Its time for the next Joe!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This reminds me of the chicken littling that accompanied the Star Wars line when we didn't get Vader for 5 years, when the prices rose and edition sizes fell, and everyone was sure that we'd never see armor, or aliens that didn't fit on a Buck.

Sideshow can bite me for snubbing us at the con, but this line doesn't even smell sick, nevermind dead. It's going to take more than dioramas and a lazy release schedule to take it down.

end1.jpg

A little more appropriate. :lol
page-10426.jpg

Yeah Teemu, to put off this line is a slap to the face of Gi Joe's fans. We didnt even get Destro or more major characters. We mostly got from this line is made up characters, ninjas, snipers, a officer with a red bandana. Nobody cares about them. We want Destro, Snow Job, Stalker. Heck I would of been happy with a new Snake Eyes figure.

well as fans we are hostage to sideshow/hot toys. we can want in one hand and poo in the other see what one gets filled first. i know it sounds lame and god knows i ve heard it a million times " vote with your dollars ".

That is super weak. I apologise then for snarking about it to Khev and Craw

So I may never see the Scarlett or Lady Jaye figures I would actually buy? And which would probably make me buy their boyfriends as companion pieces. :monkey2

You'll see Scarlett and Lady Jaye. I was joking about selling my collection. SSC doesn't cancel lines that sell. Joes sell.

We mostly got from this line is made up characters, ninjas, snipers, a officer with a red bandana. Nobody cares about them.

What are you talking about? The Cobra troopers were the most popular figures up until Duke shipped. The sniper sold out. The ninja has been universally lauded as an amazing figure.

What are you talking about? The Cobra troopers were the most popular figures up until Duke shipped. The sniper sold out. The ninja has been universally lauded as an amazing figure.

Well of course they sold because we didnt have a choice. If Sideshow released a Sniper and Destro at the same time. Who would of sell out? Destro. I meant the Cobra officer, not the trooper because he was part of the og toy line and cartoon. Heck, Sideshow could of dress Donald Duck in some military gear, called him Sgt. Duck Alert and people would say what a amazing figure. I wish Sideshow would just sell the line to either Enterbay or Hot Toys.

I wish Sideshow would just sell the line to either Enterbay or Hot Toys.

Enterbay? Really? They exhibit no ambition to go after a unique, non-Asian licence and really impress collectors worldwide.

There are licences with no obvious likeness rights issues (based on past non 1:6 figures) just crying for attention (which is why HT's new announcement disapointed me so much.

Kill Bill, Conan and Die Hard all come to mind.

Well of course they sold because we didnt have a choice. If Sideshow released a Sniper and Destro at the same time. Who would of sell out? Destro. I meant the Cobra officer, not the trooper because he was part of the og toy line and cartoon. Heck, Sideshow could of dress Donald Duck in some military gear, called him Sgt. Duck Alert and people would say what a amazing figure. I wish Sideshow would just sell the line to either Enterbay or Hot Toys.

Both! The only reason the Cobra Trooper sold out is because he's a Cobra Trooper and did so on his own merits. Comparing him to Destro is irrelevant. IMO, and likely the majority, he's just as essential to the Cobra line-up as Destro or even CC himself. As for Enterbay or HotToys, you can take that idea and flush it. HotToys and their ADD would be done with the line already, and wouldn't have the customer base Sideshow does, with HT charging $160+ a figure. As for Enterbay... :lol Despite that company being entirely overrated (HT kicked their ass all over 1:6ville with the Godfather and at nearly half the price) I consider myself among the more hardcore fans and I definitely wouldn't be a completist at $300 a pop if even collecting it at all. Enterbay's quality to pricetag ratio is comparable to Medicom's.

I think you need to go take a time out in the Star Wars section.
The only reason the Cobra Trooper sold out is because he's a Cobra Trooper and did so on his own merits.

Not a Star Wars fan. :dunno:dunno
I didnt compare the trooper to Destro. I have the trooper figure myself. Sideshow should of put out Duke, Flint, Firefly instead of the Officer, and the sniper and the crimson cobra commander. Does anybody agree or you just happy with anything Sideshow makes relating to GI Joe?

So glad I gave all my figures to my 5 year old niece for her birthday last week. They were starting to look old and crappy anyway.

Thnx for dropping this kahkah line Sideshow.

I didnt compare the trooper to Destro. I have the trooper figure myself. Sideshow should of put out Duke, Flint, Firefly instead of the Officer, and the sniper and the crimson cobra commander. Does anybody agree or you just happy with anything Sideshow makes relating to GI Joe?

Nobody agrees. They did put out Duke, Flint, and Firefly. They also put out Snake Eyes, Beachhead, Storm Shadow and Cobra Commander.

But you're right. We'll never see Destro, Zartan, Baroness, Scarlett, Stalker, Roadblock, Scrap Iron, Major Bludd, Hawk, Snow Job, Snow Serpents, Eels, Crimson Guards, Vipers, Doc, Short Fuze, Flash, Breaker, Rock n Roll or anyone else. Ever.

It's over.

:panic:

:slap
We've already gotten Duke, Flint and Firefly are already in the pipe so why even bother mentioning them, and IMO, the Officer was just as detrimental. CCC was passed on by many here, and despite that, he sold out. The Sniper I felt was a welcome addition to the troops. We also have Beachhead coming to help flesh out the Joe line a bit more. Realistically, there are only a few legitimate complaints. The lag between releases, the failure in not having a new 12" figure for SDCC and the lopsidedness of the releases (aka we need more Joes).

Back