Is sideshow pricing making you reconsider this hobby?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IS SIDESHOW PRICING MAKING YOU RECONSIDER THIS HOBBY?

• YES

Votes: 122 76.3%
  • NO

Votes: 38 23.8%

• Total voters
I am quitting sideshow , deadpool price are really killing ppl now

No, but I've stopped buying from them.
Well kinda. Only thing I have left are Mondo turtles I snagged each with those coupons.
But reconsidering cancelling those.

I only buy from them IF it is a Sideshow Exclusive... otherwise forget it. They always charge full MSRP, and then claim they're giving you some deal by giving you Reward points (that you can only use at their site). I'd rather get the discount from other retailers up front and save the money now.

Same here...the industry is rapidly approaching the max price point for most folks....

Then we will see a large contraction in the big companies who are over producing....

Yeah I'm definitely being more selective

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

As the prices keep going up, I've gone to buying one of everything - to the products that look the coolest - to my absolute favorites - to now MAYBE 2 or 3 purchases a year.

I know collectible companies don't care about that. But it's a sign of the times.

I'm buying less, but I'm not ready to put that on pricing completely. I see the rising price tags, get discouraged, but am still clicking buy here and there. More likely an outlook change on the hobby as a whole..

Space in my man room is becoming a concern. Me and the Mrs agreed to not let the entire house become a museum. So I'm thinking, after year 2017 PO fulfilled, it must come to an halt on collecting. I may never truly quit but become a casual collector maybe less than a handful of pieces a year. As long as the resources are flowing and I'm not alerted of any children on the way I'm in.

I'm buying less, but I'm not ready to put that on pricing completely. I see the rising price tags, get discouraged, but am still clicking buy here and there. More likely an outlook change on the hobby as a whole..

:lecture. Space and boxes are part of that equation for me lately.

Last edited:
Nope. I've never been interested in Sideshow or everyone's obsession with DC/Marvel. To each their own, but it's not for me.

Yeah prices are making me rethink the whole thing. Ive got two of my biggest purchases ever coming up- Voltron and the Prime1 90's Turtles- and I'm starting to feel a little dirty spending all this money. Now 3 big companies are announcing 1:4 anime lines... I am absolutley cutting out any and all statues that dont completely blow me away, come from companies that have great qc, and have high nostalgic value. Im in retail and sales have been going from bad to worse. My income is down about 50% from two years ago and justifying buying these things that sit on a shelf is just getting harder and harder.

Yeah prices are making me rethink the whole thing. Ive got two of my biggest purchases ever coming up- Voltron and the Prime1 90's Turtles- and I'm starting to feel a little dirty spending all this money. Now 3 big companies are announcing 1:4 anime lines... I am absolutley cutting out any and all statues that dont completely blow me away, come from companies that have great qc, and have high nostalgic value. Im in retail and sales have been going from bad to worse. My income is down about 50% from two years ago and justifying buying these things that sit on a shelf is just getting harder and harder.

Same here. Only in for a few (very FEW) pieces that blow me away with nostalgia, price and quality.

I feel like Sideshow has went beyond a price point people are willing to pay. I'm now seeing exclusives still available months after the statue has started shipping and most statues selling for below retail in the after market. I'm not going to stop collecting because there are still characters I want, but Sideshow's pricing (along with their never ending line of Captain Morgan poses) has definitely made me start spending my money with other companies.

I feel like Sideshow has went beyond a price point people are willing to pay. I'm now seeing exclusives still available months after the statue has started shipping and most statues selling for below retail in the after market. I'm not going to stop collecting because there are still characters I want, but Sideshow's pricing (along with their never ending line of Captain Morgan poses) has definitely made me start spending my money with other companies.

Same boat! Have gone overseas to many Asian dealers for my 1/6 stuff now.

Back