I've never watched Star Wars. Make me do it!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seth Gecko said:
Also I like how a few people are saying when they grew up watching the OT but were barley a teenager when ep1 came out:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Try being 23 when ep1 came out or older THAT was growing up with the OT.

Haha! Yeah, honestly! If anything that just supports how good the originals are...because I would still stand by saying I grew up on them. different though it may have been for me...I was obsessesed
Trev

Seth Gecko said:
Also I like how a few people are saying when they grew up watching the OT but were barley a teenager when ep1 came out:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Try being 23 when ep1 came out or older THAT was growing up with the OT.

For me it wasn't ALL about being a kid growing up with them.(although i'm sure that helped)Because i also like the PT.I know kids today that see the same magic in the PT that i felt when i grew up with the OT.(and a lot of us so called SW fans forget that...but ya know what i bet lucas didn't!!)

I was 7 when "Star Wars" (Not ANH) came out so I did grow up with the trilogy and I do have to say that growing up with it is a HUGE reason why I love them so much. I bought, and played with, all the toys. I waited anxiously for Empire and I remember being in a packed theater and almost passing out cause it was so hot on opening day for Jedi.

I do like the PT (Although Phantom Menace is trash, I think Sith is very good) but they can't bring the same feelings or "magic" that the OT did. With the total bombardment of stuff for kids to do and experience today they have attention spans of 15 minutes and movies just don't seem to create that much of a lasting appeal to them anymore, once the next big movie comes along the last one is out of their memory.

Well , I'm 30, pretty much seen all of the Star wars movies in theatre.The thing is when you grow up with something,the memories never leave you...Me and my cousins were playing with all our new Star wars toys every christmas and those were great times.That Nostalgic feeling is what makes us collectors.

madden821 said:
With the total bombardment of stuff for kids to do and experience today they have attention spans of 15 minutes and movies just don't seem to create that much of a lasting appeal to them anymore, once the next big movie comes along the last one is out of their memory.

This is true.(and sad)But there are still a few kids left that it effects

Since you already saw Episodes 1 and 2, I say watch 3, then 4,5,and 6. May be cool to see them for the first time "in order".

Yeah, if you watch all of them straight through I think it will give you a even cooler appreciate for SW. It does for me to see everything tied together. I love both trilogies but I do prefer the SE OT to the unaltered versions just because everything is tied in together.

Buttmunch said:
Ok, here is a reason to watch at least Empire and Jedi: I believe Jim Henson created the puppet for Yoda. Plus Frank Oz voiced him. As a Labrynith (sp?) fan you can at least watch them to view some of Jim's other work. How as that? :D

But of course you'd have to see them all for these two films to make sense.

Stuart Freeborn, the Make Up & Special Creatures Designer on TESB created the Yoda puppet. What's more, he used his own face as a character base :)

Going to the original post though, you have experienced something the rest of us haven't: You've only seen two of the films, and you've done so in the proper chronology. That means some of the secrets and twists we all saw in the OT as kids are parts of a story you don't know. That means watching ROTS, ANH, TESB, and ROTJ would be different for you than it was for most people alive on this planet.

That should be reason enough for you to watch them all. I suggest you make it a goal to watch the last four in order (III, IV, V, VI). Despite what anyone else might say, having not seen the OT, you'll really not know the difference and when all is said and done both the OT and the SE tell the exact same story regardless of who shot first. And in the case of ROTJ you get a much better ending to a six part saga.

Booyah! said:
Lucas finally gave you "purists" your original crappy versions on DVD. Now let 'em rest in peace.

Viva the updates!

You got that wrong. Lucas gave us creppy versions of the Orginal on DVD. All he did was dub the old VHS/Laserdisc versions onto a DVD. All we ask for is the true original widescreen versions is that to much?

mfoga said:
You got that wrong. Lucas gave us creppy versions of the Orginal on DVD. All he did was dub the old VHS/Laserdisc versions onto a DVD. All we ask for is the true original widescreen versions is that to much?

Uh, isn't that what you got? Ferchrisakes, it doesn't even say 'Episode IV: A New Hope" on Star Wars. What more could you want?

Animorphic presentation? Didn't exist in 1977.

5 point digital suround? Didn't exist in 1977.

What you there is a remastered version of the original films. There is nothing they could have doen to imporve it.

Animorphic presentation? Didn't exist in 1977.

Yes it did Both CinemaScope and Panavision are both Anamorphic a were around in the mid 1950s. Star Wars an Empire Strikes Back with both shot in Panavision for sure so they could have done it.

5 point digital suround? Didn't exist in 1977.

Thats fine I can deal with that

Back