Is the sideshow shipper box important?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOZEclone88

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Another possible noob question...

So I have the opportunity to purchase a sideshow premium format figure. This seller has told me that the figure is brand new and sealed, BUT since it is from a distributor... there is no brown sideshow shipper box. I realize this may be very picky, but everything I've owned up to this point includes that shipper box. My question is whether or not that sideshow shipper box carries any inherent value in terms of a resale perspective. Will collectors pass on a statue based solely on a missing brown shipper, or is really the outer box the only real important issue? Thanks any input is valued.

For me personally I like to have the Shipper when I can get it, It protects the Art Box from storage and other possible mishaps, that's the only inherent value for myself.

I think it is important, but not essential. I wouldn't pass on a possible purchase just because the shipper box is missing, as long as the seller can find one of a similar size, as Colossus has said, to protect the Art Box.

It's true that a lot of retailers will ship items in their own boxes, without the shipper. I assume it depends on how it comes to the retailer themself. While I like the shipper, it wouldn't be a deal breaker, since the shipper usually gets pretty banged up anyways.

F' the shipper box. Even if you want to resell it later 95% of the people won't care about not getting it.

it depends on the etailer...alterego dropships, BBTS sometimes has the brown shipper. my surfer came with it while still being in their shipping box

you can prolly ask them for the sideshow shipper

Just took the plunge and bought it...It was from an ebay seller, and they did not have the shipper. Thanks for the responses...I think the seller looks solid, and he assured me that the piece would come in a well packaged box with styrofoam peanuts...hopefully all goes well

I dont worry too much about the shipper box it just helps protect the other box really is all.

Just took the plunge and bought it...It was from an ebay seller, and they did not have the shipper. Thanks for the responses...I think the seller looks solid, and he assured me that the piece would come in a well packaged box with styrofoam peanuts...hopefully all goes well

Which PF piece did you purchase?

Which PF piece did you purchase?

It was the wolverine PF, I know people don't love that piece...but I own/have ordered Gambit/rogue/cyclops....so might as well get wolverine. I paid $265+$25 for shipping, seems like a decent price...still wish it included that damn shipper though...

It was the wolverine PF, I know people don't love that piece...but I own/have ordered Gambit/rogue/cyclops....so might as well get wolverine. I paid $265+$25 for shipping, seems like a decent price...still wish it included that damn shipper though...

$290 shipped isn't a bad price at all...I paid $305 shipped for mine last month

Don't matter if other people like it as long as you do. :wink1:
Congrats on the newest acquisition by the way. :clap

No. They're boxes that fit snuggly onto the product box and leave zero room for packing materials. They're fairly worthless.

For me personally I like to have the Shipper when I can get it, It protects the Art Box from storage and other possible mishaps, that's the only inherent value for myself.

Indeed. It takes up negligible additional space while offering protection from scuffing and dings whether during moving or during storage.

Back