• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

iTrader Feedback system

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello all and welcome to the new iTrader Feedback system tutorial!

This will take the place of the feedback thread which will be closed to new posts. Unfortunately as of now there is no way to manually add old feedback, although that is supposed to a feature on the next upgrade. So everyone will need to look at the feedback thread as well as the new Feedback Score to get a complete picture of a member's transaction history. As soon as we're able to add old Feedback to the iTrader system we'll do so and get rid of the old Feedback threads completely.

If you've ever left feedback for someone on eBay then you know what this is. It does not replace the "Want to Buy" or "Want to Sell" threads. In fact you'll have to have a thread offering an item in order to leave feedback for it.

To leave feedback, just click on the number next to a person's name.
itrader0.jpg

That will take you to their feedback profile.
itrader2.jpg

Click on submit feedback and that will open the feedback interface.
itrader3.jpg

Here you will select whether you were the buyer or seller, leave your positive, neutral or negative feedback, add a comment about the transaction and...this is important - PASTE AN URL WHERE THE TRANSACTION TOOK PLACE. So if you didn't have a thread about selling or buying an item you can't submit feedback.

There is also space for detailed comments which are only seen by the buyer, seller and mod. For a negative feedback this area MUST be filled out explaining why a negative is being left. On negative feedback, if the detailed comment is blank then the mods will delete the feedback.

These are the basics of leaving feedback. Next we'll go into other features of this system.

Last edited:
iTrader Feedback system - part 2

There are other features of iTrader that should help members who are daunted by the For Sale threads.

Note the "iTrader" tag on the Navigation Bar.
itrader1.jpg

If you select "Browse All Members," it will bring up a list of everyone that has filled out anything in the "Wants to Buy" or "Wants to Sell" areas.
itrader4.jpg

You can also search for a specific item either to buy or to sell, but I'm not sure how well that search function will work.

Go to "Your iTrader Options" to fill in what you are looking to buy or to sell.
itrader5.jpg

Will there be any moderation in the feedback? There are a few wonderful members of our community who feel justified giving negative feedback if items weren't delivered or money wasn't sent the second the deal closed.

Will there be any moderation in the feedback? There are a few wonderful members of our community who feel justified giving negative feedback if items weren't delivered or money wasn't sent the second the deal closed.

I think shell and I will be monitoring the negative feedback left to make sure it is justified.

So we should only use this for transactions from this day forward, as old transactions will eventually be added by the admin? Do I have that right?
Excellent idea, btw.

I think shell and I will be monitoring the negative feedback left to make sure it is justified.

That's why the explanation must be filled out for negative feedback. The same rules as before applies.

If the transaction goes off and the seller gets his money and the buyer gets his item, then a negative feedback isn't justified unless there was something untoward - such as sending the wrong item intentionally, or not following through on a lost item - something of that sort.

Good to know, that was my initial concern as well. :peace

So we should only use this for transactions from this day forward, as old transactions will eventually be added by the admin? Do I have that right?
Excellent idea, btw.

The old feedback thread is now closed - people must still reference it to see old feedback, but any new transactions from today forward must use the new system.

I still need to do one final update to the old feedback thread and then the first 2 posts will be good reference material for buyers/sellers.

Will our old feedback carry over to the new system?

You didn't read Dave's first post. :lol :lol

Unfortunately as of now there is no way to manually add old feedback, although that is supposed to a feature on the next upgrade.
So everyone will need to look at the feedback thread as well as the new Feedback Score to get a complete picture of a member's transaction history. As soon as we're able to add old Feedback to the iTrader system we'll do so and get rid of the old Feedback threads completely.

I really think this is going to be a great system. Thanks, Dave. :rock

Cool, this will certainly make it easier to get a quick view of a person's transaction history :rock

I do hope we can get the old to carry over on the next update, but aside from that this is a very cool system!

And I had some feedback to leave, so I got to try it out :rock

Last edited:
Once we get this moving and feedback scores start accumulating, this is going to be a great system. It will make transactions so much easier. I do hope that some time in the future we're able to add our old feedback scores, too.

I see a potential issue. If a seller deletes the thread after the item sells, the buyer can't leave feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back