Its Up!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vonhahn said:
Now that...that looks horrible.

you've got to be kidding. :confused:

it's a photo shopped rendering of what the sculpt on the left would look like as aragorn.

the unaltered sculpt is the definate viggo mortensen head.

captain sack said:
you've got to be kidding. :confused:

it's a photo shopped rendering of what the sculpt on the left would look like as aragorn.

the unaltered sculpt is the definate viggo mortensen head.

That looks awfull! google

In my opinion, the likeness is very poor. The Eyes are too close together and there is too much asymmetry in the face.
I agree, The Hot Toys Viggo as he appeared in GI Jane is much more accurate, even though Hot Toys gave it a really bad paint job. It's the most accurate head sculpt of Viggo ever done, even better then the NECA 18" Aragorn. It may not look like it from that picture posted, but it does look so much better in person.
I really hope Sideshow goes back and rework the head sculpt before it's released. Otherwise I'm going to have to find a resculpt and recasting of the Hot Toys Version as Aragorn.
But what little I see of the costume looks great!

I think the likeness is fairlly good, but not as good as the NECA 1/4. But that was 1/4 so the likeness should be better. I bet the exclusive will be the arm guards from Boromir. Well, maybe not. I guess Boromir could have them then? The torch or the necklace from Arwen?

Very poor likeness, I'm afraid. The eyes are too close-set and are upturned at the outside corners, evoking perhaps Ron Perlman without his Hellboy makeup. Viggo's likeness has eluded many sculptors, but the eye distance here (what the optician calls the Pupil Distance when sizing glasses) seems to have been measured wrong. I'm surprised by this.

The only Aragorn sculpt I've seen that I thought truly worked was the 9" vinyl statue released by Applause. I think it was sculpted by Pigott Studios, with an assist from Gentle Giant's laser scan technology. I have one, but no good photo to post. Their Gandalf the Grey was a remarkable likeness also.

Looks like Ed Harris as Aragorn... ;)

Well, no dolls for me anyway. I'm a statue collector, no Ken allowed. ;)

ohhhhhhhhhhh man...............the clothing looks weathered!!!!

2006_lotrhome_02.jpg

I'm excited about this figure & will DEFINITELY get him!

It might be slightly off, but its funny how much bitching
many collectors have done in 1 or 2 years. People, this
figure is LIGHTYEARS ahead of what we were offered just
a short time ago! Are you kiddin me?

Maybe Toy Biz & Hasbro should get their licenses back!
(Then you'd REALLY have something to complain about!)

OH! & that Hot Toys unpainted sculpt is ... NICE!!!

*ss*

Wow!! I for one am Disgusted.....Does someone there actually think this looks anything like Viggo as Strider.....Give me a break. Who gave this the green light? I mean come one....who is this that it is defenitely not Viggo....if they are going for the "Its supposed to be the spirit of the character" great job!! if this i ssupposed to resemble Viggo in any way shape or form.....well lets just say......noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooootttttt!!!!!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

p.s. I have colelcted the toybiz line, the neca line, the applause line and all of sideshows offerings in the LOTR line....there is not one great Viggo likeness in the bunch....The costume is INCREDIBLE...Please SIDESHOW get the face right on the Premium format at least. Give the guy something he can actually say looks like him.....

Vizcad said:
p.s. I have colelcted the toybiz line, the neca line, the applause line and all of sideshows offerings in the LOTR line....there is not one great Viggo likeness in the bunch....The costume is INCREDIBLE...Please SIDESHOW get the face right on the Premium format at least. Give the guy something he can actually say looks like him.....

I have all of that stuff too....Notice the throughline? NO ONE CAN MAKE THIS GUYS FACE!!!
So, who cares? The closest was the NECA 18"er in my opinion. But it doesn't really matter.
The costume look great....weathering and all....I think it will be most impressive for a 12" figure...when we finally see it!

captain sack said:
you're honestly saying you can't see the viggo mortensen likeness?

here it is with the paint stripped.

Not really to me, but I'll give it this it does look better unpainted!

I hope we will see some tweaks to the sculpt before it is released.

it's fantastic!!

The likeness is spot on, and from what I can see of his costume we're in for a real treat. Way to go SSC

Re: it's fantastic!!

Hardcase01 said:
The likeness is spot on, and from what I can see of his costume we're in for a real treat. Way to go SSC

how can it be "spot on" when it does not have the cleft in the chin?

Last edited:
Sir Tristram said:
I have all of that stuff too....Notice the throughline? NO ONE CAN MAKE THIS GUYS FACE!!!
So, who cares?

i do.

the 11 inch rotocast figure has a better likeness.

None of them are quite right though. This has constantly been the case with Aragorn more than any of the other characters made into plastic or polystone.

Back