Is this the standard expected from SS?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you guys for those who supported my stance, but I don't rebuked those who don't either.

I can understand that they will most probably don't have sufficient boxes but I (may have naively) thought that SS would actually go for that extra mile to do that for me. Afterall, I can't imagine why would the QC even allow should a box to pass in the first place.

In my opinion, having a good packaging for a product is just human nature, thats the reason there is such thing as "product design". I would imagine that given a choice in purchasing just a package of M&Ms, which the buyer probably valued what is inside, would prefer a good pack rather than one that is defaced on the outside. Well, the defaced packaging doesn't make the chocolate any less tasty, but then we naturally choose the "better looking ones".

I believed SS can definitely give me a more satisfactory answer than saying "they cannot ensure the safety of the delivery of an empty box". The implication is that safety can only be insured if the box contains a statue, but not without. That doesn't make sense.

Perhaps I may have misinterpreted their statement and their definition of the word "safety", but clearly the nature of my complain refers to the obvious mishandle of the box - whole chunck of covering torn off from the coloured box. So I asked SS, "you mean you cannot ensure that the next box is not torn like that again?"

If I should be upset about this whole ordeal, I think it is more like how SS replied me than their refusal to send me another box. On top of that, their offer to do a refund has somehow devalued me as a serious collector for having quality and mint product and did not realise that money in this case cannot compensate what they have done wrong in the first place.

I am not trying to showoff my wealth here, but generally speaking, any amount of money cannot get me another decent box, it has to come from sideshow! So in the very beginning, I have even suggested that they can remove the inner styrofoam and just send the box to me so that they can save on some shipping cost. Afterall, fedex charges by volumetric weight.

Yet, after the long wait, this is the answer I got from SS - so sorry to say, I am really a little disappointed.

It seemed like I have little choice now but to count my blessing that my gandalf LSB comes unspoilt.

Hopefully one day, SS will be able to improve on their QC and/or customer service for international customers. :eek:

Makes you wonder

I put alot of percentage of the overall value of a product in its packaging

In fact

Alot of Collectors do

Thats why Loose figures are cheaper than boxed and thats why alot of items are graded

15% ? the fact that this was a Quality Control issue at SSC id have expected 25% at least

Well, Mooncat, looks like they are not going to do anything about it.... but I still hope to keep my fingers crossed...

Still no news from Sideshow....so I finally given up my hope on Sideshow..

So much about customer service...

really disappointed... can't given bother to give me a decent reply..:confused::confused::confused::confused::monkey2:monkey2

I had an issue with my Bib box. The magnets didn't work. Sideshow did replace the box but it didn't work either. It's no big deal to me. I was happy that they tried. I do understand where they are coming from though. A piece of cardboard may not ship in another piece of cardboard well. Just out of curiosity what else did they post in their response? I have always found their customer service to be top notch. They have replaced a broken hookah and pants for an Endor tropper that both arrived damaged. They were easy to work with. Also do you plan on selling the item down the road?

Its really hard to say...

I mean, if I don't have the intention to sell it now, doesn't mean I don't in the indefinite future, and I certainly WON'T get any replacement (for the box if SS should ever replaced it at all) in the indefinite future if I don't get it now.

Having a better package is an insurance for me, moreoever I am not demanding anything extra. I paid for it, didn't I?

If for some reason they can't replace it - FINE! I mean I have no choice but to accept it. But giving the reason that they "can't ensure the safety of sending a box overseas" is really ridiculous to me.

But I guessed perhaps a lot of boardmembers never get such a bad service before, so thats the reason why there isn't much posts in this thread. This also doesn't mean if there are a lot of posts would make me feel better. All I wanted is a proper box.

Unless there are new developments, I think I will just let matter rest now. If they choose to ignore me, any number of emails or calls wouldn't make any difference. :monkey2

Its just scraped right? If thats the only problem I'm not sure really what the issue is. If it was crushed then I could see it being a problem if you wanted to sell it. Just going off the pic the box looks like its scraped.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they offer you a full refund or a discount if you want to keep it? Isn't that a solution? It may not be the solution you want but to me that's pretty good customer service. :huh

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they offer you a full refund or a discount if you want to keep it? Isn't that a solution? It may not be the solution you want but to me that's pretty good customer service. :huh

I totally agree. I think you are taking this way too personally.
Do I think this box should have been used?, no, but then unfortunately mistakes do happen and it was sent out.These things happen.

I probably could understand you being this upset if it was say the Styrofoam inside that was damaged which had caused the item to be damaged.As it stands it is the outer box with a scrape off the top, it does not affect the stability or security of your item when in the box.

You contacted them and they have replied, not only by email but here on the forum too which they do so out of respect for their collectors, they do not have to respond to these threads as has been mentioned many times(not necessarily in this thread), they will if they can.
They have offered you a full refund or partial discount, a company with really poor customer service would not even have bothered answering you never mind giving you the option of what you want to do next.
So they have done something. what you choose to do is up to you.

Just my thoughts.
Shell
x :duff

Maybe I am expecting too much.

Now, as I have mentioned earlier, I decided to let the matter rest.

But I need to clarify this, I didn't get any form of refund.

It is not my intention to badmouth SS by writing this thread.

Josh, maybe you can help to close this thread. I appreciate it.

Maybe I am expecting too much.

i think many have put certain vendors on a pedestal, but they like all god's creatures make mistakes. maybe if people realize nobody is perfect, good companies won't be expected to meet expectations that they have no business trying to reach and buyers won't expect the world from those companies.

Back