Is this Iron Man Comiquette authentic?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the seller has tried to do everything he could to prove authenticity. Most fakes don't have the numbers on the box (aren't they cut out?), and he explained the sticker and shoulder blades.

Ask for a picture of the base, if the hole for the foot peg is not perfectly cut its a fake, he took pictures of everything except the base. Also the foot peg color matters, I can't remember but if anyone here wants to check there IM to see what color the peg is, I think it is supposed to be reg and not gold.

I have been in contact with him over the past few days and he has been very responsive..but I just realized the white barcode column at the bottom of the box is in japanese!!! It made me panic after I made the bid..

Try not to buy from sellers in Asian countries- that is where most of the fakes come from. If you really want this statue you are going to have to pay the cost. Most deals are out there because they are not legit. In the end you always get what you paid for.

Yes..I do realize that...there are lots of fakes floating around in the region and in my country (Singapore). But I thought this looked really legit..

Yes..I do realize that...there are lots of fakes floating around in the region and in my country (Singapore). But I thought this looked really legit..

To my eye this piece looks legit. However, I do not remember any language written on the box besides English so that barcode area could be a tell. Good luck. :)

If this is the Exclusive, where's the Tony Stark head in any of the pics?

erm...I think he listed it wrongly..its juz a regular edition coz its 533/750

I do not think there are fakes for regular rite?

In this crazy market who knows. It would be something if Sideshow could implement a registry for the figures that lists the numbers with an owner based on first name with last initial.

There is no exclusive SSC sticker on the front of the box bro....thats odd...also as someone else already mentioned...where is the pic of the stark head...got to say tho...if it is a fake that is a great job at a fake box...the paint apps look factory tho...that red is hard to duplicate.....good luck man

erm...I think he listed it wrongly..its juz a regular edition coz its 533/750

I do not think there are fakes for regular rite?

if this is the case and its not the exc...i think this is legit...dont remember seeing fakes of the reg ed..but you never know...good luck man

The writing below the UPS is clearly a sticker that is over the original printed box. By the looks of it, it is a distributer sticker for a place that distributed it in Japan.

Are there some scuff marks on the paint or is that just a reflection from the flash. He says "paint job still looks good overall" and that kind of worries me a bit. It may mean there are some problems with the paint.

This is regular version iron mon comiquette and looks good to me imho.
Thks
Rgds
Amin Ko

The barcode should be in English, but I think most products shipped to another country a sticker is affix to match their language. For example my RAH Death note figures, Sideshow affixed an English translation on the Japanese writing.

Looks like the seller has tried to do everything he could to prove authenticity. Most fakes don't have the numbers on the box (aren't they cut out?), and he explained the sticker and shoulder blades.

Its hard to tell the authenticity. I've seen the ones on ebay that come in pieces and once their glued together the statue looks really good almost authentic. Also I think its real easy to get a sticker from another piece and stick it on that box. And if they can counterfeit the exclusive, I don't think it would be a problem to do the regular statue. I don't mean to sound negative but I have had two bad experiences buy this statue off of ebay. First one had the obvious problems backwards shoulder blade armor, bad paint, although at the time I didnt know about the fakes. I didnt pay for that one. Second time I recieved the statue but there was a problem with the arm. It looked like it was glued on and you could tell. Was able to get my money back through paypal. After I started to see the statues that were in pieces it got me thinking that the guy may have sold me one of those. The box and all that were legit, but its also very easy to switch an authentic for a fake and sell that
So in my opinion I would stay away from buying this statue on ebay. Its hard to tell, and if you go to ss and ask them all they'll tell you is that there is no way for them to confirm the authenticity of the statue because you didn't buy it directly from them, and thats the chance you take buying on ebay. Thats what they told me when I called. Good Luck.....

Back