Its time for the next Joe!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It could be the dio delaying it, but I think having 4 figures plus the throne is a lot to have in the queue at once. Maybe SSC is purposely holding off on the announcement until some of those items clear.

Personally, it makes me uncomfortable to have too much in my queue at once, if they announced a figure now that I really wanted it could possibly lead me to cancel something else.

In general I agree that a slow release schedule hurts lines, but with 5 items (now down to 4 with the throne shipping) in the pipeline I don't think that can be considered slow. When we have only 2 or 3 items in the works then its time to start worrying.

I think it's maybe QC causing the back-up. The throne is out now, Duke should've already been out as well with Firefly ready to follow in early 2nd quarter and Flint by SDCC or latest August. But it's all backed up now. Reminds me of how closely together Snake Eyes and CC shipped. I would've at least expected another Trooper variant by now with how simple they are to bang out or at the very least, an SDCC Ex which is why I'm thinking development's focused on polystone ATM.

Why do you think we're not seeing more figures announced. Resources have likely been pushed to develop the next dio. Does that mean there won't be any more 12" Joes? No. It just means that resources are tied up in Dio development vs. focused full force on the 12" line. The LSBs and dios have slowed the pace of Star Wars announcements and any potential 12" development in the Indy line has been refocused entirely on polystone.

See, I'm not into the other lines so I didn't know about that.
Guess I'm not worried because all of the characters I really want have been confirmed.... except one.

IMO, this is bad business by SS

They should only put these up for pre order 6 months max before they ship. The time frame to cancel is just to large. Other things come up, habits change and with these big delays, leaves to much room for people to walk. A line think this doesnt get new collectors.

I am sticking with this line. In fact, I am selling older pieces so I can focus more on it. However, during the wait, I began doing some customizing and, while not as skilled as the artists on this board, I'm happy with the result and I don't know If I'll order SSC's version of those characters. Also, during the wait, my eye is starting to wander to other lines.

Didn't one of the recent Q&A said we would see a figure in preview in May? Then I would expect at least another 2 in July.

with poc previews comming soon for the G.I.JOE ROC sequal...we should see some product soon enough, im waiting patiently on this and i expect to see improvements made for fans new and old alike:D

with poc previews comming soon for the G.I.JOE ROC sequal...we should see some product soon enough, im waiting patiently on this and i expect to see improvements made for fans new and old alike:D

I doubt it. Sideshow's made it VERY clear that they don't want to associate the line with the "POC" film characters.

Me, too. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I am so ashamed. When I first watched GI Joe, I knew what to expect going in so I wasn't too offended. Then I watched it with my kids and its awfulness made me wince. As a veteran, I should have been embarrassed just by the military continuity goofs. So here I am standing before all of you and publicly admitting my folly. I was wrong and I shall not err again.:sick

ROTF bigest fails:
Spike had seizures.
Decepticon sluts.
Mom getting stoned set back the legalization movement another decade.
Megatron has a boss.
Prime die's and is resurrected...all in one movie.
80's animated movie puts it to shame.

ROC biggest fails:
Dukes in love with Baroness, and CC is her brother.
Zartan gets off on killing women.
Nanomites.
The Pitt is located in the middle of Egypt...where they primarily do submarine training....in the middle of Egypt.
Mars is an underwater base in the Arctic...the size of a city.
Snake Eyes is faster than the Accelerator Suits.
Zartan is President of the United States.
Invisible suits.
I'll take the 1987 G.I.JOE movie over this crap any day.

why you guys need to bring that trash in this thread? the mere mention of that crap should be off limits!

Back