It's a GUNDAM!!! - all things gundam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi!

I got my first Gundam: Meta Build ARX-8 Laevatien (technically is not a Gundam really) and it is really cool now I'm looking to get more of these.

I just ordered the Metal Build Exia Repair.

Hi!

I got my first Gundam: Meta Build ARX-8 Laevatien (technically is not a Gundam really) and it is really cool now I'm looking to get more of these.

I just ordered the Metal Build Exia Repair.

Welcome to the forum Pendragon!

I've been interested in the metal builds for a while but haven't pulled the trigger on getting one just yet. What parts are metal vs. plastic in the Laevatien? In terms of pose-ability how do they stack up? I mostly collect Robot Damashii and MSIA figures, but those are hit and miss for pose ability. Some are better than others. Just curious on your (or others) thoughts on the metal build series.

Hi,

I don't have other gundams so I don't know how good it is in terms of pose-ability but I'm happy with what it has (good range of motion and tight joints). I like this metal build series because the figure is heavy and feel solid just like a robot should be (in my opinion).

Maybe this review can help you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdPvY9PlrYQ

Hi,

I don't have other gundams so I don't know how good it is in terms of pose-ability but I'm happy with what it has (good range of motion and tight joints). I like this metal build series because the figure is heavy and feel solid just like a robot should be (in my opinion).

Maybe this review can help you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdPvY9PlrYQ

Thanks for the link! It definitely looks great!!! Looks like I'll have to pick one up.

Picked up Metal Composite Zeta Plus Blue thanks to my recent Gundam fever. Fanatstic figure, huge in Zplus C1 booster Wace Rider mode, about 18 inches long.

100_3655_zps2e15d3af.jpg

100_3656_zps1975a844.jpg

100_3651_zps40f9b4e3.jpg

100_3654_zps5ef8bc3a.jpg

100_3649_zps22f5ac7d.jpg

100_3648_zpse2f8782b.jpg

Also for Mobile Fighter G Gundam fans SHF Master Asia, RD Master Gundam (January) & TWS exclusive RD God Gundam Option Parts Set (March):

fo20001.jpg

Source: TAG Hobby.

sa15.jpg

My sazabi ver. Ka build near completion

Awesome looking, what is entailed by "build"? Is this something anyone can put together or do you need equipment? Really impressive looking, but I don't have an airbrush or anything, but Id love to have something like this to display.

Awesome looking, what is entailed by "build"? Is this something anyone can put together or do you need equipment? Really impressive looking, but I don't have an airbrush or anything, but Id love to have something like this to display.

I pretty much repainted every piece of the kit. All the reds were airbrushed in multiple layers to create that titanium look. I've seen a video where someone has done something similar with just hand painting the red. But it won't look as smooth as airbrushing of course.

Back