It's a GUNDAM!!! - all things gundam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So glad that Tamashii is releasing an anime accurate Gouf. I prefer the dark blue

12797894_1693411890937980_513590265_n.jpg

Anyone else hear of the Mo Show 1/72 Metal Build Plus "Aile Mecha Warrior" figure?

aile1.jpg

It's in the vein of Bandai's Metal Build line, but at a larger scale. Like other Metal Builds. it's got a metal skeleton with plastic armor parts. Since it's non-licensed, they had to change the name to "Mecha Warrior" (which they Engrish-ly misspelled as "Worrior" on their nice articulated stand; disregarding the typo, the build quality for their Aile Strike Gundam is excellent, especially considering it's a non-Bandai third-party company. It comes with the a beam rifle, shield, beam swords, combat knives in the hip sheaths, and a huge and heavy diecast metal Grand Slam sword.

aile2.jpg

It's also got LED lights in the eyes and the Aile Striker jetpack, it looks great lit up.

aile3.jpg

Really nice piece overall, I definitely recommend it. :rock

Here's a good review on Youtube of a prototype production sample (back when they still called it "Aile Strike Gundam") that highlights things like articulation:

Last edited:
Anyone else hear of the Mo Show 1/72 Metal Build Plus "Aile Mecha Warrior" figure?

View attachment 265507

It's in the vein of Bandai's Metal Build line, but at a larger scale. Like other Metal Builds. it's got a metal skeleton with plastic armor parts. Since it's non-licensed, they had to change the name to "Mecha Warrior" (which they Engrish-ly misspelled as "Worrior" on their nice articulated stand; disregarding the typo, the build quality for their Aile Strike Gundam is excellent, especially considering it's a non-Bandai third-party company. It comes with the a beam rifle, shield, beam swords, combat knives in the hip sheaths, and a huge and heavy diecast metal Grand Slam sword.

View attachment 265508

It's also got LED lights in the eyes and the Aile Striker jetpack, it looks great lit up.

View attachment 265509

Here's a good review on Youtube of a prototype production sample (back when they still called it "Aile Strike Gundam") that highlights things like articulation:

I wish I didn't see this, I want it now. Where did you score it and how much?

I wish I didn't see this, I want it now. Where did you score it and how much?

I managed to snag mine with early-bird preorder pricing ($135) at TF-Direct; they'd since raised the price to $160. Your best bet now would be thetoysource.com, where they're still listing it for preorder at $145 plus shipping. Add another $5 item to your order and you'll qualify for the Free Shipping for orders $150 or more.

I managed to snag mine with early-bird preorder pricing ($135) at TF-Direct; they'd since raised the price to $160. Your best bet now would be thetoysource.com, where they're still listing it for preorder at $145 plus shipping. Add another $5 item to your order and you'll qualify for the Free Shipping for orders $150 or more.

Yeah, I found one at cost at a friend of mine who has a store. He's getting his shipment next week, can't wait. :)

Anybody here build and paint their gundams?

User to, but resin kits are just a ton better tbh, and I don't have the skill for those ><

Yeah, I found one at cost at a friend of mine who has a store. He's getting his shipment next week, can't wait. :)

edit: nvmd I misread the scale, not interested :(

Last edited:
Been working on this for a pretty long time, haven't had much experience in building and painting kits so there were lot of stuffs that I learned by trying. Picked up a way to do weathering with pastels and silver marker after weathering an X-wing kit from Star Wars Force Awakens. Mostly dark brown pastels. Then there was also learning to add led lights, connecting wires and drilling holes. Always wanted to build MG RX -78 3.0 version, the box art was what really got me to buy it. It was either this or origin version. Overall it was a fun project, but way too much work... :panic:

27737942626_1ce3497c95_o.png

27737942246_25fd4127d6_o.png

27160898563_d80f473484_o.png

27671467792_b9429fd446_o.png

27737941736_a00cf34bc2_o.png

27737942906_6ea76abbe3_o.png

27160899873_4e07ca91fa_o.png

It turns out the only MS 08th Team merch of note is in kit form, so for the first time in about a decade I'll be doing some serious model-making. Probably going to wait until summer is over then start stockpiling kits...

View attachment 265507

View attachment 265508

View attachment 265509

Oh yeah!! Preordered this. Hopefully it will turn out good..

Hey all. I have been offered some Metal Composite and Metal Build figures by a local collector and am having trouble making a choice. I have exactly zero experience with gunpla and am interested because I enjoy the mecha designs. Here is what he has offered me:

• Metal Composite RX78-2—$136
  • Metal Composite Banshee Norn Awakening ver.—$109 (no box)
  • Metal Build Freedom—$136

If you've had experience with any of these, I would really appreciate your help.

Hey guys!

My Aile Strike Metal Build Moshow is arrived!!

He is amazing

28cm
1.5kg

He is better than Bandai Metal Build!!

I do, none of my kits are tune accurate but the only gundam I've actually watched is 8th MS team, I've tried to get into the others but couldn't get into them.

here's a few pics of my kits, VERY old photos

gundam8.jpg

gundam2.jpg

gundam10.jpg

IMGA0112.jpg

I stopped building them when I moved out on my own, no longer had a garage to paint these in and the cost of each kit with the paint was pretty high, I spent almost as much on paint as I did on the kit.

Attachments

• IMGA0016.jpg
    IMGA0016.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
I used to build a lot... however, Metal Builds are simply beautiful. Anyone getting the F-91?

Been a while since ive been in here, just got back into all of this stuff with IBO, rearranged my shelves and built some 144 high grades to compliment my Damashii Barbatos, havent been this crazy about gundam since I was a kid watching Wing. Pics soon, just painting :D

I used to build a lot... however, Metal Builds are simply beautiful. Anyone getting the F-91?

Recently dug into Gundam figures from the NXedge and Damashii Robot Spirits line - which then lead me to the Metal Build line. Wow they are amazing looking from pictures and reviews I've seen online. I know I'm super late on these, but have two MB figures coming, the Red Astray Frame and the Exia Repair III. I've been trying to PreOrder the F91 but every site I've checked it's been sold out of pre orders. Checking daily for a restock. I hope I can get a F91. After that, I'll save up for the Freedom Strike.

Are you getting the F91?

I watched the first episode of Gundam Unicorn on Cartoon Network, liked that I saw. But then I got the bug to look at the RX-0 Unicorn 1/60 Model Kits. Must resist, must resist.

Back