I've spent HOW MUCH on my collection?!?!?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koolkollectibleskhai

Super Freak
Reaction score
Holy crap!!! I just made the mistake of doing the sums of all my collecting so far, and it is damn scary! I only started collecting figures back in September 2011, so it's only been about 10 months of collecting. And here's my breakdown (rounded):

- Star Wars Vintage Collection: $1200
- Misc Star Wars (Force FX, Lego etc): $500
- Hot Toys and SSC: $2900
- NECA: $300
- Takara MP Transformers: $400
- Display cabinets: $300

Total: $5600

So all that in 10 months, meaning $560 per month! I dont think I'll be doing the sums again. I'll be getting DX07, DX10, DX11, DX12, City Hunter Predator, Iron Man Mark VII, Kobe, Michael Jordan, SSC ESB Darth Vader, MP Soundwave, MP Sideswipe............. I need a second job!!! LOL!!

Holy crap!!! I just made the mistake of doing the sums of all my collecting so far, and it is damn scary! I only started collecting figures back in September 2011, so it's only been about 10 months of collecting. And here's my breakdown (rounded):

- Star Wars Vintage Collection: $1200
- Misc Star Wars (Force FX, Lego etc): $500
- Hot Toys and SSC: $2900
- NECA: $300
- Takara MP Transformers: $400
- Display cabinets: $300

Total: $5600

So all that in 10 months, meaning $560 per month! I dont think I'll be doing the sums again. I'll be getting DX07, DX10, DX11, DX12, City Hunter Predator, Iron Man Mark VII, Kobe, Michael Jordan, SSC ESB Darth Vader, MP Soundwave, MP Sideswipe............. I need a second job!!! LOL!!

Or better, u need to control yourselve.

lol that's not much $.

Not much in 10 months? You must have a bigger budget than me!!!

Regarding moderation, it certainly is taking a lot of will power to stop ordering figures left right and centre!!!

Figures I've wanted but passed on to help keep money in balance:

- T-1000
- Iron Man Mark IV and Mark VI ($400+ each now?!?!?!) and the Gantry
- DX01 and DX02 ($600+ each now?!?!?!)
- All the Avengers related figures
- MP-08 Grimlock
- MP-09 Rodimus
- SSC clones and variants
- SSC Dewback and sandtroopers

Man, if I went out of control and ordered all of those, I'd be hunted down by debt collectors!!! :)

I've been collecting since 1990, 22 years. I did the math (roughly) and I'm around $80,000.

If you keep going at the current monthly rate, I'd say you will hit about $148,000 in 22 years.

heh i started collecting hot Toys in April/may and already have 30 :)

Not much in 10 months? You must have a bigger budget than me!!!

Regarding moderation, it certainly is taking a lot of will power to stop ordering figures left right and centre!!!

Figures I've wanted but passed on to help keep money in balance:

- T-1000
- Iron Man Mark IV and Mark VI ($400+ each now?!?!?!) and the Gantry
- DX01 and DX02 ($600+ each now?!?!?!)
- All the Avengers related figures
- MP-08 Grimlock
- MP-09 Rodimus
- SSC clones and variants
- SSC Dewback and sandtroopers

Man, if I went out of control and ordered all of those, I'd be hunted down by debt collectors!!! :)

I've been collecting since 1990, 22 years. I did the math (roughly) and I'm around $80,000.

If you keep going at the current monthly rate, I'd say you will hit about $148,000 in 22 years.

Dont tell me that!?!?!? $148K into the mortgage, or $148K into figures.......decisions, decisions :)

I've been collecting for about 10 months and I've spent, in dollars, approx: 12,000 and it will probably be another 10 grand the next following 10 months with so much good stuff coming from Hot Toys and Sideshow later this year and the beginning of next year. I currently have around 45 figures. Lots more will be dropping in soon...

I've been collecting for about 10 months and I've spent, in dollars , approx: 12,000 and it will probably be another 10 grand the next following 10 months with so much good stuff coming from Hot Toys and Sideshow later this year and next year.

Holy cow, my sub-$6000 total in 10 months appears to be small pickings compared to all you other folk!!! :)

If I spent that much, I think my wife would kill me :) She only just tolerates it now! LOL.

Holy cow, my sub-$6000 total in 10 months appears to be small pickings compared to all you other folk!!! :)

If I spent that much, I think my wife would kill me :) She only just tolerates it now! LOL.

Didn't you know, we are already dead? Our girlfriends/wives killed us a long time ago. :lol

30 since April 2012?!?!?!? HOLY ____!!!!! Can you maintain that rate :)

lol maybe but it is all in pre order sadly. my wallet wants to buy but all ht aren't coming out until end of the year.
i can't wait for the samuraired and iron monger.

I bought The Joker DX01 years back, but didn't start collecting HT figures until I bought Superman in December.

(Not including SS SW figures. I have a tonne of those and will always buy them. I do have the Dewback and most of the environments.)

I now have:
Joker DX01
Superman
Indiana Jones
Batman 89
Joker 89
Babydoll
Resident Evil Alice
Iron Man Mark VI LE
Spiderman (Black Costume.)

Also: Enterbay MiB.

I've pre-ordered:

The Red Skull
Iron Man Mark 1.2
Captain America (Avengers)
Thor (Avengers)
Black Widow (Avengers)
Loki
T-800
Joker 2.0
Luke DX
Angelica
Waitlisted: Nick Fury

Also: Big Chief's The 11th Doctor and Amy Pond.

I will preorder: The new Batman, Bat pod, Selina Kyle, and trenchcoat Commisoner Gordon, Hulk, (MAYBE Coulson.)

BUT once the Avengers and Batman are done early 2013, I'm going to cut way back. I don't want to ever have a situation where I have more of these than I can comfortably display. I don't need multiples of the Avengers or Batman, and the only franchise I could see myself devouring again like I did those two would be Prometheus. Otherwise, I'll just buy the occasional one-off.

Last edited:
Back