It's about time DC Direct starts producing some high end statues.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Superman is less successful than Batman, not a lot of people have him I think.

I'll try and take some closer pics, but I had this one already.

display.jpg

display.jpg

Damn, they look fantastic.

Questions:
Do they deserve the harsh criticism they receive?
Are they worth the purchase price?

I noticed the 1/4 Wonder Woman is coming this year so I'm guessing DC's going to stick with this line. Could turn out to be a cool collection.

Superman is a victim of bad paint. Looking at Oluf's original sculpt the figure itself has a pretty HS. These are not worth the cost IMHO but they are not bad....

I did.

Do you have any of the DCD pieces? The Superman vs. Wonder Woman is great, as are the other Vs. pieces, the Women of th DCU and the Batman B&W.

I have seen the DCD PFs of Batman and Superman at Forbidden Planet in London and I honestly thought they looked really bad (especially Superman) and way too overpriced. It's no where near what Sideshow would have done with them. Or so I believe anyway.

That is great.

I actually don't like the FS Lee... I think it lacks definition and detail. I love the art... hate the sculpt.

I picked this one up recently.

41D7oRXMimL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Personally, I'm blown away by it.

That is an awesome piece. And it really one of their true high end piece.

I think the Supes/Darkseid will be he next one ! That looks amazing in person ! I never thought I would buy a Supes statue, but after seeing this one at NYCC I had to order it.

yhst-88176438395239_2018_300182138

Who wouldn't buy a Premium Format Superman, or Premium Format Batman...? I would...

If they are made by DCD I wouldn't.

display.jpg

I Think the Batman one is passable. But overpriced.

I think the Superman one is more like superboy.

The very open neckline really messes it up and makes him look like a chicken neck.

He also is not near as bulked up as he should be IMHO and I don't think the Head sculpt is that good.

Yeah, but you start with one and that usually leads to more. :lol I would love to see Bowen do the the Trinity: Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.

And DCD did do a full-size Jim Lee Batman statue.

Yup...alll I need is the Trinity! Plus Green Lanter (Hal Jordan). I guess while they are at it they might as well do the other three human GLs. Oh, and a Sinestro Corps Sinestro, and a Hal Jordan Parallax....and then I guess a Kyle Rayner Parallax for comparison. OH OH, a KILAWOG for sure!! I guess you cant NOT do a Kyle Rayner ION then. Then Id like a Star Sapphire, a green lantern Batman, and a Green Lanter/Green Arrow against Mongol diorama! Then a Flash...but then Id be good =):duh

I agree that SSC would probably have done a better job with the PFs. But I do think Batman is very good and I'm looking forward to Wonder Woman. I don't know that they integration of the cloth worked all that well with Wondie though - and I'd have liked to have seen a different treatment for the girdle and breastplate on her.

Back