'd be interested in what SSC have to say about it.

That's not the case my friend cause Batman PF looked not bad in hand while it is far away from the proto photos! His face is so dark so nearly everyone painted him to the customers! Every collector showed how they corrected the problem of armpit error with photos and videos on youtube! You know what? If Sideshow could say we failed, it would be enough for me! I am not mentioning the 3d style of the Batman logo's changing...

I agree we are not getting the level of "HIGH CONTRAST" that we were given in the proto...... Not even close. Is there shading on the production pieces? Yes, but no where near the correct color palette seen in the proto. Such a downer.

Yup..........

That's the thing he does look great in person, but that's not the point. We ordered the one that was at SDCC not this. So it is like a bait and switch and i'd be interested in what SSC have to say about it.

This pic from joe shows that there is at least some contrast, but it doesn't look like it was done nearly as successfully as it was done on the proto and as such does not significantly different from the original Com IMHO.

It is the bait and switch aspect of this is the pisser. The piece looks good as is, but it isn't what people ordered.

I kinda get what Spidey (Shawn) was saying now in regards to other Sideshow bloopers such as the Batman PF armpit gate and Arc Reactor gate for the Iron Man LSB in that at least those two were fixable however on this Spidey statue, the great success of it, in my opinion, comes from that one of a kind paint app/style and when that goes wrong, there is no simple fix! I'm sure the sculpt is a winner in its own right but I'd definitely be wanting some answers from Sideshow regarding this and at the very least a possible credit too cos this is totally not on! :lecture

That is what I was trying to say Andy. In order to get the IronMan LSB and the Batman to look like the protos all you really some patience, some skill, and some glue. Now you shouldn't have had to do that, but it wasn't so difficult that those who wanted to make the changes couldn't. THIS is an entirely different ball game. You know better then I do what is required to get this to look like the proto. Backfilling all of the grooves, sanding them back down, and then a COMPLETE paint job that, and I am not being rude here, that I imagine very few of the customizers around could actually pull off to the same degree as the proto just based on the line work alone (the lines on the proto were done by a MASTER). So what do you think that work would cost?? At least $600?? Maybe more would be my guess, and that is just a kick in the ass IMHO.

Looking like the 1/4th com color wise I really keep asking myself if I should just return and be patient for a 1/4th version to be revealed in the future. Decisions decisions.

That is what I was trying to say Andy. In order to get the IronMan LSB and the Batman to look like the protos all you really some patience, some skill, and some glue. Now you shouldn't have had to do that, but it wasn't so difficult that those who wanted to make the changes couldn't. THIS is an entirely different ball game. You know better then I do what is required to get this to look like the proto. Backfilling all of the grooves, sanding them back down, and then a COMPLETE paint job that, and I am not being rude here, that I imagine very few of the customizers around could actually pull off to the same degree as the proto just based on the line work alone (the lines on the proto were done by a MASTER). So what do you think that work would cost?? At least $600?? Maybe more would be my guess, and that is just a kick in the ass IMHO.

My guess would be no matter how much you pay to repaint it, its never gonna be 100% true to the proto...the pic above does look a little better but it still has the line grooves which the proto didn't have and like mentioned earlier, to me, it looks like its painted the same way as the 1/4 com was done. That had grooved lines and the colours aren't that dis-similar :dunno

I'm itching to get mine so I can send an email.
Might start composing it now.

Colin, you should just refuse to open! Once the fedex guy delivers it, just push the box back in his face and explain that you'll never accept such shody work again! :lecture :lol :lol

Joking aside, yea, definitely let Sideshow know the deal here. You have more than enough evidence in pics in this thread alone to back up your concerns. if you do keep it then at least sideshow should compensate you with a small credit at the very least

Spidey, you seem to be enjoying this. Nobody needs to do all that work. This came out great. Is it the same as the proto? Not quite, but neither was Batman. Or Ivy. They do have a disclaimer to that effect when ordering. To say it is a bait and switch is taking things too far. I know you LOVE your 1/4 piece, it is great. But you are kind of fanning the flames here.

IMO, it looks as good or better. I am sure it was a production reason they changed it, but will guarantee if anyone is that upset, they will refund your order before they ship it.

Mine's shipped already and I don't fancy chasing the government for my V.A.T back.
I'm entitled to complain about the differences and I actually enjoy doing a Victor Meldrew impersonation :wink1:

But yeah, Spidey has been willing this to fail :lol
Still looks cool but I already have a few cool Spideys and was looking forward to something different.

Thanks for the pics DR. I really need to hold this in hand to see what I am dealing with.

Looking like the 1/4th com color wise I really keep asking myself if I should just return and be patient for a 1/4th version to be revealed in the future. Decisions decisions.

I think that everyone who ordered it should at least see it. This picture looks great

IMG_4940_zps9efa91a6.jpg

It won't look like the proto, but I think that a lot of guys will like it anyway. It is just a different "like" in the end.

My guess would be no matter how much you pay to repaint it, its never gonna be 100% true to the proto...the pic above does look a little better but it still has the line grooves which the proto didn't have and like mentioned earlier, to me, it looks like its painted the same way as the 1/4 com was done. That had grooved lines and the colours aren't that dis-similar :dunno

Yeah ... it looks like they literally took the entire method of painting they used for the original, and added just a little more contrast.

It seems to be the people that don't own this that are kicking up a worse fuss than the ones that do own it. :lol

Kidding don't all flame me. :panic:

Looks good. But just wish 1/5 would've abolished already. It's just for the best ha

Hell yeah! That scale is practically dead anyway with the way SSC is handling it. Change it into a dedicated 1/4 fully scupted line. We'll all buy them and SSC will make more $$$. I have no clue on why SSC insists on selling 1/5 pieces when they themselves admitted customers don't want them. Flabbergasting! :slap

Spidey, you seem to be enjoying this. Nobody needs to do all that work. This came out great. Is it the same as the proto? Not quite, but neither was Batman. Or Ivy. They do have a disclaimer to that effect when ordering. To say it is a bait and switch is taking things too far. I know you LOVE your 1/4 piece, it is great. But you are kind of fanning the flames here.

IMO, it looks as good or better. I am sure it was a production reason they changed it, but will guarantee if anyone is that upset, they will refund your order before they ship it.

Cmom Tbolt. This defintely does not look as good or better then the promo. Of course they never do but this is a whole new level of SS BS. Lots of people kept their chipped and cracked Apocs too but it's not what they were expecting. This is even worse IMO because it doesn't even look like the same Spider man I ordered

Mine's shipped already and I don't fancy chasing the government for my V.A.T back.
I'm entitled to complain about the differences and I actually enjoy doing a Victor Meldrew impersonation :wink1:

But yeah, Spidey has been willing this to fail :lol
Still looks cool but I already have a few cool Spideys and was looking forward to something different.

You know what TBolt you are wrong about me enjoying this, but right that I am not making it better. I tried to pull myself back with my last post a bit. The thing is I am pissed for my friends here is all. If that makes sense. While I actually think this looks great, especially given the photo I just posted, I just don't like that SSC advertised something they most likely knew they couldn't do. I think if they would have advertise this using something closer to the production piece people would have still ordered it, and have been more informed. Instead some will be disappointed, and for some reason that is bothering me a lot with this one, and the only logical reason I can come up with is a lot of the guys I consider friends here are picking it up. I assure you that I am not enjoying it, and I am sorry if that is the way it is coming across.

I don't know if I was necessarily one of the people being refered to, but just to clear up things. I think the statue looks good. I would own this statue. But the fast that it is so different scares me for future orders. I understand that this in-hand differences is a common occurrence. But it is unsettling.

The sculpted lines to help insure straight paint is ok with me. But with out a doubt, the shading and paint on the proto was awesome. The matte/flat paint looks very good. The shading on the proto looked phenomenal. Like someone else said, if this was what had been teased... Successful release. But since I personally liked the proto paint app much better. It's just a little bit of a let down. Not a deal breaker, just a let down.

The fact remains, they need to produce the closest possible replica of the proto.

Anyone else still waiting for theirs to ship? My card was charged last week but my account still says shipping soon.

SDCC is close now and i can't wait for all the OMG instant PO. It's amazing etc. Only to read posts a year later slagging the same statues off. :lol People need to vote with their wallets, but we never really do. If i was the owner of SSC i also wouldn't give a crap about the statues if people were stupid enough to keep throwing their money at me. :lol

What we need is more companies to give these guys a massive run for their money. Then we might see some change. Until then enjoy the bait and switch. ;)

Back