Is this a recast or the real thing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is possible it arrived that way. I got one of the Kong holding Ann Bronzes from King Kong and it looked very similar; actually worse! It is very green! I even tried to get it replaced with Weta and they said that was normal and part of the patina that was applied, so this Vader may have had too much patina applied at the factory. It would be easy to get this polished and waxed and look like the "glowing" version in the Sideshow pictures.

I sold my bronze King Kong a while back, but I remember it got worse and worse with time. Never really cared to clean it :lol

A bronze collectible will actually lose value by having it cleaned and polished. I don't know what this patina stuff is, but bronze will go green whether it has that patina stuff on it, or not, and whether or not you clean and polish it. Cleaning and polishing actually wears away the metal, but you probably wouldn't notice over a life time, and I would advise anyone not to do it.

Back