I've seen The Incredible Hulk Thread... *Spoilers*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: I've seen The Incredible Hulk Thread... *Spoiler Free until USA Release Date!*

If you look at the original Hulk origins it was more influenced by the Ultimates version than anything else but overall I thought it was done fantastically. I'm interested in finding out just what Ed would have done with it if allowed.

Re: I've seen The Incredible Hulk Thread... *Spoiler Free until USA Release Date!*

Saw it.

Thought it was another great step for Marvel Studios.

Finally the comics are being presented in their true state on the screen-- this bodes well for future releases.

For those who are anxious for the 3 hour DVD release with inserted footage I hate to be the bad guy but the director already said in an interview that THIS is the movie and any DVD will have all of the extra footage but there won't be a "director's cut" with scenes edited in. We'll maybe be able to see the Captain America scene etc. on the dvd but they'll be in an extras section.

If you look at the original Hulk origins it was more influenced by the Ultimates version than anything else but overall I thought it was done fantastically. I'm interested in finding out just what Ed would have done with it if allowed.

Indeed the origins were played with (which will work GREAT with the new Cap movie) - but the HULK's personality was will very main universe. The Ultimate HULK was nothing but raw base emotions - Rage, Hunger, and Sex. If Ultimate Hulk was dropped in the middle of New York - the story would have been considerably more interesting. Banner in the Ultimates is also considerably weaker willed toward jealousy and a need to be important -- the character flaws make him a more interesting character (as Stark's flaws make Iron Man)

--- but dont get me wrong, I CANT WAIT to see HULK in Avengers! :banana

The original DVD Release of The Incredible Hulk will definitely follow the director's wishes but I could easily see in this era of Blu-Ray and multiple edits an Edward Norton cut released as a Special Edition. Remember if Ed is pissed off then he just might cut off his nose to spite his face and pull out of his contracted 3 picture deal. After the reception this film is getting and having a positively loved Hulk on their hands I know they'll do what is needed to keep their star happy. I would not be surprised if they release 2 version especially considering how it'll double their DVD sales.

Saw it.

Thought it was another great step for Marvel Studios.

Finally the comics are being presented in their true state on the screen-- this bodes well for future releases.

For those who are anxious for the 3 hour DVD release with inserted footage I hate to be the bad guy but the director already said in an interview that THIS is the movie and any DVD will have all of the extra footage but there won't be a "director's cut" with scenes edited in. We'll maybe be able to see the Captain America scene etc. on the dvd but they'll be in an extras section.

Yep, I mentioned that in the previous Hulk movie thread last week as well.

Let's face it, most film analysts thought Marvel and Universal were nuts to go back to the drawing board for Friday's No. 1 The Incredible Hulk after the 2003 Ang Lee/Eric Bana version was beaten up so badly both by critics and the box office. "When Marvel and Universal announced they were making a Hulk film again, there were big whoops this would be the first flop of the summer," a studio insider recalled to me. "But now something good is going to happen." That's because this time around Marvel Studios self-financed its PG-13 comic book caper and stayed within a budget of around $160 million. Then the studio kept a tight rein on both director Louis Leterrier and star Edward Norton, who rewrote the script, then fought Marvel's deep cuts to the final pic that nevertheless were well reviewed (67% positive). So it's miraculous that The Incredible Hulk, which opened Friday in 3,505 theaters, made $21 million and should result in a $54.7 million weekend. Especially since its two studios were only expecting a $45M FSS. True, that's less than the $62.1M debut of the first Hulk. But that disappointing film experienced a huge drop-off, so what was anticipated to be a smash hit made only $132M in domestic gross. Whereas even with the baggage from the previous version, this new The Incredible Hulk benefitted from slicker marketing and plotting as well as a lot of goodwill from Marvel's blockbuster Iron Man. Not to mention that Robert Downey Jr cameo.

Looks like another hit for Marvel Studios.

just saw it this afternoon and i still can't quit grinning when i think about it...

the scene in the hotel with the purple track parts had me rolling :rotfl

Another easter egg...anyone notice when they were pulling the military's serum (for Blonsky) out of cryogenic freezing that the canister said "WEAPON PLUS"?

For those who don't know, the Weapon Plus program is essentially the entire super soldier project that has been running since its inception with Captain America (and continued after he was lost and frozen in ice). Each Weapon Plus 'number' had multiple test subjects with typically one success story.

Weapon I: Captain America (Project: Rebirth)
Weapon VII: Nuke
Weapon X: Wolverine
Weapon XIII: Fantomex
Weapon XIV: Stepford Cuckoos

I was very pleased with the way this turned out one kick arrrrrrrrrse film!!!!
So now we have 2 villians so far for the avengers right? Mandarin and the leader wonder if the rhino will be in there?

here are some profiles to give us some ideas as to what possibly we may expect with the avengers, happy reading

https://www.marvel.com/universe/Mandarin

https://www.marvel.com/universe/Leader

What a great film this was, what I liked is how well they captured how Bruce felt. The loneliness and despair he felt. Would like to know what Ed wanted different.

Anyone else read this from AICN?

Couple this with the HULK/Norton thing and it's pretty clear that Marvel's David Maisel is a petty, dumb corporate tool and unless someone sticks a boot in his ass quick he might kill the Marvel movie momentum just when it's gotten started:

Hey folks, Harry here... IESB.net broke a story about how they're hearing that the reason Jon Favreau isn't secured to direct IRON MAN 2 is that Marvel Studios Head Honcho - David Maisel is skimping and being cheap regards to making Jon Favreau's deal.

I wish I could come on here and say I know otherwise, but sadly I know otherwise. There is a very very strong chance that unless David Maisel pulls his head out of his ass and work on this deal - you'll see Jon Favreau directing anything but an IRON MAN 2 or an AVENGERS movie.

While the details of Favreau's deal on the first IRON MAN are not public knowledge - he was paid an upfront fee - with real backend participation. Given the success that is clearly happening with IRON MAN - this deal is going to reward MARVEL STUDIOS greatly.

That said - MARVEL should look back at their own Comic History - their history of ^^^^ing over the talent and artists that created much of their library often resulted in those artist leaving the company... creating incredibly profitable characters for other companies and for themselves - resulting in lost revenue for MARVEL that had they treated their artists fairly and justly - rewarding those that brought in the rewards for the company... well, maybe Marvel's comic branch wouldn't have been through such a grotesque roller coaster ride.

Jon Favreau wants to do more IRON MAN movies. He would love to play in the Marvel Universe. Sadly... David Maisel is penny pinching his own company into a malignant purplenurple.

MARVEL STUDIOS has - officially two movies under their belt. IRON MAN & THE INCREDIBLE HULK. Both of which are outstanding films that do a better job of exploiting their characters than anything the Studio system has done so far. However - MARVEL INVESTORS - watch carefully what happens here. If you see MARVEL unwilling to do what is necessary to keep the talent in play - then forget about MARVEL STUDIOS becoming the Pixar of Superhero films.

PIXAR is the model of how to do this. They not only developed internal talent, but hired great talent from other companies - and they're doing everything in their power to keep those incredibly talented and creative people happily working in house.

Running a studio and creating franchises is all about Talent management - and if MARVEL doesn't step up and do the right thing - then all our dreams about a great MARVEL UNIVERSE will begin to wash away.

When I brought this up with Kevin Feige at the Austin screening of THE INCREDIBLE HULK - he said they would be working with Favreau - but that isn't what I've heard from other sources - and it isn't what IESB is hearing either.

The dream of MARVEL STUDIOS is that we don't see stupid decisions like what we saw happen with Fox on X-MEN - where they resort to bringing in "talent" to take over and destroy the work that was already in play.

MARVEL has the opportunity to create franchises that last - not for a few years, but for decades. But they have to make the right decisions and be willing to work with the artists that will grow and evolve the properties into franchises that are worth existing. When an artists' run grows stale, that's when you change horses - not after the first win.

Re: I've seen The Incredible Hulk Thread... *Spoiler *

I enjoyed it, but would have liked to have seen Norton's draft. I didn't like it near as much as Iron Man but this Hulk was more of a comic book movie than Ang Lee's. There were a lot of things I missed from that film though. I liked the origin more in that film, I thought the nanomeds were a great idea for how he can increase and decrease mass so fast. I also missed Jennifer Connelly. Liv is pretty, but Connelly is not only better looking, but a better actor.

Blonsky was a good character, but I didn't really get his motivation. We needed another beat or something about him to understand why he craved power so much.

Ross was much more one-dimensional here than in the first film. Sam Elliot cared about his daughter. William Hurt does not. And that's not Hurt's fault - it's the script and the director.

The last scene definitely should have been post credits as it obviously was intended. The tone completely undermined what should have been the final shot of the film.

It will be very disappointing if Norton doesn't return as Banner for sequels/Avengers. His portrayal is great and brings a gravitas to the role. And it's a much better character than Bana played.

This was very much a comic book film, it didn't try to broaden the scope of the character as past movie adaptations have done, such as HULK. But that's okay. I'm very glad that they didn't go with an Ultimate Hulk - I think the strength of the movies is that Betty can see Banner within Hulk and that wouldn't have been true with the Ultimate version. If Banner was the jerk of the comic then he wouldn't be able to carry a movie - the audience wouldn't care enough about him.

Just got back from seeing the movie and i love it for Me it was better then the first one, took a pic on my phone of hulk and my brother:banana

Thought it was a decent flick.Lots of nice easter eggs. Though Hulk seemed a bit weak.

I think Ang Lee's was a better film overall.

Iron Man was far better. Stark showing up at the end added points.

Thought it was a decent flick.Lots of nice easter eggs. Though Hulk seemed a bit weak.

I think Ang Lee's was a better film overall.

Iron Man was far better. Stark showing up at the end added points.

I don't think Ang Lee's was a better Hulk movie. Although Hulk did seem underpowered. Where was the leaping for miles that was so cool in the first? He had to parkour up the building?

I don't think Ang Lee's was a better Hulk movie. Although Hulk did seem underpowered. Where was the leaping for miles that was so cool in the first? He had to parkour up the building?

Yeah, I'm with you there. The scenes in HULK were he is leaping through the desert were beautiful and really cool at the same time. It showed how Hulk can be such a destructive force yet move so elegantly through the air.

I loved this Hulk film. Hulk seemed meaner but also showed real emotion in his expressions. I loved that the Hulk spoke, though not much, giving his famous HULK SMASH. The Hulk seemed smaller, but in actuality he was closer to the current size of the character in the comics. The action was great, the battle with Abomination was everything I wish Superman could have if he ever fights Doomsday in films.

I did not mind that the Hulk was not as strong in this film as the first one. Eric Bana's Hulk would probably beat this one but that added to the attraction of the character, I think.

In comparison to Iron Man, the story was better for Iron Man but the action in Hulk beats Iron Man IMHO. The battles in Hulk were, like the Hulk, Incredible. Looks like Marvel Studios is 2 for 2 this summer. :banana

I was wondering too why Hulk was underpowered but I just figured they are saving the meaner, madder, more powerful Hulk for I Hulk 2 or Avengers. I see I Hulk 2 as having Hulk get really mad, then grow up twice as big and start tearing down buildings.

Back