Is the Hot Toys T-800 Endoskeleton worth the asking price?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, lots of indications that HT plans to revisit the Terminator stuff (Arnie likeness, polls, etc). I wouldn't be surprised if we see an Arnie Terminator in the near term (either T1 or 2 version), maybe a Sarah Connor or T-1000 soon after that and a reissue of the Endo shortly thereafter.

Considering the aftermarket prices of the Endo on Ebay, they've gotta know there's still a market for Endo buyers out there who will gladly pay $150-200 for a DX reissue.

I think chroming is definitely out of the question. They had that chance with the mark 2, but they decided not to. Couldn't figure out why, but guess its out of the question.

And I doubt that there's anything to upgrade on the endo. A PERS? Wouldn't do much, on an endo. And besides, if they have any upgrades, it would have been done on the T700. The fact that they reused the mold again with just a little bit of tweakuin on the surface of T700 pretty much explain that they have no new ideas to work on the T800, IMHO.

I don't think HT will just do these again, unless they can add some cool features. My guess is the T1 will probably just a DX with arnie likeness, which a lot of us here is looking forward to. And T2 again with arnie's likeness, plus there weren't any endos in T2 anyways.

But to answer your question, no its not cool to pay $500 for these, if you are not a hard core fan. But if you are, then go for it man. No $100 T700 figure can justify it. As the one you want is a T800. I mean, ppl are paying $800 for a MJ fig. So a $500 T800 is still cheap. Lol!

The Hot Toys T-800 being the first Endoskeleton they made will most likely remain the most desirable "collectable" for a lot of collectors and fans of the Terminator franchise. If they do make a DX version or even a chrome reissue that fact won't change. Keep that in mind when making your decision.

Ok, so I have a T-700 I just got for about $140 USD. I originally planned to repaint it to make it look more silverish, but am unsure now because I sorta like it the way it is and I wouldn't want to mess it up. It's articulation is marvelous as every joint you could find on a real terminator is there, every piston works (when you move the hands or feet there's even 3 pistons in the arms and legs that move up and down), the eyes light up (excellent display feature, and the batteries seem to be replaceable)... The only bad part about him is no plasma rifle and no shiny paint job. But then again, he's a T-700.

I give him an 8.5/10 (just for the paintjob and pitted surface)

I also got an Aoshima T-800 on eBay a while back before SS was selling them, cost me about $180 USD. He's nice and shiny(well, sort of cuz mine's the BD version with painted on weathering), but articulation leaves a lot to be desired. The hands are interchangeable, which means that they cannot connect to pistons in the arms to be fully accurate, which means the arm pistons don't even move (nor do the ones for the feet, and the feet can only rotate, no ball joint here). Also the fingers are not poseable at all, and they have difficulty holding any weapons but Aoshima's, which are so thin other figures can't hold them right. It comes with a relaxed hand for each arm, and then a trigger finger hand for the right arm. The hands are filled in where they should be hollow between the fingers closer to the arm (not like the Hot Toys endos). Also most of the joints on the body are ratcheted, greatly limiting poseability (every time you move the arm or leg it makes a loud *click* sound and you can't pose it very delicately)... The eyes are just painted red, and the teeth are the same silver as the rest of him (instead of an enamel color). The Aoshima is also lacking some cable-like things around the neck and shoulders.

I give him a 7/10, for terrible poseability, some innacuracies (missing cables, non functioning pistons), and not having light up eyes.

What I think you should do is buy a T-700 for around $140 USD, wait for a new HT T-800 endo, and if it doesn't come, paint the T-700 silver. If one does come, then pay another $140 or so for the new one.

If you buy the T-700 now and a possible future T-800, that'll cost you a grand total of $240. Half the price of a T-800 on eBay. And then you'll have two awesome terminators for the price of... half of one. And if there is no new T-800, you'll have spent only $140 and you could just make due with having a shiny super poesable light-up eyes endo with a slighlty pitted surface after painting it, rather than a shiny super poseable light up eyes endo with a smooth plasticky surface for $500.

As for the plasma rifle and other weapons, you could buy those separately on eBay... or find someone like me who has a Hot Toys Plasma rifle and would be willing to mold and cast it.

If you don't care about poseability, light up eyes, or a few missing cables and all you want is a shiny terminator right now and you just can't wait any longer, get an Aoshima for $200. But make sure you know what you want, because after getting the Aoshima you may be majorly disappointed if you find he just can't pose the right way or the painted eyes just really make it look bad...

What the guy is saying is that you shouldn't buy a real vintage rolex daytona. You should just get the recent daytona, and modify it to look like the vintage one. Cause price wise, its cheaper if you modify those.

No such thing as a cheap Daytona - old or new. Maybe a fake one from China. :lol

I wouldn't pay $500. for the T-800, though. But lots are for some reason... I think I paid $105. each for both of mine.

Thanks for the honest opinions you guys! Well come to think of it, with that kind of money + the shipping cost, i could technically buy a T-700 + T-600 + a newer T-800, if they do make one. The seller re-listed the T-800 and lowered it $450, but you all made me think twice hahahaha so i guess i'll just bid my time, i dont think the price would get any higher in the near future anyway

The T-700 and any T-600 would be a good move. You'll save some money, too. The prices for T-800's will decrease when the hype evaporates.

I think chroming is definitely out of the question. They had that chance with the mark 2, but they decided not to. Couldn't figure out why, but guess its out of the question.

I think that's because Ironman torso made from soft PVC. As I now, soft PVC can not be chromed. It'll flake once you just touch it.

Maybe that one-off Teen Wolf that we saw a while back, but nothing else that I've seen :D
cool, but not half-a-grand cool.
and there's no way i'm buying anything from that corny movie.
i'd rather see what they could do with a Chewbacca figure.

If some PFs or busts are easily worth $500 (which some are), then an amazing, 1 of 1, 1/6 scale figure like that one surely is worth at least that much.

:lecture

None of these toys are grails. HT doesn't even care about edition sizes, much like Medicom.

Back