Is the LOTR line really, truly dead?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aragorn

Freakzoid
Reaction score
There's so much doubt and confusion, Sideshow. Just tell us point-blank: is the line really, truly over? Is Gandalf the last?

Will you let us stand alone?

Signs-point-to-yes-.jpg

Really 3 threads are not enough to devote to this fascinating topic.... Anyone want to start a fourth?

I don't think we're going to hear anything from Sideshow about this as long as they have LotR product in their warehouses to sell. Sucks they can't even squeak out 3 more and complete the Fellowship. Hope it doesn't come to pass, but I'm afraid that the LOTR collectors are screwed once again by Sideshow as they were with the incomplete WETA/SS Fellowship. :monkey2

I currently own zero LOTR figures. The fact that Gandalf looks amazing means I will pick him up, and then probably an Aragorn and Frodo (at least). So who's to say? It's not about Sideshow's "plan," it's just plain old numbers and if sales are great for GTG I think anything's possible. No company is going to turn down a profit.
I don't think there is an answer to this question yet. I know that if I had the license I would try to keep it alive, even on a respirator, knowing there is at least one more movie in active development.

If there's no new announcement before Gandalf ships, you can bet your ass a lot of people will be canceling him. Why pay $100 for a fig in a dead line with an incomplete Fellowship?

Like I said in GTG thread, I think the line is more in Suspended Animation than DEAD. But all you "Storm Crows" can just go on squawking. :D

So the line is on hold. I think that sounds more positive than most people seem to believe; we're just so used to dying lines that this one may very well surprise us.

Like I said in GTG thread, I think the line is more in Suspended Animation than DEAD. But all you "Storm Crows" can just go on squawking. :D

I think it'll be "on hold" until The Hobbit movie comes out. I hope they can squeak out 1 or 2 before then (Saruman, Gimli?) but I'd be surprised at this point.

Surely a Merry & Pippin 2 pack of around 500 units would be feasible. The bodies are already there and the clothes are simpler than Frodo and Sam's.
Does this depend on Hot toys sculpting?

I hope its dead, so they can concentrate on better things and licences.

Back