It might be a scammer if...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I have to say is...

....NO F***ING PANDAS!

pup1.jpg
ic1.jpg

You cut me Dave, you cut me deep this time.......
I hope everyone at that Halloween party are dressed in Panda suits. Oh yes, you will be the only Sith and you feel left out. :p

4527474737oa.jpg

Mr. FB: No "pot stirring" going on here unless you choose to make it that way.
Seems like you're just trying to get a shot in again on me. Same ol', same ol'.
And this isn't "dirty laundry" either. Don't see where that comes from.
Hopefully some useful information here to be had.

Jesse: Why is this junk? Pointing out the signs to look for on potential Ebay
scammers isn't relevant to this board? Many here have fallen for auctions
that weren't on the up-and-up, and this information may prevent someone
from getting ripped off. Don't see the junk there.

Here is a nice puppy:

cute-puppy.jpg

JS :peace

Jim you know this was already pointed this out in a thread and people had a long conversation about it. Of course it sunk to name calling and bashing back and forth. So as far as I am concerned, an "I told you so" does nothing but start the bickering all over again (which it has).

Since you brought it up and just out of curiosity, what was your personal interest in the auction? Why is it you who are here extreemly upset with the outcome of the auction. Why is it you posting an (originaly) very angry message instead of the actual winner of the auction?

Jesse

Jesse,

I posted this now, because the outcome was just told to me recently by Dax.
No "I told you so's" here. I edited my original post upon reconsideration, as it
didn't strike the tone I wanted at all. Hasty/angry post = bad tone. It does
happen to people sometimes.

I'm not shooting comments directly at ANYBODY, but if some others choose
to take cheap shots and bash, that is their deal I guess. No reason to though.

I had no personal interest in the auction, other than getting the Hell bashed
out of me here for saying the seller was likely a scammer. The auction showed
all the signs, and many still seemed to be fine with it even though we'd seen
this type of thing before, and warned people to be wary then with no problem.

The original winner didn't post, as they're pretty upset about the outcome, as
anybody would be. Sucks to win something, only to have the deal go sour.
I'm hoping it can be seen as a tale of what to be wary of or what to avoid,
which is the same thing that said originally.

JS :peace

C_With_Ball.jpg

So as far as I am concerned, an "I told you so" does nothing but start the bickering all over again (which it has).
True, so true Jessie, I am not sure why others feel the need to air malcontent and ill feel when the rest of the forum has NOTHING to do with…Some just need to stir the pot……………Oh well…
Seems like you're just trying to get a shot in again on me. Same ol', same ol'.
For you yes, same ol, same ol……No shot, but a simple request to air this stuff elsewhere or take it to PM as this is NOT what this forum is all about. But for someone to air their thoughts and you to think it is a personal “shot”, well you said it, “same ol, same ol” but we have become accustomed to it already. Just please next time take it to PM, PLEASE……………. :peace

For what it's worth, I wouldn't call the seller a scammer since he didn't take money from anyone and not deliver the goods. He's just a not a very credible or respectable person. I would guess he may have decided he could get more for the statues than what was being offered. Maybe he's just trying to maximize profits on his investment like so many others. Maybe he's just a low life. But I wouldn't say he's a scammer.

I deleted this because it keeps up the mindset of the bickering.

No sense trying to squash it, but rather to post meaningful stuff that is what this thread SHOULD be about (and what it was about until someone threw a molotov cocktail in here).

I wonder how many sideshow weta lord of the rings collectors are still using Ebay that do not know about this board. Not too many I bet, but there are the odd one or two.

So as there are fewer people not knowing about the board, it seems the scammers have a really small, and continually shrinking market.

Would anyone like a slice of toast?

How about a bagel? Or a waffle?

Oh so you're a croissant man! (or woman.. ;) )

mmm... flakey pastry... aaahhhh [drools]

Last edited:
Well Nemo, I just had I request to keep this in PM and not in an open forum where others really dont care. How hard is that to understand? AUCTION TURNED OUT BAD, well this was not the first time or will it be the last, sorry it is the nature of the beast, dont like it dont bid, simple.......

Sad, but Same ol....Same ol...... :sick

MrFB- PM.

Hopefully this turns out good.

I should post a pic. I will later.

Nemo, you've been watching too much Red Dwarf!

"Wait! Before you go, I must ask something. Something of uttermost importance that the rest of the crew will need to know!!!"

"What???? What?????"

"........would you like any toast?"

:D I wondered if anyone would get it!

:joy

That is the funniest talking toaster in the whole wide world.

Mr. FellBeast

You stated the following:

Dumbest thing EVER said on the net!!!!

Pro at taking advantage of the situation.................

OK enough said, why cant this type of dirty laundry be taken care of in private?? This type of thread is not needed and serves nothing more then to "stir the pot"..............
Please next time PM it..........

Are you not doing the same with the laundry & the stirring of pots? You would have had a great case to defend your point, yet you start off by saying a statement was dumb. I agree, the little disagreement that started out could have been handled using PM's. Yet, the heads up on when people have bad transactions should always be welcomed. The price some of these pieces are commanding these days is pretty high. I also realize that just because I had a bad transaction with So&So does not necessarily mean that you would. But, I hope that you would listen if a member posted that So&So was a bad dealer and at least consider what they had to say. Ultimately it is the individual's decision, so to each their own.

Ultimately it is the individual's decision, so to each their own.

I stand corrected................

THAT WAS THE DUMBEST THING SAID ON THE NET............;) :naughty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back