It's time for a Battle Damaged Hicks from Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to attempt this custom one day... get a Spikey Hicks from Les, add the burns and such, get some BDU's and scorch em up... Would have been a fun one to tackle. :rock

I think I'd rather see other characters first like Gorman.

I BD Hicks would be interesting to see but really, what can they do to him? Acid burn on chest, re-paint head, head-set instead of helmet, a laptop PC for the remote sentrys?

I wasn't talking from a general market perspective. Hicks is the man, my second favorite character behind Ripley. But, when you ask general movie fans about the characters, you tend to get "and the marines were cool." Hicks, Hudson, Apone, et. al. tend to get lumped into the same group. So, I could see the marketing department rationalizing that another Hicks wasn't worth the trouble. I never meant to imply Hicks wasn't important to the story. The only person/people who though that were the producers of Alien3 - :monkey3

your awsome!:rock

They need to make a battle damaged hicks , they would make cash and we wouldn't have to spend as much on ebay etc.
Its a win , win situation right , its just that there retards and don't realize this!.
They bring out stupid things that we don't need look at it this way although it is a great figure why bring out a bd predator 2 when we can pick up the normal ones everywhere retail. If they brought out a battle damaged hicks , celtic pred , scar and a few others they would easily sell out faster than lemonade with a heat wave. :rotfl:rotfl
Its annoying to even think about as I'm planning on bidding on a hicks on ebay now !.

They need to make a battle damaged hicks , they would make cash and we wouldn't have to spend as much on ebay etc.
Its a win , win situation right , its just that there retards and don't realize this!.
They bring out stupid things that we don't need look at it this way although it is a great figure why bring out a bd predator 2 when we can pick up the normal ones everywhere retail. ebay now !.
All Hot Toys are sold out arent they? Not just Hicks. Even the Predator 2 is sold out and the BD version is almost. They basically need to re-release the whole Alien/Pred line. I guess they wont make more cos they know the importance of these babies being collectables and they dont wanna be sell-outs and just make a loads of cash - I actually respect that....kinda....I think.

All Hot Toys are sold out arent they? Not just Hicks. Even the Predator 2 is sold out and the BD version is almost. They basically need to re-release the whole Alien/Pred line. I guess they wont make more cos they know the importance of these babies being collectables and they dont wanna be sell-outs and just make a loads of cash - I actually respect that....kinda....I think.

****e.. theyre in it for the money like any other company/manufacturer is. im not saying thats bad.. its just what it is.

If that's the case then I'll guess we'll see re-releases at some stage...but having said that they've lost out on a load of cash with people buying the figs in the secondary market.

It is not unheard of for Hot Toys to re-release a popular figure. They did it with one of the USMC Snipers and they have released slightly updated versions of some of the other military and SWAT figures. Personally, I would really like to see Hicks re-released, either in a different version or the same as before. He is the only Aliens fig I'm missing that I really want (Vasquez is the other and I don't really care about that one). I really don't think that the prices or popularity of a figure on the secondary market really affects Hot Toys' decision making, other than to see what is selling. They don't see a dime of that $1000 that Hicks is going for on ebay.

Back