Is there any need for a MK IV/VI V2.0?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do we need a MK IV/VI or WM MK I Version 2.0?

• Yes! We need them all as Die Casts!

Votes: 40 78.4%
  • No! They are still blending in. Better give me another Ledger Joker.

Votes: 11 21.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
The recent Die Cast releases are a new level of enginering. I enjoy my WM MK II far more than any other IM figure before. With the MK III Die Cast it will be the same. I am pretty certain. These new figures make some of the older ones look like ToyBiz toys in my opinion. Especially the MK VI and WM MK I look surpringsly outdated. The MK IV (at least for me) still has the advantage of the gantry.
When the MK VII arrived I already thought the same but could live wit them. Nevertheless I believe it might be time to think about a Version 2.0 for said figures.
What do you guys think? Will this happen sooner or later? Do you want it to happen? Would you buy them?

Discuss! :duff

Id love a 4 6 and 7 in diecast. being that im almost done, those are the only suits that would reel me back in

For me the MK 3,4,5,6,and 7 are all way to similar in the first place to warrent me having any more than 2 of them. As to wether they need to be dicast is also a moot point with me, on the shelf, posed you really can't tell plastic from metal the level of detail is the same the paint work is the same you would never know there was a diffrence until you picked them up.

The only advantage I can see of a dicast over a plastic is the (possibly) better articulation, I do like what Hot Toys has done with the new MK 42 and Iron Patriot to improve the articulation although I have yet to see a natural looking 'ground pound' pose.

I have the MK 3 and 7 and feel that to be more than sufficiant to give me a good representation of those early suits and I will not be looking to replace them with a dicast version and if they brought out the MK 4,5,6 in dicast I don't think I would bother with those either, there are far more interesting looking armors out there.

Looks like they are revisiting the line with Diecast with the Mark 3 announcement so I don't see why we shouldn't get the popular ones again. Worst case scenario the Mark 7 at least. I already have the Mark 3 but went ahead with the diecast as well. The diecast ones are truly a joy expecially in hand. Pictures don't do them justice at all.

Yes.

Many people missed out on those releases, and this gives HT a chance to fix those fading pink panties while also increasing the articulation.

No more pink panties would be great. Also, my Mark 6 has extremely loose knees (very common problem), so it's very hard to stand up on its own. An upgrade would be nice.

I'd like more diecast versions of the Iron Man suits & I'd probably buy them all (they'd certainly be my first choice for material use)..., I'm happy with my mark II unleashed figure though so I'm really only interested in mark IV-VII being redone BUT if they were to do something impressive with the mark I & II versions then I'd consider those too. :)

I want to get a MKV diecast before anything. The original one was thin and flimsy and looked anemic IMO. I had it for a while but ended up selling even though it broke the sequence. A diecast would likely bulk up and look worlds better, plus suitcase could be upgraded. After that sure VI and VII diecast would be cool as I raced off to sell mine. For that matter a MKI would be unbelievably amazing, a MKII would look absolutely kickass. And what the heck throw in a diecast MKIV and Iron Patriot MKI for good measure.

I am hoping and praying for a diecast Mark VI as I wasn't collecting when the first one came out and don't want to pay upwards of 400 dollars. Hell I don't even care if it was diecast, I'd be happy with just an updated one as the Mark VI is one of my favorite armors.

I just watched Iron Man 2 again last night and I have to say that Mark VI is still one of my favorite armors. If it ever got re-released I'd pick it up.

I am hoping and praying for a diecast Mark VI as I wasn't collecting when the first one came out and don't want to pay upwards of 400 dollars. Hell I don't even care if it was diecast, I'd be happy with just an updated one as the Mark VI is one of my favorite armors.

That's probably the main reason some people(new collectors) want a diecast MKIV/VI, not so much the material but the aftermarket on the originals. I have a VI paid aftermarket and am content. If a DC comes along Ill probably buy it because, why not. I read another member saying HT wasn't going to pursue DC after MKIII but if there's money to be made I doubt they'll hold that stance for long(if it's true). That said Ill take them both if made.

That's probably the main reason some people(new collectors) want a diecast MKIV/VI, not so much the material but the aftermarket on the originals. I have a VI paid aftermarket and am content. If a DC comes along Ill probably buy it because, why not. I read another member saying HT wasn't going to pursue DC after MKIII but if there's money to be made I doubt they'll hold that stance for long(if it's true). That said Ill take them both if made.

Good point, not exactly new to collecting Iron Man but until last year I resisted getting into another collection focus (as Star Wars & Doctor Who are my main collectibles)..., & now I've broken the resistance I'd happily have the ones I missed if they were reasonably priced SO yes, although I want diecast for the materials & a better base, I also want them because of the better price too. lol ;)

Back