Is there any need for a MK IV/VI V2.0?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do we need a MK IV/VI or WM MK I Version 2.0?

• Yes! We need them all as Die Casts!

Votes: 40 78.4%
  • No! They are still blending in. Better give me another Ledger Joker.

Votes: 11 21.6%

• Total voters
Unless you're a scalper, having a company reissue a product however many times, does not affect the toy you originally bought. It merely gives more people the opportunity to get a product they may not have had the chance to otherwise.

Would it really matter if the toy you owned, was bought by a million other people?

Back on topic, I already own the Mark 4 and 6, but would gladly buy new and improved versions.

Unless you're a scalper, having a company reissue a product however many times, does not affect the toy you originally bought. It merely gives more people the opportunity to get a product they may not have had the chance to otherwise.

Would it really matter if the toy you owned, was bought by a million other people?

Back on topic, I already own the Mark 4 and 6, but would gladly buy new and improved versions.

Exclusivity is very important to some collectors.

Playing devil's advocate it's not ridiculous at all if you consider them a 'collectible', which many do. Just b/c you missed the boat on earlier releases and don't want to pay to play doesn't mean a company should dedicate it's time re-issuing a product it has already so you can save a hundred bucks. Rereleases could easily bottom out the value of the entire line, which would hurt someone in the even they want/need to sell their collection for whatever reason.

ROFLMAO! If people are buying mass produced items because they're a) "limited edition" or b) an investment then they're destined to be a) unhappy and b) poor.

Exclusivity is very important to some collectors.

I know this will start a ****storm, but if that's why they do it they're collecting for the wrong reasons.

I can understand the guys who own all of the first seven armors not wanting DC re-releases. You've got your reasons. But HT will probably redo all of them in diecast because there's a demand and it's easy money.

HT has a habit of revisiting certain figures, more often than not of popular characters from popular franchises. Better get used to it.

ROFLMAO! If people are buying mass produced items because they're a) "limited edition" or b) an investment then they're destined to be a) unhappy and b) poor.

I know this will start a ****storm, but if that's why they do it they're collecting for the wrong reasons.

So true

I can understand the guys who own all of the first seven armors not wanting DC re-releases. You've got your reasons. But HT will probably redo all of them in diecast because there's a demand and it's easy money.

HT has a habit of revisiting certain figures, more often than not of popular characters from popular franchises. Better get used to it.

Ive had them all at one point or another, there is definitely room for improvement on every single one of them, though I would take plastic upgrades as well. I just want more accuracy

Well this thread got more interesting whilst I was asleep, I usually skim through & see what I've missed but had to read everything this time..., I love to see the passion regarding what people are into (well read it anyway). :) I'd still like some more diecast suits myself, wheather that be the older suits or new ones to come doesn't bother me, I just really prefer metal over plastic but it's a personal preference really & I'm happy with my plastic figures too. :)

it would be great for those who doesn't have it yet. but for me, i'd say no, too many iron man figures already, i almost forgot that excitement when HT announces a new figure.
by the rate they're doing it, we'll probably still be seeing new IM figures when avengers comes out..

Today you'd have to expect reissue after reissue of a popular figure from a lucrative license, so yeah, limited they ain't. But there was a time when it could reasonably be expected that these things were fairly exclusive/limited and they had that cachet about them.

it would be great for those who doesn't have it yet. but for me, i'd say no, too many iron man figures already, i almost forgot that excitement when HT announces a new figure.
by the rate they're doing it, we'll probably still be seeing new IM figures when avengers comes out..

I find I'm still excited to see new figures myself, I love seeing all of the suits become something I can own & more movies means more suits SO, long may it continue I say. :)

Admittedly if it were just a case of repaints I doubt I'd be overly thrilled seeing new ones all the time (like with Sideshow's clone figures), but at least with the Iron Man suits, they aren't just the same old suit painted in every colour going. :)

I can see IM2 MK VI holding its value a little better if a rerelease is announced because I doubt itll come with the battle damage pieces. MK IV will tank though.

I've got a Tony Stark figure so Robert Downey Junior is covered, I'd never ruin a good Iron Man suit with a human head. lol ;)

Depends on if they include a really nice RDJ sculpt with the new IV.

That MKIV HS is getting long in the tooth. I dont own a MKIV and I sure wouldnt pass on a DC in favor of the previous release because of a HS. The IM2 MKVI still looks awesome with the BD pieces fully applied though and that may save it from total aftermarket crash.

Yes.

Many people missed out on those releases, and this gives HT a chance to fix those fading pink panties while also increasing the articulation.

:exactly::goodpost:

.. and despite owning the MkII v1 and v2, I would definitely pick up a diecast version of the Mk II as well, love that armor! :rock

If a collectible is truly limited, then it wasn't mass produced, so that makes no sense. :lol

I see the pointt Mr Walker is making, these are not artisan works of art and anything that is not specifically designated a limited edition with a COA, stands a very good chance of a re-issue at some point (a fact collectors should bear in mind).
A manufacturer is certainly not going to regard secondary market value for Toy collectors, as a restriction on re-releasing figures.. unless they are exclusively creating genuinely limited edition figures, marketed as such.. that is a separate business model.

However I completely disagree with MW's statement about "exclusivity" being the "wrong" reason for collecting.. exclusivity and collecting have been inextricably linked, since the very first collector started picking up unusual looking pebbles.
Exclusivity doesn't have to be the overriding reason for collecting, but to reject the very close connection for many collectors, is quite simply incorrect.

I see the pointt Mr Walker is making, these are not artisan works of art and anything that is not specifically designated a limited edition with a COA, stands a very good chance of a re-issue at some point (a fact collectors should bear in mind).

Eh, that's not really true. You haven't seen re-issues of tons of old HT figures and there's no reason to believe they'll revisit them again. That goes for newer releases as well. These re-issues are more the exception than the rule, it just appears that way since HT has revisited the IM line more than once.

However I completely disagree with MW's statement about "exclusivity" being the "wrong" reason for collecting.. exclusivity and collecting have been inextricably linked, since the very first collector started picking up unusual looking pebbles.
Exclusivity doesn't have to be the overriding reason for collecting, but to reject the very close connection for many collectors, is quite simply incorrect.

:goodpost:

Who knew I should have been collecting items all this time to increase my sense of self-worth, rather than for simple enjoyment/nostalgia. :rolleyes2

If a collectible is truly limited, then it wasn't mass produced, so that makes no sense. :lol

If a product is churned out by the thousands in a factory in China, I think it's fair to describe it as "mass produced".

Back