I've had to cancel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get it.
Elwood sold some high ticket items to afford some other high ticket items. He is in the wrong.
jlcmsu, you sold your helms and Minas Morgul, so you could afford some other items.

Yet he is in the wrong?

You also said something about selling all your pieces at cost, yet I am sure you didnt put your Gondor helms BIN at $120, or you Minas Morgul BIN at $90.

One last point, where is the rule stated that you must offer to board members and that makes you a better person than if you eBay them straight away?

If I even come to selling I'll put them straight to eBay to get the best price possible. I am a scalper for this?

You are an unintelligent person, in my opinion ofcourse.

You also said something about selling all your pieces at cost, yet I am sure you didnt put your Gondor helms BIN at $120, or you Minas Morgul BIN at $90.

I had them on the board for a week with a note to send me offers. I got no reply for several of these items so I stuck them on ebay and let it ride. I didn't say I had a problem with selling above the value but the way the post (the part he deleted) came across was that of a different mind sort. If you sell on ebay and you get more than its worth no problem at all, but don't brag about it on a board where maybe someone was looking for that item.

One last point, where is the rule stated that you must offer to board members and that makes you a better person than if you eBay them straight away?

There is no rule that states you have to do this. Its just being kind to board members offering them a chance before going to ebay. Helping someone out the best you can is always the right thing to do. If you wanna go straight to ebay thats fine your right by all means, but I do think it makes you a better member if you are more willing to help other members out first. Why? Cause in the end you get helped by getting money you need but also it helps a member get something without having to compete with everyone on ebay.

If I even come to selling I'll put them straight to eBay to get the best price possible. I am a scalper for this?

No your not a scalper for doing this. However, I wouldn't expect another board member to help me out if they had something I wanted and they went straight to ebay with it.

You are an unintelligent person, in my opinion of course.

Thats your right.I'm sure you have a few others that feel that way but I don't lose any sleep over what a 15 year old kid or others on a message board think.

This is the one of the few topics that caused me to leave for a while long ago, stop me from posting and just lurked. This has always been a touchy issue and yes I have sold items for top dollar to get other things I cant straight out just afford. Once I had 4 cave trolls, and with that, I was able to afford most of my weta collection as a student/ full time employee and a new father. First off, Im not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone here, but I will mention my opinion, please everyone, notice I called it an opinion. I do not want to get slammed by anyone, Im not implying anyone specific but remember, these are all opinions. Elwood and Josh have good points, I for one am all for sell 1 to pay for the other cause man these things get expensive. I do admit I have loved some statues, items but I do change my mind a lot. New items come, statues in the current collection get boring, so we find new interests. SOme of the fellas and Bob always say I can never make up my mind as soon as new preorders come up. :lol Some members here know when I can afford to give a deal, hey Im all for it. But in cases like now, I just ordered the Alien Queen 1/4 from Bob, and ordered the Predator and Dr Doom 1/4 fig. I had to sell a few things at top dollar and its what I have to do to get them. I myself am a 23 year old Nursing Student and a 18 month old son named Dominic, selling on ebay is a must for me at times Anyways, basic point, I still consider myself a very passionate collector regardless of the many sales I have made. Some peoples passions are stronger than others but hey, as I always said, " too each his own". I cancelled my KOTD but keeping my Mumakil, some may say thats a bad choice. Do I care? No, I know what I like and want.

Lastly speaking of school Elwood, I know you two are both in school and almost done or about done. I have tons of respect for the both of you. School is important but even I know it keeps us from working and buying more poly. We have a our priorities and I believe for one, we do what we have to do to make room for collectibles not easily obtained. Elwood, congrats on Law School and best of luck on the Exam! Josh, I know your done and almost a teacher. :toast

One last thing-

Thats your right.I'm sure you have a few others that feel that way but I don't lose any sleep over what a 15 year old kid or others on a message board think.

My point, encapsulated.
What the hell does, 'I'm sure you have a few others that feel that way' mean?

Jesse's right, I am not even my usual jokingly self right now, this topic really gets heated each time. Either way you look at it, some wont agree with you. Highelven is also cool as HELL in my book! Lets all :grouphug

Let me rephrase that, HIGHELVEN is a PIMP! He may be 15, but they guy knows what he likes and has a nice collection.

Come on guys this is not what we are about........

I agree. I have no problems with people selling on ebay and making top dollar.Never have had a problem with it never will.

I'm probably more in the wrong with my personal thoughts on this. So I'm a big boy and will admit when I'm probably being a tad harsh. So I apologize Elwood for busting your balls about this.:toast

I really don't get these arguements...I've amassed a pretty sizeable collection in the last 4 months and have paid well over retail for about 90% of it. - almost all from EBAY. That's what I get for starting late. I would never expect anyone here to do me a favor by lowballing some figure - it's $ out of their pocket, plain and simple....There are statues I still want (mainly the early orc/Uruk hai) and I haven't decided whether I want to spend that much $ or not...If I do I'll pay market value, whatever that happens to be. We're all here because we enjoy the hobby, whether we lose or make $ is irrellevent.

261.gif

i guess i should have finished reading through before posting, but my annoyance meter went off the scale immediatley...

i see Josh did his usual kiss ass aoplogy and everything is hunky-dory now...

How did this happen. Just making a point that SS are producing some awesome stuff which has resulted in me cancelling a few LoTR items i can live without.

re

If you wanna go straight to ebay thats fine your right by all means, but I do think it makes you a better member if you are more willing to help other members out first.

Better member? Half of the members here have never met anyone from this place...so apart from posting and the having the odd one-to-one chat with someone, how many of us can honestly say we know people here?

Surely a 'better' member is one who makes a contribution as an Ez supporter and buys through Dave's links. :lol

Re: re

Jesus christ, this is the only time I've got really angry while reading a thread. Josh, leave Elwood and any other member and their collections alone!! They do not concern you. A couple of times in this thread you have turned to basically insulting people. Now I see why you were banned from LOTRGuide. How cheeky of you to say a trip across europe could have bought a couple of statues! Some people want to see the world Josh, not just sit on their computers and buy statues. The guy has debts, but he orders items because he LOVES them, irrespective on whether he can afford them, but if something comes out that he loves more, he sells one item to get another! There is absolutely nothing wrong with that!
Also who cares whether people sell here or on ebay first? Buyers are buyers, collectors are collectors, irrespective on whether they're a SSF board member or an ebay buyer. Stop being judge and jury of this website so much!
Here we go, expect the mass quotations!

Oh, and I think Danny :rock 's too

Back