Is the Alien Dog Maquette worth the money?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ascello

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've been collecting alien-related statues and busts for a couple of years now and have often considered trying to get my hands on one of these. I have Sideshow's Alien Big Chap Maquette pre-ordered and I'm expecting to receive my backordered Alien Warrior Maquette soon. I believe the dog is a bigger scale and the quality appears to be very good but is it worth the high price these are commanding? I have some money saved and I'm wondering if I should spend it on this one maquette or use it toward buying a series of far less expensive alien statues that are or will be available relatively soon:dunno Opinions from those who own it??

I have both the Cinemaquette Alien and the Sideshow dog maquette and although I prefer the original alien character to the dog, I actually like the dog statue better than the Cinemaquette. You are right about it being larger in scale to the other sideshow pieces. It's actually 1/3 scale like the Cinemaquettes. I'm not sure what these go for now but I would give it some serious consideration. I feel it's one of Sideshows best.

I've seen these go for a lil' over $2,000 on ebay. I tried to buy one a few weeks ago but, I've been outbid. IMO The Dog maquette is a very beautiful piece but, paying well over $2,000 (plus $500 shipping to Hawaii) for this piece just wasn't worth it to me.

So instead, I took my $2,500 and spent it on many other less expensive Alien statues and Cobra figures. :yess:

Finest maquette I own, no question. Gets far more attention than any pf or smaller maquette when people see it. Pics really dont do it justice. Have considered selling it from time to time but havent been able to let it go yet

It's really about what works for you. Are u really big on the dog alien as a movie character?

What else do you think you would be into. $2Gs can buy a lot of the upcoming statues :D

2000 is tooooo much for one statue... There are more coming..
but it's true you can't let it go..-_-;;

The Dog alien is the best Alien statue out there.
I have the CM Alien and had the Alien Warrior maquette.

The Dog has the best paint job on any alien, it's an amazing piece !
And BIG.

Back