Is this a recast or the real thing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is not a crack, it's a vein in the marble base. You can see the same in Squider's Vader statue. Piece looks legit to me.
IMG_2091.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah Squider takes some of the best photos.

I guess another way to see if the piece it legit, is to ask the seller to take a pic of the statue's ed. #...it's engraved on Vader's cape (lower, left side). Seems like it would be tough to recast that minor detail.

Last edited:
It's not a crack, it is indeed a vein in the marble..

And you guys already went ahead and talked so much ^^^^, embarrassing your self like that.

And you guys already went ahead and talked so much ^^^^, embarrassing your self like that.

Hey geto, is statue forum down? I've tried all day without success.

Still his pic looks like crap.

Still his pic looks like crap.

Yeah, if the seller had taken a better pic, I don't think the topic would have been brought up. But, it really does look like a flaw in the ebay auction. Not to mention, with the high entry fee on this statue, I think many collectors in general just gave it a passing glance and didn't know the base was made of marble.

Does bronze really oxidate that quickly? The Staue of Liberty is copper, and gets a lot of exposure.

Was this guy using it for a garden gnome or something?

Does bronze really oxidate that quickly? The Staue of Liberty is copper, and gets a lot of exposure.

Was this guy using it for a garden gnome or something?

It is possible it arrived that way. I got one of the Kong holding Ann Bronzes from King Kong and it looked very similar; actually worse! It is very green! I even tried to get it replaced with Weta and they said that was normal and part of the patina that was applied, so this Vader may have had too much patina applied at the factory. It would be easy to get this polished and waxed and look like the "glowing" version in the Sideshow pictures.

Wheres the edition #?? i mean its only 50 its not so hard to look at a 2 digit # and put it on the auction!:monkey4

It only hurts for a little while... :D

The cool thing was that The Statue of Liberty used to be the color of the bronze Vader...

It would look so cool...

Although, having it chrome-plated with a real flame on the torch would be awesome too...

I don't think that's a crack in the base. It looks like a vein in the marble.

id agree with batty look like a quarts vain or something (not sure if thats spelled right) its not broken, did you guys never collect fossils and gem stones as kids :rotfl

Back