Is X Files done?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doesitmatter

Super Freak
Reaction score
Krycek and Skinner limited to 500 pieces each and nothing shown at SDCC makes me think so.

I've been a little out of the Sideshow loop. has there been any news?

I was thinking the same thing. It would of been a real surprise to see something new from the X-Files line, but it seems the line is done. It actually seems like alot of the lines are done except Star Wars, but the Star Wars line is awesome.

It's awesome, but only if you're a Star Wars fan. ;)

The Buffy line's still going, though at a slower pace and I'm not sure how much life is left in it. The Angel line's being turned out.

X-Files, the only characters left to really make are Reyes and the Lone Gunmen. If those were made then I would consider the line complete.

I hope we see something from x-files every now and again. I think when the movie hits if it is good we might see something more here.

Well, Bond's getting a bunch of boring rehashes.
Buffy may just be getting its epitaph written in the form of Giles.
Angel does seem to be getting around to its core characters, but we'll have to wait and see how far it goes.
Most other licenses that we supported seem to be totally ignored/dead/on hiatus.... whatever way you want to say it.

I suspect we might get 1 x-file fig about every 12 months - remember krychek took 12 months to deliver! I would like to see a few more but I'd be happy if its a slow trickle - collecting so many lines I can only get so many figures a month.

i'd love the Lone Gunman and Bounty Hunter, but if they'd just make Monica, i'd be happy and consider it finished, if not complete.

:confused: What?!? Wait a minute! The X-Files line isn't complete until I get my Lily Tomlin & Ed Asner figures, complete with holes through them...

...and there may be another movie coming...the truth is out there...

Yesterday at Comic-Con, I asked someone at the Sideshow booth about the future of this line. She told me to keep reading the newsletter for any X-Files announcements. She may have just been a clerical worker, and not had any real idea about the future of the line--but I guess her answer was better than a solid "no."

There are many more figures I'd like to see produced--pretty much every recurring character associated with mythology episodes. But I realize this is very unlikely to happen. Oh well.

When I first saw Giles I thought it was Frohike, from the Lone Gunmen, I was like YES! And then I clicked on the picture and lost all hope.

If the new X-Files Movie gets off the ground, expect to see more stuff coming out. Latest I heard is David and Gillian are already signed on and the script is pretty much done... it won't revolve around an alien though, they are taking it in a different direction...

It won't revolve around the mythology of the X-files is what they have said. Spotnitz is working on the script. David has been into this for almost two years now since his career is basically in the crapper. Gillian Anderson could use a payday as well after doing plays in England for some time now I imagine.
I believe they are looking to do something dark and scary with this film. I am looking forward to it.

Oh and please make the alien bounty hunter. Use the big boy body. THANKS!!!

I agree with earlier poster, that as the last two figures had a run of just 500, I'd be amazed to see anything else coming out of the X-Files line. That said, I hope they do continue it.

The bounty hunter would be cool, but my guess is unless the movie is a big success this line is played out... but you never know, there is always hope that Sideshow will crank out a few more figures. Afterall the last two did sell out!

There are more characters to be done before this license is exhasted. I would expect to see a bounty hunter, well, hopefully.

Back