Its time for the next Joe!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't even like reading these posts... Joking or not.

I need Destro, Zartan, Baroness, Stalker, Roadblock and Scarlett AT THE VERY LEAST before I will allow this to happen! :lecture

I feel ya. Destro was the main figure I was looking forward to. This line had so many potential. If they can make a Yoda's hut then then could of made a fang or Sky Hawk. I guess we know how the LOTR fans feel like now. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

I feel ya. Destro was the main figure I was looking forward to. This line had so many potential. If they can make a Yoda's hut then then could of made a fang or Sky Hawk. I guess we know how the LOTR fans feel like now. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

Destro and Zartan are must haves for me. Those two along with the four individual characters we already have in hand are just about all of my favorites from childhood...

Along with about 25 others. :D

Who is this Matt guy?

The_Josh: Are you a fan of G.I. Joe? If so what's one character you'd like to sculpt from that line?

Matt Aylward: I am a fan of G.I. Joe. I would love to sculpt Snow Job because he comes with skis!

Well well well, I just got notice from my local reseller, seems FF is arriving in August. Good news for a change I guess.

But, I wish that a new JOE would be announced soon.

Please Sideshow, don't kill this line, it's the only reason I got into the 1/6th scale in the first place!

Doesnt look like the pace will be picking up, there is a nice interview on RS with SS

Maybe when Im 50 I can finally get that Alpine figure I wanted....

Please Sideshow, don't kill this line, it's the only reason I got into the 1/6th scale in the first place!

Pardon me for barging in. I'm brand new to this forum, and this is exactly how I feel. I got into 1/6 figures because of Sideshow's G.I. Joe figures. I got the exclusive Duke figure, and I'm really looking forward to Flint and Beach-Head. I know there's a lot of interest in Cobra figures, but I'd also really like to see Hawk, Stalker, Roadblock, and Falcon.

I find myself augmenting this line with figures made by other companies, like Hot Toys or Toy City, and then just giving them "real-world" equipment that I think the Joes should have... I'm working on Chuckles and Low-Light with this method. It would be much easier if Sideshow would just make Chuckles and Low-Light.

Doesnt look like the pace will be picking up, there is a nice interview on RS with SS

Maybe when Im 50 I can finally get that Alpine figure I wanted....

post link please? :) we all want to know how slow its gonna be

CTR: Is there any truth to the rumours that the 12” lines are being phased out?

BO: I can say right now that as long as we can be, we will be in the 12” Star Wars business. We’re very happy with the way G.I. Joe has done. Where it makes sense we will keep making 12” figures. With Buffy, we’re more focused on the statues, but maybe in a few years we’ll approach Buffy again [in the 12” format] if there is a strong enough demand for it. For some of the properties that we’re not doing 12” figures for, partners like Hot Toys and Go Hero are doing great 12” product, so there’s plenty out there for the customers. For our focus, I think we’re hitting it at the right places.

We have forty plus active licenses, from the small to the big, and its really difficult to do, say, Jaws 12” figures. Though it would be so awesome!

CTR: Sideshow Collectibles is the first company outside of Hasbro to produce articulated G.I. Joe action figures in North America, and over the past year your collection has rivaled the Hasbro line as the quintessential Joe line. What plans do you have for this line in the next year?

BO: First off, I appreciate that comment, but personally I think the quintessential G.I. Joe collection is the Hasbro line, and that is the official response from Sideshow Collectibles. (Sideways happy face) It has been great to see that the fan reaction has been as positive as it has been to our line. In terms of what is happening with G.I. Joe, I think the pace we are going at right now may frustrate some collectors because we haven’t hit on whatever character they want, but I defer to our Star Wars line where we got to Darth Vader and we’re eventually going to get to Boba Fett. We are going to get to Destro, we’re going to get to Zartan. We are actively working on them.

CTR: Haven’t we seen the first teaser picture of Zartan already?

BO: That’s not a 12” figure. We are actively working on the characters that everybody wants but it takes time to find what works best for the characters with what we have currently, so if we don’t have an appropriate body for a character, like the Baroness, we sure the hell better be working on it and we are. We are going to address all the fan favourites and we promise not to take as long as we did to make the Vader when we get to Destro and Zartan. It’s our obligation to do them. We’ve seen dioramas so far and we’ll see more dioramas. We’ll see some statuary, Premium Format Figures, and what ever else the fans ask for. A good prototype would be what we’ve done with Star Wars overall. I don’t think you’ll see any G.I. Joe bronze, but the other major categories we’ve developed with Star Wars is how we’re addressing G.I. Joe, but in a smaller scale that will be acceptable to fans. Will there be busts in the future? There possibly could be but we haven’t actually designed any thing like that.

So Destro should be released by 2012 then. Hey better than NEVER!!!! Hey Sideshow if the parts you need for the GI Joe figures are costly and you want them to rival Hot TOys go head and raised the price. Destro and Zartan and another Snake Eyes figures are must have.

CTR: Is there any truth to the rumours that the 12” lines are being phased out?

BO: I can say right now that as long as we can be, we will be in the 12” Star Wars business. We’re very happy with the way G.I. Joe has done. Where it makes sense we will keep making 12” figures. With Buffy, we’re more focused on the statues, but maybe in a few years we’ll approach Buffy again [in the 12” format] if there is a strong enough demand for it. For some of the properties that we’re not doing 12” figures for, partners like Hot Toys and Go Hero are doing great 12” product, so there’s plenty out there for the customers. For our focus, I think we’re hitting it at the right places.

We have forty plus active licenses, from the small to the big, and its really difficult to do, say, Jaws 12” figures. Though it would be so awesome!

CTR: Sideshow Collectibles is the first company outside of Hasbro to produce articulated G.I. Joe action figures in North America, and over the past year your collection has rivaled the Hasbro line as the quintessential Joe line. What plans do you have for this line in the next year?

BO: First off, I appreciate that comment, but personally I think the quintessential G.I. Joe collection is the Hasbro line, and that is the official response from Sideshow Collectibles. (Sideways happy face) It has been great to see that the fan reaction has been as positive as it has been to our line. In terms of what is happening with G.I. Joe, I think the pace we are going at right now may frustrate some collectors because we haven’t hit on whatever character they want, but I defer to our Star Wars line where we got to Darth Vader and we’re eventually going to get to Boba Fett. We are going to get to Destro, we’re going to get to Zartan. We are actively working on them.

CTR: Haven’t we seen the first teaser picture of Zartan already?

BO: That’s not a 12” figure. We are actively working on the characters that everybody wants but it takes time to find what works best for the characters with what we have currently, so if we don’t have an appropriate body for a character, like the Baroness, we sure the hell better be working on it and we are. We are going to address all the fan favourites and we promise not to take as long as we did to make the Vader when we get to Destro and Zartan. It’s our obligation to do them. We’ve seen dioramas so far and we’ll see more dioramas. We’ll see some statuary, Premium Format Figures, and what ever else the fans ask for. A good prototype would be what we’ve done with Star Wars overall. I don’t think you’ll see any G.I. Joe bronze, but the other major categories we’ve developed with Star Wars is how we’re addressing G.I. Joe, but in a smaller scale that will be acceptable to fans. Will there be busts in the future? There possibly could be but we haven’t actually designed any thing like that.

What? So all this time that I thought that zartan Sneak Peek was a 12" figure...I was wrong? And there is no 12" Zartan currently in developement? Do I have this right?

Back