It was a very lego Christmas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Legos RULE! I got my niece the Republic Gunship and she got me Anakin's starfighter. We help each other put them together, which usually means me picking the pieces and her putting them together. With the larger sets, she gets distracted after a while, so we take breaks. It's a lot of fun.

That LEGO Star Destroyer looks freakin awesome! I've always been wondering though, how difficult is it to put these things together? I've never really tried but might give it a shot one day.

The LEGO Star Destroyer rocks!!! I built this one a few weeks ago, its the first LEGO set I have bought since I was a kid. It took me two full days to put it all together and I enjoyed every minute of it! I won't say it was easy but as long as you follow the instructions exactly you'll be fine (All 200 pages of them!!!) The hardest part is finding the space to spread out and build it. 3104 pieces and just over 3 feet long when complete. Here's some pics, enjoy.....

And not forgetting the rebel cruiser

It was my first Lego free Christmas this year :( that said, I did splurge just prior to the big day so Santa would have struggled to bring me some I was after :D

LOVE the ISD :)

That Star Destroyer looks awesome!

I got almost all of the Star Wars sets released until 2003. I put most of them together but I just had no room for them and I ended up selling most of them. I'm tempted to get a couple of the Clone Wars sets, the RGS and the AT-TE.

Used to collect the sets, but then I was just building them and putting them on display right after so I sold them all and got into figures which are more suitable.

Had the ISD, very cool set, although it can have problems after a while. The center frame beams in between where the stand connects to the frame will bend over time (like the actual pieces will bend) and the Star Destroyer will start dipping forward, but you can fix it by adding more of those block pieces that connect both halves together (if you have the extra pieces from other sets) where those beams connect. Or by putting another flat piece in between the halves there so there isn't a gap

Talking about this part of the inner framework:
img5476mg0.jpg

Right now my son and I are working on putting together all of his sets so I can sort out all of his pieces from the mixed tote. As soon as the monumental task is accomplished I'll take some pics.
All except for the AT ST. That thing just never stayed together.

I figured I would post this here since this is the closest thing to a Star Wars LEGO thread. (maybe a MOD can rename it as such) Anyway here is my custom Lego Venator and Invisible Hand. I was screwing around with my new PC and edited an older video. Enjoy!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/CHq4WqgJFA4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/CHq4WqgJFA4&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back