Is SS coping with the EU CRISIS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sennalupo

Freaked Out
Reaction score
As an avid collector, I must say that of late, the past three/four months of releases have been may I say 'lame'. Prints and PVC figures come on, Dutch PF was the only decent figure released during the Spoketacular promo' and don't get me started on the Angel PF figure. Am I now having to invest in antiques to supplement may craving. Please SS work with us to continue this wonderful hobby/addiction you already have my heart know please consider my soul.

geek_costume_2.jpg

Toy forum = no care about 14 trillion hole.

King, yes I understand that it is about our collection, I was just saying that are we seeing a change/ new direction in SS through the influences of foreign economies. We all know that most of all products are produced in China/Asia. Commerce is commerce are we to look farther afield, I am 100% SS no questions but the world is changing, should we?

the world is changing, should we?

yes. Clearly you have money to blow and maybe in the tough economy you should consider appeasing your addiction by donating the $$$ thats burning a hole in your pocket to the needy and someone who could use it to put food on the table rather than complaining about the toys and dolls being offered up to you... :monkey1

What is this "you" stuff? I'm doing just fine. :dunno

Evil, I just highlighting that of late SS releases have been a bit wanting. I have noticed that every newsletter now doesn't come with a "oh can I afford this" now it is like yeah I can pass on most of the items. It's just that I used to wake up every Friday morning and look forward to purchasing something that is truly unique and fantastic. All I am saying is it a sign of the times?

Well I guess that is a good thing, would suck for SS to roll out stuff every other week that I wanted. But looking at their recent offerings there has been something for everyone.

yes. Clearly you have money to blow and maybe in the tough economy you should consider appeasing your addiction by donating the $$$ thats burning a hole in your pocket to the needy and someone who could use it to put food on the table rather than complaining about the toys and dolls being offered up to you... :monkey1

Are you serious, I am not sprouting the decadence of a few, all I am saying is that I personally have noticed a change in the products being produced by SS. Hell I'm not saying that I want to be provided with an array of high priced goods, I was just commenting on the sudden change in products being offered. Social responsibility is a requirement of the elected government, or the philanthropy of the 1%.

A sign of your tastes not being met, hardly a global economic issue.

If you read around here, every Thursday there are people excited about something or other.

My apologies, I never meant to discriminate, I was only stating my own observations. I am a committed SS collector and I was only trying to garnish a general view or comment of the current releases.

There are plenty of signs that the decline in American purchasing power around the world has effected Sideshow, but I don't think selection of product is one of them. Their role as distributor for other companies has been long established.

Other than the closing of the EU warehouse years ago, I can't think of anything that's directly related to Europe's troubles.

Back