Is there such a thing as free will?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think there is, I feel that everything is written already, that is why some people can predict the future, how can you predict something that is going to happen? It must be destiny.

I believe for some reason that everything is already laid out for us in reality. predestination you might call it.

If reality was entirely physical, then how it is, resulted by being caused by what came before, in one long, complex web of cause, ultimately starting with whatever started matter to exist. Everything and every outcome would be predetermined by what came before it, and how what came before it was.

If on the other hand there was an intelligence that existed independently of it as Heisenberg's uncertainty principle that says that things change simply because they are being observed, there certainly is free will.

Because if everything was only physical, then physical is all there is, and thus is all there can ever be. The unfolding of an entirely physical universe would be the act of the inertia of the matter that composes it.

An entirely physical universe would be governed by the law of inertia.
Newton's First Law :
https://science.howstuffworks.com/innovation/scientific-experiments/newton-law-of-motion1.htm

"An object at rest will stay at rest, forever, as long as nothing pushes or pulls on it. An object in motion will stay in motion, traveling in a straight line, forever, until something pushes or pulls on it."

That's why.

v4xkj8.gif

Here we go! :panic:

It depends. If devil is going to use logic and reason to make his case, then it might go somewhere. On the other hand, if he just wants to disagree based on preconceived ideas established by previous conditioning, then there is no need for me to continue.

Anything can be figured out with logic, unless you are afraid of where it might lead you, because where it leads you seems to be going in the direction of threatening your religion, culture, social circle, or how you make your money, in which case the logic stops.

Anything can be figured out with logic, unless you are afraid of where it might lead you, because where it leads you seems to be going in the direction of threatening your religion, culture, social circle, or how you make your money, in which case the logic stops.

thats actually a pretty damn good statement :lecture....

That's why.

Um, not everything is physical. :duh

It depends. If devil is going to use logic and reason to make his case, then it might go somewhere. On the other hand, if he just wants to disagree based on preconceived ideas established by previous conditioning, then there is no need for me to continue.

I have to wonder how you even start.

shhit happens. is reason enough for some.
well, its happening now...and from the looks of things to come. more shhit coming up. :lol:rotfl

If reality was entirely physical, then how it is, resulted by being caused by what came before, in one long, complex web of cause, ultimately starting with whatever started matter to exist. Everything and every outcome would be predetermined by what came before it, and how what came before it was.

If on the other hand there was an intelligence that existed independently of it as Heisenberg's uncertainty principle that says that things change simply because they are being observed, there certainly is free will.

Because if everything was only physical, then physical is all there is, and thus is all there can ever be. The unfolding of an entirely physical universe would be the act of the inertia of the matter that composes it.

An entirely physical universe would be governed by the law of inertia.
Newton's First Law :
https://science.howstuffworks.com/innovation/scientific-experiments/newton-law-of-motion1.htm

"An object at rest will stay at rest, forever, as long as nothing pushes or pulls on it. An object in motion will stay in motion, traveling in a straight line, forever, until something pushes or pulls on it."

That's why.

this thread does not obey the laws of thermodynamics, just sayin.

I honestly do believe in free will.

with this gaming culture/internet culture It is pretty easy to see how free will is real.
Men that spend 10 hours glued to a play station, wasting time, days after days, months after months.
I know someone like that. From the moment he wakes up to the moment he goes to sleep he is either playing games, watching tv or going online. He doesn't work, he doesn't go out with friends, he just eats, sleeps and looks at a screen.

If there was no free will, how could he waste his life like that?
He is Literally wasting his days doing nothing. accumulating fake points on a pointless game. Nothing he does has any value to society. He has been like that for years now. The only time he goes out is to eat at restaurants or to buy more games.

So, when I look at his life, how could free will Not exist?
If we have some kind of plan, if we are destined for something... If our lives are written out for us, How can this guy waste his existence like that?
And he is not the only one, many people do this. they get addicted to tv or the computer. It just makes no sense how if we are supposed to have a destiny this guy is literally dying in front of a screen.. I mean, Honestly I can't see how free will is not real when so many people are wasting their lives with drugs or other crap like that. They add nothing to society, there is no difference whether they are alive or dead. They dont' contribute anything to anyone else's lives.

What Kind of f-- up destiny is that?

Last edited:
I honestly do believe in free will.

with this gaming culture/internet culture It is pretty easy to see how free will is real.
Men that spend 10 hours glued to a play station, wasting time, days after days, months after months.
I know someone like that. From the moment he wakes up to the moment he goes to sleep he is either playing games, watching tv or going online. He doesn't work, he doesn't go out with friends, he just eats, sleeps and looks at a screen.

If there was no free will, how could he waste his life like that?
He is Literally wasting his days doing nothing. accumulating fake points on a pointless game. Nothing he does has any value to society. He has been like that for years now. The only time he goes out is to eat at restaurants or to buy more games.

So, when I look at his life, how could free will Not exist?
If we have some kind of plan, if we are destined for something... If our lives are written out for us, How can this guy waste his existence like that?
And he is not the only one, many people do this. they get addicted to tv or the computer. It just makes no sense how if we are supposed to have a destiny this guy is literally dying in front of a screen.. I mean, Honestly I can't see how free will is not real when so many people are wasting their lives with drugs or other crap like that. They add nothing to society, there is no difference whether they are alive or dead. They dont' contribute anything to anyone else's lives.

What Kind of f-- up destiny is that?

...to get to the next level grasshopper...

blackmask....you are begging to be bible smacked.

while we're at it...

**** destiny. **** fate.:lecture

Back