J.J. Abrams' Fringe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I finally finished the series. And wow, what an ending. My only regret is that I didn't watch it sooner the last few seasons sooner. I remember being captivated by the first few seasons when they aired, and unfortunately, I fell out the loop with 'life stuff.' I've been going through the last few seasons, viewing the finale last night. I definitely teared up. I really, REALLY enjoyed what they did with this show. It had its highs and lows, but on the whole, definitely a stand-out for me. And a show that I'll be watching again in its entirety, in the future.

I think for me, the standout was the bond between Walter, Peter, and Olivia. I'm really impressed with how each character stole the show at one point in time. I felt something for all of them. I'll admit that I'm a bit partial to Walter, but I enjoyed seeing all of the characters develop. The end was a fitting finale for me. The white tulip was a nice touch, and one that again made me tear up a bit.

This is one of those shows that will be hard to mimic, IMO. The on-screen chemistry, writing, and overall dynamic makes it a solid standout in so many ways.

I will miss you Fringe Division. :(

So I finally finished the series. And wow, what an ending. My only regret is that I didn't watch it sooner the last few seasons sooner. I remember being captivated by the first few seasons when they aired, and unfortunately, I fell out the loop with 'life stuff.' I've been going through the last few seasons, viewing the finale last night. I definitely teared up. I really, REALLY enjoyed what they did with this show. It had its highs and lows, but on the whole, definitely a stand-out for me. And a show that I'll be watching again in its entirety, in the future.

I think for me, the standout was the bond between Walter, Peter, and Olivia. I'm really impressed with how each character stole the show at one point in time. I felt something for all of them. I'll admit that I'm a bit partial to Walter, but I enjoyed seeing all of the characters develop. The end was a fitting finale for me. The white tulip was a nice touch, and one that again made me tear up a bit.

This is one of those shows that will be hard to mimic, IMO. The on-screen chemistry, writing, and overall dynamic makes it a solid standout in so many ways.

I will miss you Fringe Division. :(

Fringe was one of the best television series of the last 15 years. I miss it much and just had to chime in since you completed it. It was remarkable for what they did in those five seasons.

Fringe was one of the best television series of the last 15 years. I miss it much and just had to chime in since you completed it. It was remarkable for what they did in those five seasons.

I'm tempted to restart it again, even though just finishing it. There was really something special about it. I've never seen plot-twists before, like ones that Fringe offered. Really clever. REALLY clever.

And like I said before, seeing the characters develop was really something. I loved watching Walter, in particular, seeing the highs and lows. Can't praise it enough.

I just started and finished this show while nursing my daughter. My immediate reaction is that it feels like the best sci-fi show I've ever seen, certainly the best not set in outerspace in the future (I'd rate DS9 and B5 tops in that area).

The relationships between the characters just felt so real and moving without resorting to heavy-handed sentimentality as Doctor Who sometimes does. All the major actors did outstanding jobs throughout, with John Noble being stellar. The writers managed to keep the plot fresh and weren't afraid to take risks. They even knew how to weave in humour quite deftly. For something with JJ Abrams attached there are only a few inconsequential plot threads left unanswered (e.g. Olivia's father, the rotoscope guy who attacks Peter and Walter).

Thank you whatever superfan at DiD made the licensed figures happen. Peter and Olivia may not be perfect, but I'm glad they are made. I think I'm going to commission an Astrid. This is my new Fab Four.

I need to go back and watched this show again. My wife and I watched it religiously up to about season 3 (4?) and then my young kids started taking up our time. They're now 11 and 10 (but I now have a one year old, so I don't know how much free time I'll have, LOL), and I don't know whether I should start from the beginning straight away or from where I left off, risking me having a bunch of questions regarding unremembered plot points.

I think I just answered my own question.

Back