It's a GUNDAM!!! - all things gundam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just picked up the Robot Spirits Epyon, Tallgeese, Altron, Sandrock, Heavyarms and Deathscythe Hell all for $20 each. Guy on Ebay put them on cheap because they're missing a hand or two. Epyon is missing his big hilt unfortunately, but he comes with a smaller one. Seems like a great value. Have to get the rest

I just picked up the Robot Spirits Epyon, Tallgeese, Altron, Sandrock, Heavyarms and Deathscythe Hell all for $20 each. Guy on Ebay put them on cheap because they're missing a hand or two. Epyon is missing his big hilt unfortunately, but he comes with a smaller one. Seems like a great value. Have to get the rest

Nice pick ups. Would like to see some pictures. Just noticed the Metal Robots Spirits line? Price is inline with Metal Builds. What's the difference? Excited - should be getting my first MBs in today.

I recently got the model building itch. It's something I've had since a kid (used to do military models) and put aside for many years. Some friends of mine and I recently got bit by the Gunpla bug. I know nothing about the character but Char's mechs, the Sazabi and Nightingale have always been designs I really loved. So the first Gundam I picked up was the HG-UC 1/144 Sazabi and I have been spending this weekend building it.

WIPs, about 1/3 through I think? Doing a full paint on it.

Bandai HG-UC Sazabi WiP 01 by James Seaman, on Flickr

Bandai HG-UC Sazabi WiP 02 by James Seaman, on Flickr

Bandai HG-UC Sazabi WiP 02 by James Seaman, on Flickr

Bandai HG-UC Sazabi WiP 03 by James Seaman, on Flickr

I've been taking my time. Unlikely I'll finish it this weekend but I have a very loose work schedule so will likely work on it during the week as well.

FIGURE-030075.jpg

I've been looking for display cases for a couple dozen 1/144 Gundams I bought.

2k3qj7.jpg

I experimented with a bunch of different cases, but I like the acrylic cases from the Container Store, like these:

dc94yq.jpg

2w3ouvp.jpg

I've been looking for display cases for a couple dozen 1/144 Gundams I bought.

2k3qj7.jpg

I experimented with a bunch of different cases, but I like the acrylic cases from the Container Store, like these:

dc94yq.jpg

2w3ouvp.jpg

for 1/144, i think if you have a 100yen store around town they might have something that fits. depends on which mech though. btw you paint your robots?

Welp, looks like I am going to like this thread. Excellent photos & models!

Unfortunately, I got an airbrush right before I got orders to move, so my models are all straight out of the box for now. Minus panel lines. Hope to do them justice with at least some decals and matte finish once done with flight school. Also going to do a Sinanju in candy red. I also kinda want to do a custom MG Duel gundam w/ a paint scheme like Yellow 13 from Ace Combat 4. Here are some old pics I was able to find.

Nightingale w/ MG Gundam for scale. I got the Nightingale in a Christmas secret santa on a keyboard forum. Sorry for bad pics, they are old and taken by cell phone.
MCKScjx.jpg

SEED suits.
vK87Aph.jpg

The rest are links to not make this post too long.
MG Exia & Stike
MG Unicorn & Jesta
PG Gundam Astray Red Frame I won from a Gunpla Campaign
Not shown completed: 1/100 Gundam Gusion Rebake & MG Delta Plus

I also have the following backlog: PG Skygrasper, MG Fenice Rinascita, MG Zaku II (Char's custom), MG RX-178 Gundam MKII, MG Freedom 2.0, RE 1/100 ReBawoo, 1/100 Barbados. I think that's everything. I still need MG Justice, MG GM Sniper II, MG Banshee, and I would like to get MG Strike and Unicorn at some point.

Back