Is SS coping with the EU CRISIS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They need to stop bleeding money out for the purposes of consumption (which is really only the destruction of wealth) and eliminate everything killing the incentive to expand existing business. Growth is impossible without profit, and the greater the profit, the greater the potential for growth. Anyone who thinks that the 1% do not want to get more rich are not making sense, and nothing is going to change if the rich are prohibited from getting richer.

They need to stop bleeding money out for the purposes of consumption (which is really only the destruction of wealth) and eliminate everything killing the incentive to expand existing business. Growth is impossible without profit, and the greater the profit, the greater the potential for growth. Anyone who thinks that the 1% do not want to get more rich are not making sense, and nothing is going to change if the rich are prohibited from getting richer.

It's funny. I wonder how many of the hypocrites protesting would develop the attitude of the "1%," if they achieved the same wealth. :lol

The rich haven't stopped getting richer. They know where to invest, the problem is that profits are larger the more and more you invest in outsourced companies.

If thats due to government intervention, environmentalists, minumum wage, etc...then I'm fine with getting rid of that stuff.

We have to make it affordable for employers to reinvest in American workers at ALL levels of education and skill.

Regarding education, the only reason everyone seems compelled to go into debt for college is because the loss of skilled, but non degreed jobs, manufacturing type jobs, etc. Now every person who is just barely above working at Taco Bell thinks they need to spend $30,000 to go to school. Not everyone should and thats okay. And there needs to be those options in every society. Lowskill-middleskill-highskill jobs. Right now you are either white collar or no collar.

I'm fine with the rich helping themselves get richer, but we need to figure out a way to involve Americans instead of the Chinese or Indians or whatever. Like I said, if that takes government to remove lots of crazy restrictions like minimum wage, lets do it.

Devil, can you expound on your consumption comment.

I'm fine with the rich helping themselves get richer, but we need to figure out a way to involve Americans instead of the Chinese or Indians or whatever. Like I said, if that takes government to remove lots of crazy restrictions like minimum wage, lets do it.

The problem isn't employers, it's employees. Let's look at the tech industry as an example. Many people try to live outside their means and expect employers to pull money out of their asses, in an economy that's really not buying the products that fund the business on a level that matches inflation, to pay for cost of living increases. Increasing the price of the product to compensate is oxymoronic when people can't afford the current prices to begin with. In the end when it reaches a boiling point, said "Indian" is willing to do the job for tens of thousands of dollars less than the American employee is demanding. So the American employee gets laid off and the Indian gets hired in his place, freeing up a substantial amount of overhead that can be further utilized to lower the price of the product, for a potential increase in sales. In the end, it's the business' survival is what's most important, and the collateral damage is that an Indian finds employment while the American is forced out, to collect Unemployment while he prays for someone else to hire him on at an over-demanding wage. Add that to the entitlement belief of many that working fast food, finding employment in the produce industry, and other "menial" jobs are beneath them and it's no wonder our country's gone to ____.

I don't get it. People complain that there are too many releases in a given time frame and that they can't keep up with it, then I see "man, there's not enough stuff I'm interested in, I wanna spend all my $$$, these releases are lame".

You can't have it both ways.

I don't get it. People complain that there are too many releases in a given time frame and that they can't keep up with it, then I see "man, there's not enough stuff I'm interested in, I wanna spend all my $$$, these releases are lame".

You can't have it both ways.

Sure as hell doesn't stop them from trying. :lol

The problem isn't employers, it's employees. Let's look at the tech industry as an example. Many people try to live outside their means and expect employers to pull money out of their asses, in an economy that's really not buying the products that fund the business on a level that matches inflation, to pay for cost of living increases. Increasing the price of the product to compensate is oxymoronic when people can't afford the current prices to begin with. In the end when it reaches a boiling point, said "Indian" is willing to do the job for tens of thousands of dollars less than the American employee is demanding. So the American employee gets laid off and the Indian gets hired in his place, freeing up a substantial amount of overhead that can be further utilized to lower the price of the product, for a potential increase in sales. In the end, it's the business' survival is what's most important, and the collateral damage is that an Indian finds employment while the American is forced out, to collect Unemployment while he prays for someone else to hire him on at an over-demanding wage. Add that to the entitlement belief of many that working fast food, finding employment in the produce industry, and other "menial" jobs are beneath them and it's no wonder our country's gone to ____.

I think you're 90% correct. But the reason Chinese and Indian laborers will take a pitance of the American salary is that the cost of living in India or China is likewise a pitance of what it is in America. For some Chinese or Indians alternative is total squalor. Not sure we need Americans to adjust their expectations that low, do you?

I think you're 90% correct. But the reason Chinese and Indian laborers will take a pitance of the American salary is that the cost of living in India or China is likewise a pitance of what it is in America. For some Chinese or Indians alternative is total squalor. Not sure we need Americans to adjust their expectations that low, do you?

I wasn't talking about outsourcing at all. I was referring to employment here in the states. But I do think outsourcing is a byproduct of what I mentioned previously.

I don't think that Americans need to lower their standard of living to that level to compete with them, but they can't keep expecting to have their cake and eat it too. Either the government controls business and spoonfeeds their every whim (until the whole ____house goes up in flames), or they learn what it takes to earn what they want 100% independently.

I thought when you were saying the Indian will accept thousands of dollars lower vs an American, that was what you meant. Anyway, I agree that wage expectation is high in America, but I would hope that an adjustment to reality doesn't also mean similar standards of living.

I thought when you were saying the Indian will accept thousands of dollars lower vs an American, that was what you meant. Anyway, I agree that wage expectation is high in America, but I would hope that an adjustment to reality doesn't also mean similar standards of living.

I did say Indian. I was referring to immigrants and those who're here on work visas. They are willing to work the same job as an American, at a considerably lower salary.

damn. posted a nice reply that didn't post.

Anyway, point was I don't worry about that, more or less, people "in America" (at least legally and paying taxes) are Americans to me. I don't think the visa workers are that big of a problem, especially as they pay their share of taxes or they get axed.

For me the problem is when the American companies sell the end product to Americans but all the expenditures that the company invested into making the product went to nonAmericans. In the end the only American that profits is the owner and the other people that benefit are in another land. We get fancy toys and cheap toothbrushes. Yeah.

Metaphorically, the machine needs continual oiling. If you leave the drain open you have to constantly pour oil in. If you close the drain the machine filters and reuses the oil and it keeps going on its own.

There are 2 sides to the coin. American employees need to make themselves desirable but also American corporations need to extend the opportunity as well.

Yes, but how do you run said machine after you've run out of gas and can't afford to buy more? :dunno

If the US had kept doing what you suggest, American companies would've bankrupted themselves on payroll alone, a lot sooner than they already are, trying to tread water in this economy despite the reduced overhead from outsourcing.

Yes, but how do you run said machine after you've run out of gas and can't afford to buy more? :dunno

If the US had kept doing what you suggest, American companies would've bankrupted themselves on payroll alone, a lot sooner than they already are, trying to tread water in this economy despite the reduced overhead from outsourcing.

How about not paying CEOs millions of dollars to run the company into the ground? How about being satisfied with safe and consistent profit instead of chasing risky and unsustainable growth in ventures companies have no business being in?

How about avoiding ridiculous real estate deals?

There are a lot of things companies can do to stay ahead of the game without outsourcing.

The other thing is how about not taking every company public to allow it to be butchered by investors and controllers who know nothing of the company except for its profit margins?

Nobody cares more and knows the direction for a company better than its owner. If the owner sells out to the mob then they will drive it off the cliff in search of short term profits. Some companies need to maintain the love of its entrepenuer to keep going.

How about not paying CEOs millions of dollars to run the company into the ground? How about being satisfied with safe and consistent profit instead of chasing risky and unsustainable growth in ventures companies have no business being in?

How about avoiding ridiculous real estate deals?

There are a lot of things companies can do to stay ahead of the game without outsourcing.

You're only talking about a handfull of companies here, and in some cases the risks for investment was to compensate for an ever-growing payroll demand. I'm talking in general.

The other thing is how about not taking every company public to allow it to be butchered by investors and controllers who know nothing of the company except for its profit margins?

Nobody cares more and knows the direction for a company better than its owner. If the owner sells out to the mob then they will drive it off the cliff in search of short term profits. Some companies need to maintain the love of its entrepenuer to keep going.

This is assuming the business has a sole owner. In many cases, they do not and then it becomes a vote among investors. In many cases, it's the investors sticking their noses in and making decisions that conflict with the creator(s)'s opinions.

I did say Indian. I was referring to immigrants and those who're here on work visas. They are willing to work the same job as an American, at a considerably lower salary.

Welcome to Canada, mainly Ontario...it really makes me sick to my stomach.

Well, then lower your sense of self entitlement and become competitive. That's really the only way you win that game. :huh

Lots of companies out source through temp agencies to hire for cheap and they know most FOBs are stupid enough to work for ____ money.
Most of these people come here and shack up eight or more people to a run down one bedroom apartment and turn that place into a cesspool, and in some cases commit fraudulant acts that go unnoticed through social services and other out reach programs, government based.

Most people fresh out of Uni and College have to work manufacturing jobs here now and have to struggle with ____ wages because FOBs set that standard for everyone now i think.

Last edited:
Back