Is the Hot Toys T-800 Endoskeleton worth the asking price?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M-Stig

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I've been itching to get my hands on the old HT T-800. But the price seems to allude me. Now that i have some disposable income to dispose off, i think i might as well get one! The cheapest price i've seen on Ebay is $500, here's the Ebay link

https://cgi.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320432786109&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

The question is, do you think he's worth the $500 asking price? He's Used, but i dont mind, even with shipping he's only $570 compared with those in the states which costs $650 - $700 without shipping.

Do you think i should give this one a go, or should i just buy the cheaper T-700 that comes without any weapons?

It's a great figure but I personally would do the t-700, the weapons and the shinier look is not worth $420 more IMHO

It's a great figure but I personally would do the t-700, the weapons and the shinier look is not worth $420 more IMHO

Yeah, that's what i've been thinking. But im the kind of person who goes for "movie accuracy", and the shinier looks of the 800s does looks better than the Salvation's 700s. But it is at least 400 bucks more than the 700 though. Any idea on what would be a fair price for a used T-800 today? I could try to bargain from a few people

There probably gonna release this guy again when they re-do T2 maybe as a DX or something with some extra weapons and ultra skull base!

I would hold off till they start doing their new T2 and hopefully T1 figures. Surely that line will include another endoskeleton, possibly with improvements. You'd be kicking yourself then if you could get a superior endo at normal retail price but paid over $500 for the old one. I mean, even if they don't do a new endo will the old ones get more expensive by then?

Last edited:
I mean it's really up to you but I think a-dev is right it would suck to pay all that money and then find out hot toys is re doing the Endo which would most likely be better and definitely would be cheaper

For that money, I'd rather go for a lifesize bust, or something "more" if you understand me..

T-700 is actually the very same thing as T-800 in terms of articulation and size, surface/finish is the only thing that sets them apart..And even tho T-800 would be cooler to have, it's no way worth the asking money, and if you're going for screen accuracy as you said, T-700 looks more movie accurate then T-800 (as T-800 isn't chromed, and looks rather plastic, if not custom painted in chrome)..

Just my opinion..

Who can tell what Hot Toys might or might not do. At least they have announced they have the license for Terminator, so waiting is definitely a worthwhile option. These high prices will still be there, waiting for you, if HT don't do a new T-800. Any figure is only worth what you are willing to spend, used or not. If you are hard pressed, why not get the Aoshima Endo?

Knowing Hot Toys this will be like the Iron Man MK III and they will release an all-chrome DX version.

I never have one. But no way I will spent disposable 500 bucks just for this figure. It's not worth it.

Like everyone else has said DONT DO IT. While its a nice figure, its not $500 nice. Not even $250 nice. Get a t700 to get your fix and wait for another release to happen down the road. Its not even shiny like you may think, its gray plastic. Its doesnt look that good, imo. I had it, sold it and havent regretted it. If you have $500 to spare, buy something that you REALLY want, not something you kinda, sorta, maybe ask the Freaks board 'want' ....

Once we see some new T2 figures out from Hot Toys, i would love to see the Endo have a new mold done,(atleast the head) with moveable eyes would be pretty awesome,chrome finnish is a must.I say buy a T-700 or wait it out for a deal on the older T-800 figure but, something tells me they will revisit this one in time.

It is a GREAT figure but not $500 great. With the $500 you can get a combat 1:1 endoskull for example or other cool things

A nice figure, and I think it might be worth upwards of $220, but not much more than that.

One issue with these is that they look great, but they might as well be little statues given how fragile they are and how little movement you can get with them. To me, that brings the price down a bit.

Not that you need dramatic action poses with the Endos or anything.

Not worth that kind of green... noway, nohow. Great figure and glad I own one.

A good alternative (as Creech mentioned) is the Aoshima. 95% diecast and very nice... not as nice as HT, but damn close and a fraction of the cost.

Back